Ukraine Conflict - Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master

Mamoulian War

And big action by Belarusian partysans near Minsk. They blown up Russian radar aircraft.. Only 6 (now 5) such planes with modification U are in service in Russian army. Estimated cost 300M USD.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Ehm, it is a recreational pond and has area of 40ha, and it is called Pivnichnyi Pond 🤷‍♂️

Or 400,000sqm. Even at a mere (ohoho) 1m deep on average that's 400,000t of water. If it would take you an hour to walk around it's not really a pond.

And I wasn't comparing it with the NK dam in terms of size- that would be more comparable to the Tabqa Dam/ Lake Assad in Syria- I was comparing it in terms of something that didn't happen despite months of being told it was imminent with something that actually did, and did actually force evacuations and danger to civilians. Not the first time Ukraine has done it either, since at very least they blew the dam at Sviatohirsk as well, when they lost that position.

I am also somewhat amused that some of the more... hopeful pro Ukrainian mappers have them launching successful counterattacks across the flooded area. Nobody begrudges being hopeful, but sheesh, come up with something which isn't contradicted by your own side guys.

5 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

If it would take you an hour to walk around it's not really a pond.

Agreed. Sorry to digress somewhat, but there may be a linguistic issue here. For instance, I've often heard someone refer to a body of water as "a lake" and thought that's never a lake, it's way too small, but then neither is it a pond -- but there are no English terms that seem exact enough. @Mamoulian War may also be thinking of a term in his native language that is nicely inbetween.

But yeah, not a pond.

Edited by xzar_monty

Pond is man made body of water, lake is naturally formed. 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

58 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Let us not turn this into a lexicographical exercise, but your definition of pond is wrong, and you can look it up if you want.

Well i googled it and you are correct, no idea why I remember learning it this way

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Well i googled it and you are correct, no idea why I remember learning it this way

You were probably thinking of a pool and not a pond? And  a swimming pool is normally man made 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Europeans often talk about the US as "being on the other side of the pond"... (ok, I'll shut up now 😝)

Maybe I'm slightly paranoid, but this *relative* quietness from the front makes me feel uneasy. I know it sounds like a pun on an old German book and in some ways applies, where even a quiet day results in lots of death and misery without it being considered newsworthy anymore.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

19 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Europeans often talk about the US as "being on the other side of the pond"... (ok, I'll shut up now 😝)

Maybe I'm slightly paranoid, but this *relative* quietness from the front makes me feel uneasy. I know it sounds like a pun on an old German book and in some ways applies, where even a quiet day results in lots of death and misery without it being considered newsworthy anymore.

Well, all the death and misery is still made available for you to consume, albeit with crappy German metal or other inappropriate soundtracks for stuff like ATGM strikes or artillery.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More info on the “pond” and the alleged UA counteroffensive on the front. @xzar_montyPond here is translated as “rybník” a.k.a. small recreational water area, primary used to grow fishes. I believe, it is the same in Ukrainian, as the direct translation of that water area from ukrainian to english is Northern Pond. 

And here is the info on the alleged cucumber shaped which DefMon refutes in the above Tweet. So it should be taken with a pretty big grain of salt until anyone confirms it. Due to psyops, both guys can be right. I am more inclined to believe DefMon this time, despite Suchomimus being very trustworthy and accurate so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/02/25/russia-ends-nowhere-they-say

@xzar_monty

Monty I know you like your  psychological articles about people's mindset. Here is another one about Putin and how he sees the invasion and Russia's future linked inextricably to the invasion and war 

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Gorth said:

You know, if you're prone to paranoia and you're isolated and there's plenty of quiet and it lasts for over a year, you can become very uneasy indeed... 😃

But I know what you're talking about. Imaginaton always has more room when there's less to attach to, in terms of concrete news, for instance, and this isn't generally a good thing. The business-as-usualization of a war is not a good thing, either.

• Like 1

Oh no, Solovyov admitting Russia did start this war. Vatnik propagandists are going to be shattered, guess its not  the West\NATO  fault. But refreshing to see some honestly,  " oh what a tangled web we weave when we seek to deceive " 

Edited by BruceVC
  • Thanks 1

John Milton 

Peskov is whining, that Scholz and Macron are no longer calling Putin 🙈 Their pettyness can still amaze me sometimes.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/02/28/7391319/

in the meantime Rheinmetall with Estonia are commencing with shipments of automated surveilance stuff to UA.

https://www.reuters.com/article/rheinmetall-orders-idUSL8N3582SC

EDIT: Saudi Arabia has decided to pick a side, and signed 400M USD help to Ukraine, of which 300M is on oil related products and 100M on humanitarian help.

• Thanks 1

They had already sent humanitarian aid last year, I had thought.

https://www.reuters.com/world/saudi-arabia-announces-400-mln-humanitarian-aid-ukraine-2022-10-14/

Well, amounts match, hm.

4 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

@Gorth, it has to be remembered that quiet is of course relative, as you yourself said. Here's something interesting:

https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/02/28/fire-breaks-out-at-rosneft-oil-terminal-after-two-reported-drone-explosions

They're getting better with their drones. Croatian parking lots can rest easy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

@Gorth, it has to be remembered that quiet is of course relative, as you yourself said. Here's something interesting:

https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/02/28/fire-breaks-out-at-rosneft-oil-terminal-after-two-reported-drone-explosions

Australia is busy testing its own homegrown drone... although that one is more likely aimed at China than Russia to be honest...

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/2/27/australian-air-force-takes-drone-from-paper-to-flight-in-two-months

Doesn't mean Ukraine can have a few toys donated to them

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/australia-sends-33-million-in-military-drones-to-ukraine-and-imposes-new-sanctions-to-mark-one-year-since-putins-invasion/news-story/46a3d09c1d47e31e42fc2d7b46360896

"The $33 million drone package takes Australia’s total military support – which includes 90 Bushmaster vehicles, six M777 155mm lightweight towed howitzers and 28 M113AS4 Armoured Vehicles – to $510 million in helping Ukraine’s army and the millions of displaced residents."

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

OSINT types on the A-50's damage.

No, it's not. The US is currently attacking Canada and holding Mexico by way of having its designated puppet as president there; Joe Biden's ranting speeches contain all the same themes of satanism and what have you. The forcibly mobilized hordes sent to Canada consist mostly of indigenous American peoples, such as the Pawnee and the Navajo.

I can't see a difference between the US and Russia in this or any other regard; you're quite right and your observation is remarkably astute and pertinent.

• Haha 5

Ukrainian drones are striking deeper into Russia.
Supposedly energy infrastructure is now also being targeted.

On 2/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, Mamoulian War said:

Berlin denied today that such offer was ever offered to Kiyv.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/02/26/7391092/

Would you really expect otherwise even if it was true?
Apparently similar reports surface in Germany.

Edited by pmp10

31 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I mean is it any different in the US?

Maybe during the Vietnam war, but without a draft, most US recruits are coming from the middle class and are predominately white. 

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/demographics-us-military#chapter-title-0-7

So uh, no. Your statement hold no merit.

• Thanks 1