I'm looking for some help in utilizing a few subclasses that I've yet to play with.  In case it matters, I plan to play with the community patch and BPM installed. 

I plan to have my MC be a Bleakwalker.  I haven't done a cruel/aggressive type of playthrough before so I wanted to give it a try (as opposed to my usual good guy playthroughs).  I'm thinking he will be an offensive focused Paladin rather than a tank or healer and I've heard that a Bleakwalker's Flames of Devotion hits hard.  However, I've never been a huge fan of the Paladin's PL8/9 spells so I'm thinking I'd like to multiclass him with... something.  I'm not sure what, though.  I think I've read in the past that Bleakwalker/Assassin works well and seems somewhat thematic.  Does anyone know of other recommendations for multiclass and does anyone know of items that are good to build around for an offensive Bleakwalker?

Next, I plan to mod a companion or sidekick into a Tactician.  Again, I think a multiclass would be nice here in order to give this character a built-in way to flank/interrupt enemies to trigger the Tactician bonuses.  I know I could have other party members cover flanking but I like the idea of the character being somewhat self sufficient I guess?  I'm leaning toward this character being a tank/support.  I think a Cipher could be a good choice (lots of spells that can cause flanking and some interrupt spells too).  I imagine multiclassing to Wizard could work as well?  I think my plan would be to spam Clear Out with all the extra discipline I'd be generating?

I've played a Bellower before but I don't think I really used it to its fullest so I wanted to try one again.  I often feel like Chanters NEED to be multiclassed because otherwise they end up auto attacking between invocations.  Better to multiclass and use that action economy for something better.  However, a Bellower in particular is all about PL and multiclassing means your PL will always be lower than if you'd gone SC so I'm not sure.  If I did multiclass I'm not sure what to go with- is there a multiclass that would build on the power level theme or that works well?

Mageslayer is next.  I'll be using BPM which I believe made Mageslayer stronger.  I'm tempted to go SC as I think high level Barb skills are worthwhile.  He would be the caster killer of course and seems pretty straightforward?  Dual wielding for more interrupt stacks I assume?

I also want to use a Priest of Skaen and would prefer SC to get those PL8/9 Skaen abilities.  Skaen seems like it pushes you toward being a semi Rogue so I imagine he'd spend some time buffing and then killing.

I'm interested in Bloodmage.  My impression, though, is that their abilities are mostly suited toward long boss fights and for most encounters you really don't need those extra spells.  BPM has potions of enlightenment so maybe it kind of makes Bloodmage less relevant?

Last, I've always been interested in making Debonaire work but every time I've tried it just seems so clunky.  Is that subclass just too wonky to use effectively?

Any help would be appreciated!  I've been searching for past posts on these subclasses and have found some discussion but often from a long time ago (other than recent posts on a solo Bloodmage build ).

16 minutes ago, crdvis16 said:

Mageslayer is next.

For Mageslayer, you can take into account 2 things :

• Once you get Effort, every crit from any source you score from your Mageslayer cause Spell Disruption on targets.
  • The war bow Frostseeker trigger on crit an effect (the AoE) that cause Spell Disruption on the target too.

My testing-Arcane Archer /Mage Slayer was really amazing for this role, auto-attacking and launching Eora-Web imbue with Frosteeker and switching to Effort during some pulses from the imbued spells to silence a lot of enemies. Very strong, very fast, and very impactful character.

I've always found it odd how effects from weapons can count as "weapon attacks".  It seems to open up a lot of crazy results.

MCing Mageslayer with Arcane Archer seems inconsistent in terms of theme (mageslayers are supposed to hate magic and all that) but that does sound like a crazy combo.

Just now, Kaylon said:

Bleakwalker/assassin is nice for big strikes from stealth/invisibility, but in a party it has limited utility. A better choice would be steel garrote/trickster which has much better versatility and survivability as a melee damage dealer.

I've played Assassin before and had some fun with it.  Steel Garrote is another subclass I haven't played but I thematically don't really like being a Woedica henchman haha.  Trickster seems to be so good pairing with almost any melee damage dealer.

15 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

If you want to go with bleakwalker, you might consider a bleakwalker/shifter, and go with the lightning wild strike attack. That way you'll have crazy lashes when using FoD while shifted.

I modded a companion (I think Konstanten) into a Shifter/Monk last playthrough that did something similar.  Monk has all those active attack buffs (including a few lashes) that stacked with the Shifter's and it felt quite potent and the animal forms can use the Monk active abilities to knock back, etc.

So far I'm leaning toward:

Main = Bleakwalker/Bellower.  I don't know that there is any special synergy here but it's two subclasses that I'd prefer to multiclass so may as well combine them.  He'd be a front line DPSer with chants tailored to his benefit and occassional big invocation casts.  Maybe some healing too.

Eder = Tactician/Cipher.  Totally not in line with his personality but so it goes.  Cipher should help trigger Tactician bonuses and the Tactician side would probably focus on controlling enemies with clear out, etc.  Built as the tank and support.

Xoti = Skaen.  I'll pretend her Gaun worship is leading her down a dark path that ultimately turns her to Skaen (will encourage her darker character arc).  She'll buff and then attack weaker enemies along with some healing.

Aloth = Bloodmage.  Nothing special but will make him feel a bit darker to go along with my dark playthrough.

Serafen = Mageslayer going after the enemy backline casters.

I'll cover healing by committee (a little from my main character, Eder's cipher side, and Xoti's Skaen).  Will have lots of interrupts from Mageslayer and Cipher.  Certainly not some optimized lineup but should do well enough.