Please make chest icon only visible standing by the chest

My apologies. I wasn't super clear. My bad. When you hit the d pad to the right (I think, since it's a customizable button option) you get the toggle option to "show" or "hide" the icons on your map. This means Yours, the way points, the field stations, the location icons, ect.

Thus, they don't show at all, when off, or show up when on. I think with the map acreen, you can cycle through the different options, but I'm not sure if you can turn off a specific category  or not. 

Hope that helps. I just use words, personally. Ex: "Upgrade resources" on one, "resources" on another, bug parts chest, food chest, ect.

I tried using different colors of icons, but that just looked cluttered and chaotic.

My apologies. I wasn't super clear. My bad. When you hit the d pad to the right (I think, since it's a customizable button option) you get the toggle option to "show" or "hide" the icons on your map. This means Yours, the way points, the field stations, the location icons, ect.

Thus, they don't show at all, when off, or show up when on. I think with the map acreen, you can cycle through the different options, but I'm not sure if you can turn off a specific category  or not. 

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.

I think iMiAMi2014 is right, I am not concerned about the map, I am concerned in game. I have a warehouse where I have a middle wall and from both sides a have shelves with chests. If I stay in front of one chest, I can see all the icons from the other chest behind the wall as well. This is so annoying because it is harder than to find the right chest. I know I can use text label but why having icons then. I still could not replicate what said above, I can not turn off the chest icons on the map, i can not even see the chest icns on the map.

Thanks 

Would it be too much to ask for the 'ghost' icon over the bed to be toggled off as well. It shows up through walls, floors, ceiling, etc. Maybe it could show up when you first set your spawn point, then fade away, with the option to toggle it on if you need to check.   And I agree, icons should never show up through walls/floors/ceilings. Placed a frame picture on the wall the other day and couldn't even enjoy it because three chest icons showed right through it and the wall.  Warehouse or lovely home, it is still an eye sore.🥴

I've also made it a habit to never label a trail marker. Yes, there is an option to toggle them off.....but EVERY time you start the game or reload? They're back. Would be nice to toggle them off and never see them again until you actually need them. Just a thought. 😉