Massively Multiplayer

I wonder do you think they could prehaps take the Kotor style into a Massively Multiplayer online game, like Galaxies. I know they will have to change alot of things, but do you think it could possibly work?

Isn't this exactly what Galaxies is? The KOTOR game series, IMO, wouldn't translate well to MMO.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it would suck, but thats just my opinion.happy.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

The thing about KoTOR, and most standard CRPGs, is that the focus of the plot is the main character, played by a single person. When you involve more people, and they have very little to do with the plot and basically serve as combat support, it tends to get boring.

Unfortunately, a good plot line like KoTOR would not make a good MMORPG, because of that. After all, how many Chosen Ones can one Galaxy have?

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

That's just it. So many people would be doing the same quests, what would be the point of it being an MMORPG?

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure, I'm thirsty after saving the Galaxy."

"YOU saved the Galaxy? What did YOU do?"

"I killed the Sith Lord (Insert Name) today."

"So did I!"

*sigh*

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Sounds fun, just like Runescape

"What did you did today"

"I killed that unkillable dragon today"

"me too"

"this sucks"

"thats what free gets you"

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

That's just it.  So many people would be doing the same quests, what would be the point of it being an MMORPG?

"Hey, can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure, I'm thirsty after saving the Galaxy."

"YOU saved the Galaxy?  What did YOU do?"

"I killed the Sith Lord (Insert Name) today."

"So did I!"

*sigh*

Sounds fun, just like Runescape

"What did you did today"

"I killed that unkillable dragon today"

"me too"

"this sucks"

"thats what free gets you"

Funniest things I've read all week. :) Funny, yet true.

i guess that's the way most (99%) mmorpg go... actually, unless i find some full-rpg server (where xp is gained by ROLEPLAYING, and mobbing is utterly dangerous, and death is quite often permanent), i never play mmorpg's, because in the end they all get down to kill/craft until you reach top level, then you create another pc. that's why i'm not into swg. it came too late, i already had been disappointed by too many mmorpg's to pick the genre up again and try another one. moreover, it's too expensive for a ronin student mercenary like i am.

Ive only ever played one MMORPG and that was everquest and I found it rather s%$* for the money I payed for it! The graphics were crap, the people were very very ignorant, like ignoring my entire existence in the game when I came across someone and said something as nasty, off the wall and horrible as "hello" :angry:

OK not all the people in that game would have been like that but needless to stay I didnt stay around long enough to find out <_<

My point is MMORPG's are all well and good for people who like them, but dont morph my fav game of all time into something it isnt!! Fine if a KotOR MMORPG is brought out, I just wont buy it, but dont twist the already superb game franchise we already have now that is KotOR into something it isnt and alienate the fans who have put it where it is today!

Hmmm... I'm saying the style of play, like the interfaces and the way the game plays not the story. KOTOR was the first real RPG I've have played. I'm just learning my one computer can play decent games and after I do a few things with it I'm thinking of getting into a mmorpg. So if they had one like KOTOR I'd know a little more than if I picked up EverQuest2 or something.

Evolutionary Development