Questions on unresolved plot points (spoilers!!!)

1. This was addressed if you dug into his story more.  You only knew about the scars from the doctor, right?  Well 

Spoiler

The adult Martin is not really Martin.  It was his highwayman partner who took his place after Martin died while out being a bandit.  The family is aware and does not want the town to know.

2. I figured it was Father Thomas just dressed as a ghost.

3. See #3

I have my own questions!  Sorry to hijack.  Well, just 1...

In my story Ursula was burned at the stake at the end mural.  Why?  I never even talked to her except for in group dialogs, and she didn't seem heretical.  That other guy w/ Smokey was also burned, and that makes more sense.  But why Ursula?

I didn't get that either - I think it was just a coincidence. Maybe two crooks who meeting each other and look alike would make a joke out of it and team up? Adopt a cool bandit gang name about being twins?

I told Ursula stories and encouraged her to learn about the old tales, so it made sense to me that she was burned (😭). But if you barely spoke to her, that's odd.

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2022 at 9:38 PM, CM Cheese ZA said:

In my story Ursula was burned at the stake at the end mural.  Why?  I never even talked to her except for in group dialogs, and she didn't seem heretical.  That other guy w/ Smokey was also burned, and that makes more sense.  But why Ursula?

In act3 in my playthrough when learning early origins of the town if you talk to Ill Pete, he directed me to Ursula - he told her a lot of the stories and his memory is fading, so he suggest she might know a lot. She knows a lot about old ways. You can warn her to be careful whom she shares it with, but I think it is also mentioned that if you include pogan imagery on the mural, it might bring attention of the inquisition.

My choice was to warn Ursula, and keep the first mural very tame precisely as I was worried about her being found out - I am not sure which one prevents her execution. In my playthrough only Vácslav was burned, which I found odd, as I thought it was he who was driving the cart with flower and Magda - but maybe I am just racists.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:30 AM, Ariamis said:

Oh, and for #2, I think it was Sister Amalie. She seems more agile than Father Thomas, and she mentioned being good at squeezing through tight gaps. So he tricked her into delivering the "prophecy" notes as well as writing them.

Yes, that's correct.

As to point3 - I thought Father killed directly

the old abbot and the printer

while other murders were by proxy - string pulling. Making one of our suspects an actual murderers, though manipulated by F.T.

• Like 1