Addition to the "Hot Deposit to Nearby Storage" feature

I'm sure we all appreciate that we can quickly enter our chest rooms and hit 'n' to quicky dump everything from our inventory into their respective chests. However, the player may not want certain items to be deposited along with the rest of their inventory (arrows, smoothies, torches, food, etc.). The solution to this problem would be to add a togglable switch to a given chest's GUI that disallows items from being deposited into it. The feature would be opt-in, so the player would have to physically toggle the chest they would like to no longer be in the pool of chests that is accessable by hot deposit to nearby storage. The current solution to this problem is to move said chests farther away from the range of the hot deposit. However, I enjoy the luxury of a central storage area with quick access to anything that I may need, and find myself annoyed by having my necessities be deposited along with my materials.

I still think a chest toggle is better, an inventory wide blacklist for every item (game has hundreds of items) you don't want to be hot-deposited sounds overly complex. Most people have their storage rooms sorted already, and the hot deposit feature takes advantage of this by only depositing items into chests that contain matching items already. 

So you pin arrows, or smoothies, or food, then use them all. Since the item is no longer in your inventory, the pin disappears. Constantly reapplying pins sounds like more work than just toggling off a chest no? Unless there exists some middle ground between the two.

9 hours ago, Bravenheart said:

So you pin arrows, or smoothies, or food, then use them all. Since the item is no longer in your inventory, the pin disappears. Constantly reapplying pins sounds like more work than just toggling off a chest no? Unless there exists some middle ground between the two.

Even better - reserve a slot for item and do not deposit it.

I hate when i use shield and weapon, loot something and then cannot quick switch to crossbow, because there is no room to return shield/weapon/torch to inventory.

• Like 1

I personally think being able to lock items to a specific inventory slot is better.  And thus those items would not hot deposit.
Locking chests seems counter intuitive to me.   What if I have chests that share more than one item.  In your example you use smoothies or meals. But say that my chest has apple bits in it along with the smoothie and meals. And I still want the apple bits deposited.
But since the chest is locked I can now not hot deposit them.   But if in my inventory I simply locked my food and smoothie, but my apple bits were not locked, they could then still deposit.