There are several weapons / shields with very nice enchants that require antlers, but I have not seen anything drop them. Only place I know for sure that has any is the scripted encounter at Maukotu's Canopy outside Neketaka but it's a bit of a trek and still you only get 2, which is enough to enchant one item. Like Street Sweeper's prone on crit requires 2 antlers, ball and chain prone on crit requires an antler, outwork buckler symbol of courage requires an antler, some others I can't remember. 

I heard you could get them at ori o koiki vendor, but I've never seen her have any. 

i usually end up just spam resting in Cuitzli's exotic herbs shop (every 26 hours triggers a vendor refresh). I think antlers are a "Rare" ingredient, so it doesn't have a high chance of spawning, and if it does like maybe 1 pops up.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, thelee said:

i usually end up just spam resting in Cuitzli's exotic herbs shop (every 26 hours triggers a vendor refresh). I think antlers are a "Rare" ingredient, so it doesn't have a high chance of spawning, and if it does like maybe 1 pops up.

That's also what I do. I usually don't really rest though but simply use the waiting function.
This also works for Vithrak Brains and all the other creature parts.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 12/1/2022 at 7:10 PM, thelee said:

I did not know about this until very recently and I wish I'd known earlier. Probably put like 200 hours into this game without knowing that lol

Unfortunately every way to get antlers requires wasting at least a day. I guess the most reliable is the scripted encounter on Neketaka Island, plus you get a cool bow. 

I actually did see ONE antler at Cuitzli's in my latest run, first time in 900 hours of play lol

This mod was made to avoid exactly problems like this. It is a pointless exercise to make the player waste time until something restockable is in stock. Install it, and all restockables are available on Queen's Berth merchants.

It was preceded by this mod, which I think does the job in a worse way, but it seems to be more popular, perhaps because it only makes merchants sell more of what they sell by default, instead of making merchants sell new things just so I can say you can buy everything in Queen's Berth. Anyway, it doesn't have alphabetic ordering and the method used to fill their inventories causes the game to freeze a bit when you open trade, but I'm not up for fixing that. It's fixed for WB.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!