Avowed blurry screenshot leak

Wormerine

I understand that this is a shot from VERY early in the development. Honestly that makes sense to me. It kinda looks like the ground level loading screen shots you would see in Pillars 1. Probably using assets they already have to blockout the world map.

image.png.1789583b88d09da9259801cdab051102.png

I have to wonder if they will have an open world like an Elder Scrolls game or if they will stick with the smaller hub based areas as they had in Outer Worlds and the Pillars games.

Edited by UrbaNebula

21 hours ago, UrbaNebula said:

I understand that this is a shot from VERY early in the development. Honestly that makes sense to me. It kinda looks like the ground level loading screen shots you would see in Pillars 1. Probably using assets they already have to blockout the world map.

It is from pre-alpha build that was shared as a preview with some selected outlets. I believe the author of the article below confirmed that the screenshot is from the build he have seen almost a year ago. So it is definitely not representative of current state, and it's difficult to guess how much the direction could have change with changes in the projects leadership. Still nice to at least take a look at something.
https://www.windowscentral.com/details-xbox-exclusive-avowed-obsidian-outer-worlds-meets-medieval-fantasy

My guess would be that it was some form of vertical slice - it's been already in development for some time, so I am sure the art team has been exploring the look of the game. Assets must have been made for Avowed itself, with PoE1 don't being a 3d game and working in a different engine.