Anime and Manga - It's time for you to finish what you've started and watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

InsaneCommander

is it just becoming a meme show

i mean, it kind of already was for the first season, but it's sounding more so for the second

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Spy x Family 20 and 21

Pretty soon this show will be nothing but shocked faces. But for now I find myself enjoying it.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Continued from previous thread...

edit: Need suggestions for title text

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

"You have to break an egg if you are to know what is inside."

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

"Oh silly, only I can bend time"

"What a beautiful Duwang"

"We are the chick. The world is our egg."

"WRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

"I feel completely refreshed. Like I just put on fresh underwear on New Year's Day"

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

If we don't crack the world's shell, we will die without being born.

I am the one who reveals the end of the world.

29 minutes ago, majestic said:

utena-pt2-utena3-720x480.jpg

Directed by Quentin Tarantino?

• Haha 2

Watched Elfen Lied. First things first, it can't be that bad, since I watched all 13 episodes. But ... man... wtf is it with anime and young children adopting younger children so they can play parents? Is this some sort of grooming? Weird as hell to have those constant excuses for nekkid bewbs and bewb-touching as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, majestic said:

72ad45.jpg

Fi-UVADOVEAA-5wg.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Watched Elfen Lied. First things first, it can't be that bad, since I watched all 13 episodes. But ... man... wtf is it with anime and young children adopting younger children so they can play parents? Is this some sort of grooming? Weird as hell to have those constant excuses for nekkid bewbs and bewb-touching as well.

What anime are yall watching with that stuff? Maybe I need to watch more soft piano dramas.

The last one I remember was Sword Art Online. It had the same "children becoming parents"-thing and it was super cringe there as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• Gorth changed the title to Anime and Manga - fanservice, fanservice everywhere and not a character dramatization in sight!

I remembered something I read before I watched the first episode of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon a while back. Motoki is eventually going to propose to Makoto. Which I thought was a nice gesture by the writers (considering Makoto is the butt-monkey of the team way too often), but this Motoki is a total moron who is constantly duped into accepting the silly home made arcade passes by the girls, so I'm no longer sure it was that nice a gesture.

Man. I hope he gets something useful to do, or at least something to say that's not dumb. Sheesh, he just asked a turtle to go on a walk. :no:

Edit: Usagi has a pyjama party with Ami and Naru. Rei didn't want to come because she's Rei. Rei also had the good sense to tell Usagi that she should not force Ami to do things she does not want to do. In theory, this is a decent episode, but it's a bit too early. Ami being intentionally bad at school because she thinks that will make her more relatable to Usagi is pretty painful to see. It also shows the biggest downside of the series. It's live action, and no matter what you do, some things just do not work with actors, and Usagi's exaggerated mannerisms when talking to Naru are amongst them.

The girls do their best, but that is also somewhat limited. Well, so far the series was rather entertaining, but I hope the next character focus episode will be better. Also, just when I thought the episode is not going to follow THE Sailor Moon formula, Nephrite and Beryl show up.

Edit 2:

Here is an image of Rei making her psychotic killer face looking supportive at Ami:

kZQn3xX.png

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

E0xiQwH.png

In case you don't recognize them (and I am not going to blame you), these three are the guys that bully Usagi before Makoto shows up and gives them a well deserved smack down. The show accomplishes that by making her throw the basketball back at them so hard it turns into a CGI ball and the guy with the orange hat just keels over from the force of the impact. The others get an off-screen smackdown because, uh, the stuntwomen had a day off or there wasn't any budget left for them doing another scene where Makoto fights.

fv2tvon8pe331.jpg?auto=webp&s=f35d853df1

I get that you probably can't find a trio of super buff dudes in 2003's Japan for your shoe string budget show that will let themselves get beaten down by a girl on screen, but seriously, those three twits up there, that was the best you could do? :banana:

Edit: also probably unfair to complain about, but Makoto's actress isn't tall enough, but she looks the part better than I previously thought going simply from her in costume in the opening sequence. :yes:

eZavN11.png

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

Did it reset your progress so you can pretend you never watched it at least?

• Sad 1

Of course not, it immediately popped into my "continue watching" feed at exactly the moment where I left it off just to remind me. Not that I would have forgotten anyway, but sheesh. :p

• Sad 1

Bleach anime has started up again. I want to watch that train wreck of a last arc again. The sad thing is that once Kubo got a break and rested from that serialization, he came back with some excellent stories. Do wonder when he is going to start up serialization again.

• Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Bleach anime has started up again. I want to watch that train wreck of a last arc again. The sad thing is that once Kubo got a break and rested from that serialization, he came back with some excellent stories. Do wonder when he is going to start up serialization again.

What? I feel like people wanted me to watch Bleach two decades ago and I said that they should keep their filler-ridden shounen stuff until it is done and I can figure out if I really want to go anywhere near it, and it's still going? Or... getting new episodes?

Oh boy, that is one minefield I avoided. Phew!

Chainsaw Man 8

We find out what happened at the end of the previous episode.

Denji.png

Spoiler

Spoilers!

Spoiler

Well, nothing happens. Denji wants his first time to be with Makima. That means Himeno won’t go to jail for doing it with a minor. However, considering what happens later, she might have been better off in jail.

Edit: btw, this was another hell of an episode!

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg