What are you Playing Now? It's not how you play the game, it's how you place the blame

The Forgotten City. Replayed the beginning as a soldier (had a gun and 10 bullets), discovered that a. (most of) the NPC don't have their keys on them (e.g. Horatius, the Philosopher, Desius) and b. the bullets can stop the shooting golden statues. So still had fun with it, though would prefer to be able to get the keys.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 2

More Tales of Arise, and more surprises and plot twists 😄

After the defeat of fourth Renan Lord, Alphen got finaly rid of his mask. And ne strarted to remeber stuff again 👀

After that, the party shipwrecked at the last region of Dahna, which name I’ve already forgotten 🙈, and they are slowly moving forward toward the capital. The 5th world is the water element world. I started to feel lack of money for the first time in the game, but it is still manageable. I just have to cherry-pick which weapon to craft and which armour to buy. 

Getting more and more in love with the game, although it is one of the darkest games from Tales of… universe, which I’ve played so far.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

While I would have preferred to have 1 big vivarium for my beasts, rather than 3 separate ones, I was pleasantly surprised that they're all different. I fully expected the devs to just Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V 2 times, instead Avalanche are quality devs and they made each vivarium distinct.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm 25 hours into KC:D and Im loving it, some general comments

• the open world design reminds me of an Elder Scrolls game. If you see a building or mountain you can go and explore. I like how the quests are designed, some have a timer on acceptance but most you can do when you ready
  • The skills advancement system works nicely, I regularly go hunting to increase my agility or train with Captain Bernard to learn combat and increase my combat skills
  • I love the numerous activities like hunting, archery competitions  and the opportunity  to steal items
  • The economy is realistic and balanced, you really appreciate finding items on bandits and selling them to increase your wealth
  • I have never been so grateful to get a horse during the Ginger quest.
  • I really enjoy  the entire realistic implementation of a Medieval world, I love fantasy but its nice to see something different
  • I am enjoying the Romance arcs, I am courting Theresa and taking things slow. Its not  my normal hot Viconia with fishnet stockings and knee-high boots Romance but its worthwhile
  • I am getting more proficient in combat and thats always a good thing
  • Its as realistic as it can be without being having annoying mechanics, the weight system works when you can use your horse for storage

And I can  carry on with whats great about this game but I have covered the main points

I dont have any notable criticisms  , one minor thing is how animals dont run away from you   constantly even when you shooting arrows at them, they tend to stop so you can kill them. This makes hunting easy and unrealistic but I dont mind this 🥂

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been playing Hogwarts. Not gonna lie, I haven't had a game perform this bad on PC since Cyberpunk at release. On an RTX 3080ti. Fun game but not a great port. I Also found the (few) complaints about diversity in a game world that has instant tellaportation is kinda ridiculous.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Been playing Hogwarts. Not gonna lie, I haven't had a game perform this bad on PC since Cyberpunk at release. On an RTX 3080ti. 

Have you tried the Ascendio Mod?

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

I have not. I'll check it out when I get home.

I haven't tried that specifically but I think it's largely doing some of the UE4 Engine.ini tweaks I've done myself. Possibly more in-depth/more entries I'm sure. Works for many, but I think the reason some may not get the boost they're hoping for (read some of the comments on the mod) could be that such parameters may need more tweaking for their specific systems. Or some of the parameters used, on their systems shouldn't be applied, stuff like that. So if it doesn't work for some reason, could still try to look at/adjust some of those things.

I just did a few basic ones and got a lot of frame pacing improvement, maybe a small bit of fps gain/stability, and have left it at that. My only remaining issue is the game still sometimes likes to CTD (very randomly) maybe once every 2-3 hours ... or it doesn't for 6+ hours. Super random. lol.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I heard there's a reason - outside of Achievements - to at least play the beginning of the game again as a Hufflepuff. I may do that. Not the whole game, just up to a certain point.

It's a shame because I'd love more reason to replay/dwell in the created world, but there really isn't any, outside of self-imposed difficulty challenges. Not every game has to have major replayability, so it's fine, but when I like a game environment enough, I just wish there was a little more to do, to stay in it, is all. :) 

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finished all the Merlin Trials. There's a nice variety to them, but they're nowhere near challenging enough to be interesting. On the bright side, I have maximum inventory space now.

As an aside, my favorite of the bunch are the roll the boulder down the hill trials.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

the bunch are the roll the boulder down the hill trials.

Did you do the one where you had to shove it so it makes it over a cliff-gap into the bowl, or else it falls and rolls down a mile away into the beach. I attempted that one once, failed, said "Nope, not shoving it all the way back up to this cliffside" and haven't gone back to try it again. I thought there might be a Repairo for it but if there was I couldn't find/highlight it.

15 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Did you do the one where you had to shove it so it makes it over a cliff-gap into the bowl, or else it falls and rolls down a mile away into the beach. I attempted that one once, failed, said "Nope, not shoving it all the way back up to this cliffside" and haven't gone back to try it again. I thought there might be a Repairo for it but if there was I couldn't find/highlight it.

I mean I've completed all of them, so yes, though I do not recall what you wrote about. There's one in a village where you have to jump the boulder over a wall then get it across a bridge. That was fun. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

41 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I mean I've completed all of them, so yes, though I do not recall what you wrote about. There's one in a village where you have to jump the boulder over a wall then get it across a bridge. That was fun. 

Well, sometimes people mean "I did all the ones I need for max inventory" or they mean "I did every one for the 100% Achievement" etc. Never know, heh. I think I have 12-14 left on the map but they're largely so boring at this point I usually ignore/don't bother. Once in a while I'll try to do one or two at a time but often...not.

Anyway, it was this one, in the lower half of the world.  I didn't spend a lot of time on it or anything, just saw the obvious first attempt/failed and repairo didn't work on the wood rubble near that platform, and then said "nope." 😛

Edited by LadyCrimson

Not so much has played, as I'm curious if anyone here has played Atomic Heart? A soviet version of Fallout in an alternative 1955 scifi. Looks wacky in a fun way. I saw it on steam under new releases, caught my attention and I watched a few more trailers and gameplay videos on Youtube. Sorely tempted. Just a bit pricey.

Edit: The steam reviewers seems to agree on it's best to keep the original language with English subtitles as the dubbing is somewhat subpar (putting it nicely)

Edit2: and watch out for the horny fridge that tries to rape you at the start

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Not so much has played, as I'm curious if anyone here has played Atomic Heart? A soviet version of Fallout in an alternative 1955 scifi. Looks wacky in a fun way. I saw it on steam under new releases, caught my attention and I watched a few more trailers and gameplay videos on Youtube. Sorely tempted. Just a bit pricey.

Edit: The steam reviewers seems to agree on it's best to keep the original language with English subtitles as the dubbing is somewhat subpar (putting it nicely)

Edit2: and watch out for the horny fridge that tries to rape you at the start

It's a soviet version of Bioshock, there are even multiple references to it. If you liked bioshock you will like this, but maybe give it a little more time for all the bugs to be fixed.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Hit a wall in Chaos Gate Daemonhunters, unfortunately means I have to grind through these torturous, tedious missions.  Once again, not knowing what I'm doing has come to bite me in the ass. The boss fights were fun, I liked the fight where the boss regenerates, spawns adds the best.  The idea that the way we win the crusade was from a daemon mentioning Drago was a good bit of humour.

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Well, sometimes people mean "I did all the ones I need for max inventory" or they mean "I did every one for the 100% Achievement" etc. Never know, heh. I think I have 12-14 left on the map but they're largely so boring at this point I usually ignore/don't bother. Once in a while I'll try to do one or two at a time but often...not.

Anyway, it was this one, in the lower half of the world.  I didn't spend a lot of time on it or anything, just saw the obvious first attempt/failed and repairo didn't work on the wood rubble near that platform, and then said "nope." 😛

Okay, I guess I haven't done all of them. I stopped playing yesterday right after getting the notification that I met the requirements for the last Merlin challenge and I just assumed there were only enough trials to finish the Merlin challenge and get max inventory space.:blush:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^ Darn, I was hoping you could tell me there was a simple trick for it I didn't notice right away.  :lol:  Or maybe that one is designed to frustrate Achievement hunters. hehee. I think there's close to 100 total, something like that.

I enjoyed some of the Ancient Magic increase spots challenges a bit more.

I still haven't upgraded my broom even once. I always suck at driving/flying type stuff in games, I can't even smoothly/quickly pop the balloons and I figured I'd repeatedly fail any flying quest. It's fast enough, I don't need an upgrade. :shifty:

These Merlin challenges sound an awful lot like the Shrine challenges in Breath of the Wild, of which there were also 120 of IIRC and were used to upgrade health/stamina. They became extremely tedious fairly quickly as well, though not as bad as trying to find the 800 Korok seeds used to upgrade inventory slots.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

These Merlin challenges sound an awful lot like the Shrine challenges in Breath of the Wild, of which there were also 120 of IIRC and were used to upgrade health/stamina. They became extremely tedious fairly quickly as well, though not as bad as trying to find the 800 Korok seeds used to upgrade inventory slots.

The shrines in Breath of the Wild were more involved and took longer to solve too, but it is the same type of busywork.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

^ Darn, I was hoping you could tell me there was a simple trick for it I didn't notice right away.

Not specific to that particular trial, but, while the roll the boulder trials were clearly designed to be done with Depulso, you can also manipulate the boulders with Wingardium Levioso:

toBEAhk.jpg

I think doing the trials with Depulso is more fun, but Wingardium Levioso gives you much more control.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I finally beat persona 4 golden.  Was good...  the end of the game "that's not the real boss, THIS is the real boss, jk, this is actually the final boss.  And now for the real final boss" was definitely getting annoying.  Also I read that there is another TRUE final boss if you play new game plus... which I will not be doing.

Now I don't know what to play 😞.  Soul hackers 2 is on game pass but I'm not sure I can handle another atlas game at the moment

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

you can also manipulate the boulders with Wingardium Levioso:

Yeah I've heard that. Also that ... Accio? re: it using WL automatically if you hold it, worked too. But I wasn't able to do a thing with WL on them. I've seen others say the same...probably another one of those minor intermittent bugs.

I'm still waiting for a Rescue Biscuit fix that's not 3rd party save file editing. I would like to rescue Biscuit.  :(

I was in a mood for some Mass Effect yesterday and that led me to discovering several interesting things. Firstly is that EA's Origin is dead, long live EA app. Don't see what's the point other than uninstalling the corpse and installing new guy, because function still the same? Though wait no, because new app told me I didn't have DA:I and Andromeda uninstalled which I promptly rectified to great relief of my HD. 

Secondly, it appears that ME2 and 3's DLCs are now free. Great, Imma finally find out what that Citadel DLC is all about! ...hmmmmm, but to get to it I'll have to play some ME3, no way around it. 😬

Oh well. Maybe. One day. Totally. :yes:

• Like 2