Revan

Will we actually see him?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will we actually see him?

• Yes, he will make a cameo
    • No, we will only be told what happens to him
    • WTF, why are you bringing this up again?
    • I have no opinion but i'm a looser who likes to vote for the sake of it

I know this is an old topic but i just wanted to guage people's thoughts. I personally think that we won't see him but what do u guys think!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think (and hope) that Revan will make a cameo.  I think I read somewhere that we will find out what happens to him/her.

I think everyone know that but that does not mean that he/she has to make a cameo.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I doubt that Revan will actually appear. Variables like Revan's gender, face, and Force alignment are really the least of the problems. Everyone attaches a different personality to Revan, and it would be imossible to satisfy them all. Unless of course they want to just say "this is who Revan is, and your choices in the first game didn't matter" but they already said that they weren't going to do this.

I doubt that Revan will actually appear.  Variables like Revan's gender, face, and Force alignment are really the least of the problems.  Everyone attaches a different personality to Revan, and it would be imossible to satisfy them all.  Unless of course they want to just say "this is who Revan is, and your choices in the first game didn't matter" but they already said that they weren't going to do this.

post-1139-1094174094.gif Amen.

I think that it's a little weird how Obsidian said they didn't want Revan to be the PC because they didn't want to contradict or ruin the choices the players made in the original KotOR but still end up doing it anyway.

If Revan's fate in TSL is the path of redemption that still contradicts the players that voted for the dark Revan ending, if Revan falls back to the DS it contradicts his redemption by players in the original, if Revan dies well that just sucks all around.

As to the specific question, I believe it was said somewhere Revan has some part to play in the story of TSL so I think he will probably be seen, hopefully a little more than a single chat.

If he (she?) is seen, I wonder what he'll look like. I'm not sure how intensive or probing the questions are, but I don't believe they'd be able to specify the exact appearance of Revan's character model in the first game (aside from us having to choose the character model).

Another thing that's been bothering me about the line of questioning. How is it that our character is supposed to know anything about what happened in KotOR if he (she?) was out in the Rims somewhere while the rest of the galaxy went to pot? Can't be the Force, since we've been told we'd start off the game out of touch with our abilities (no "I sense a disturbance in the Force" or "I have foreseen it" moments for us I guess ^_^ ). And aren't we supposed to have been alone in our exile?

I was under the impression that the questions would be laid on us gradually during the game, rather than in a one shot at the beginning (either at or soon after character creation). That led me to believe that it would be NPCs asking us what happened (they better include the "How in Blue Blazes would I know?" option for those of us that didn't play KotOR :) - hey it can happen, I picked up BG2 and never bothered to go back and play the first one :ph34r: ).

Which brings up another concern. What would happen to those people that didn't play KotOR? What would be the 'official' history then? And if there is an 'official' history, why bother with the questions? (it would be clear at that point that there was no relevance to anything we did in the first game)

Another thing that's been bothering me about the line of questioning. How is it that our character is supposed to know anything about what happened in KotOR if he (she?) was out in the Rims somewhere while the rest of the galaxy went to pot? Can't be the Force, since we've been told we'd start off the game out of touch with our abilities (no "I sense a disturbance in the Force" or "I have foreseen it" moments for us I guess ^_^ ). And aren't we supposed to have been alone in our exile?

I asked this a while back but got no response for it, frankly it seems like a major plot hole so far. Just how the PC knows anything about how the original story ended if he/she was exiled is beyond me, I just hope it isn't something lame like the visions you mentioned, or I read it somewhere, or some guy told me.

I myself would have liked this to have been a true sequel also, still keeping the original or some of the original characters while still incorporating the new ones as sequels often do.

think of this as a compromise between final fantasy series and your average sequel, a few of the original cast will probably make cameos, and all will be reffered to, but the main focus will be on the new characters

Actually, I'm put more in mind of BG to BG2. I remember my first time through BG2, running into people and seeing the option "Hey, aren't you supposed to be dead?" (or I killed you! - which generally got a response that I would chuckle at) Picked it a couple of times just to see the response, but the funnier reactions came when I went "who did you say you were?" :huh: Made even funnier because I really had no clue why they insisted on pestering me.

I wonder if we'll get into moments like that in SWKotOR 2 (even after saying we aced this or that character).

[edit]Of course, since we're different characters anyways, it's unlikely we (TSL character) would be overly concerned.

Maybe Revan will appear but he'll always talk

facing away from you.  :)

If Revan does appear, then he/she will mostlikely wear a mask. Unless u are given the avitars to choose from.

revan died in an uncharted black hole.......

Or got lost exploring a unstable wormhole.

Or he catapulted 70,000 lightyears in a matter of seconds and ended up in another galaxy.

Or he catapulted 70,000 lightyears in a matter of seconds and ended up in another galaxy.

70,000 lightyears is too short of distance to make it to another galaxy. heck our galaxy is only around 75,000 - 80,000 lightyears from end to end, and the nearest galaxy to us is something like 300,000+ lightyears away from us.

But back on topic:

I think it would be too difficult for them to have revan show up, as it has been said before revan never really had a voice other then to say "yeah" (or somthing like that). The only way I can see then having revan show up and talk would be if when your party splits off from you one of the NPCs meets revan and you take control of revan to answer their questions. You easily can get around the way revan looks by having him/her wear robes and a mask, But what about his/her equipment (colour of light saber, type of mask, type of robe, etc.). Don't get me wrong I would like to see revan and find out his side of the story as to what happenend but I just can't see it happening IMO anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

They will have come up with sumthing clever 2 incluce Revan in the game. My theory is that he/she if u were ls is that revan and bastilla dissapeared fightin the sith and it is part of the game 2 find out what happened 2 them.

Or if u were ds then bastilla and revan were overthrown and banished but u find them l8a in the game what do ppl think of that??

70,000 lightyears is too short of distance to make it to another galaxy. heck our galaxy is only around 75,000 - 80,000 lightyears from end to end, and the nearest galaxy to us is something like 300,000+ lightyears away from us.

The 70,000 lightyears was reference to Star Trek: Voyager. You really like spoiling all my jokes don't you! <_<

The 70,000 lightyears was reference to Star Trek: Voyager. You really like spoiling all my jokes don't you! <_<

thats were my answer comes from :) , I realized that when I read it, I just figured I would add a bit too, sorry I spoiled your fun ;)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I believe that we will see Revan. (Only in a cameo though) Why u ask?

Well, you served under him in the Mandalore Wars. Plus, at the start of the game your character wakes up (semi-concious) on the ebon hawk, Revans ship.

He may be the one who fills in what has happened in the time of your exile.

Also PLSPLSPLS DONT kill off Revan. I hav heard some say that they think Revan will be killed off. I'm begging u DONT kill off Revan. (Gets on knees and pleads with developers to not kill off Revan).

If u do i will go round to each of your houses with a torch and burn em down. (Just like a Fanactic)

Nah I'm just kidding. Keep up the good work devs. make this game a classic.

Supposedly it is guaranteed Revan will be in the game in some way, shape, or form. His importance is obviously unknown, but he's in for sure. I would suppose that you would be able to pick the fate that Revan ended up with.

My guess is that instead of directly asking what happened, I figure they would ask more subtlely.

hell make an apperence i know we'll decide what happened at the end of kotor 1 bu how will we decide what he/she looked like? maybe there will be questions like "i heard revan was black but he says asian what do you think?" stuff like that..................

on a different note i recon if you went lightside in kotor 1 and go dark in kotor2 revan bastilla will come to kill you,