Quest to Seal Haze

It would be nice if there was a quest in the quest rotation to seal the haze, if it's not sealed, to nudge players in that direction. My partner and I didn't realize it was an option - we made it all the way to finding the burrs in the flower pot on the shed porch, wondered where to find more, and ended up Googling it. There's not really any obvious hints that sealing the Haze is how you get burr weeds, or even any hints that it's possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not just about sealing haze. The game has a huge number of secrets, for which there are no hints (keys to chests, conditions for opening locked doors, trinkets, etc.). You can only find them by chance or with the help of Google. But the game has a lot of notes and audio recordings, which are great not only for immersion in the game world, but also as a source of such tips. Or as an option - additional functions of the SCA.B (similar to the search for molars).

I do love the number of secrets, and I love how the game doesn't hold you hand for most of them. That's definitely something I really enjoy.

But sealing the Haze feels less like a secret and more like an intended part of progression? It feels like we have missed the "intended" path of the game by not realizing until so late.

My issue is, once you seal the canister, they "said" the infected bugs "wandered". They DID NOT tell us the infections actually SPREAD!! I know I currently have at least THREE of the infected wolf spiders running around trying to kill me, and they re-spawn as infected. I'm not even slightly arachnophobic, but the "infected" wolf spiders absolutely TERRIFY me, even at 43 years old.

the ability to seal the haze seems like an unannounced choice, because it has a larger impact on the environment.  I do wish there was some sort of warning or info about what would happen if you seal the haze.  Haven't seen anything suggesting there is, although I acknowledge there might of been a mention in the lore material I've ignored so far).

No, I am pretty sure they do not mention anything about sealing the haze, anywhere, in game.

The lore talks about the Haze lab, and the explosions/infestation that caused him to abandon the facility, and mentions how bad he feels for the infected, but the canister leakage doesn't appear to be something he knows about, at least according to all of the tapes and files I have found, in game.

But those Infected Wolf Spiders! Ugh. They are just brutal, tough as hell, and VERY nasty. They have absolutely NO mercy. They will jump halfway across the map to land on your head, and eat you!

So, DEVS: stop nerfing ALL the BEST weapons, PLEASE!!!  I really,, SERIOUSLY need them if I have ANY chance of killing those undead looking jerks.

There is a quest to put a marker on top of the gas tank. But it is up to the player to walk close enough to the puncture in the tank to get the prompt that let's you know it can be plugged. Personally I don't want quests for everything. I like surprises. I wish they had not included burgle chip icons on the map. Having to find (stumble across) the bases was far more interesting in early access.  I can understand your frustration with the burrs though. I too ended up googling their respawn rate initially and discovering they were locked unless you plugged the haze. I hate dealing with infected everywhere so I typically won't block it till very late game. 

In all honesty, I disagree. I would hate for the game to push people to take that option not letting them know the infected would spread out after sealing. You only need to go there for like 2 reasons, the lab which once you are in you don’t need your gas mask, you can tell because your gas durability bar at the top goes away. Or to get fungus for bombs which you don’t need to go in too far to get.

• 5 weeks later...