thoughts on pets

I would love to have a pet, but pets die too easily. Especially the weevil, the tamed weevil will still be actively attacked by the ants. Also the pet is always stuck with something, maybe imitating the design of other games, teleporting the pet to nearby when it's too far from the player. Moreover, the introduction of the pet system is too little. I've been playing for 80 hours and still don't know what affects the mood and personality of pets. Is petting my pet just an action or something else. The current pet system is a semi-finished product

Totally agree with the pet getting stuck... Was an issue before release and was never fixed. I think the petting helps to improve your pets mood if you keep up on it, like pet it once a day. For instance, I went without petting my aphid for a while, it went from happy to meh, started petting it every so often, the mood improved. Also, it was stuck under water so I was going to remove its gear and see if it would just die. Noticed that reduced the mood as well, so it seems having gear on the pet affects moods also (didn't die in the water, just stays stuck there). The entire pet thing seems like more of just a pain right now honestly until they improve the system.