Face and Cloth Editor in KOTOR 2

Hello everyone! I don't know if someone raised that issue before, but I feel that in

KOTOR we had relatively small choice of faces and clothes. It was annoying to

me that I couldn't choose face and garment as I please and I have only those few

that developers gave me. I think that it would be nice, if in KOTOR 2 we could

project face and clothes of our hero in really wide sense (of course you could still

choose those prepared by developers). What do you think? Personally I think that in RPG there is always place for new options and more free choice you have (not only in storyline) the better RPG is.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Keep in mind that the 'few' faces we had to choose from were animated. And that in the sequel they plan to animate them even further. If you had your own face animator you'd have the lovely challenge of having to fit the new 'faces'/heads to more than likely override an existing one.

Personally although I didn't find the 'perfect' face for my in game persona, I was satisfied with what I had to choose from when I realized they were so much more animated than what I had in say NWN. To put it in a Biowaresque phrase...I'd prefer they focus their zots elsewhere, but that's just me :)

The faces aren't too big a deal for me. The selection was mediocre but doable and the developers have already said they're going to add new faces. The helmets and masks could use a larger quantity but unlike a lot of people I wasn't that unimpressed with the look. The head band things look pretty gay but the actual masks(especially the sith mask and vaccum one you get at the end) were really cool to me.

But those Jedi Robes have got the f***ing change. And I mean this in all seriousness. I'm going to know very soon if I'm going to be able to appreciate the upgrades in KOTOR2. Cause I swear to god if I have t see one more skin tight piece of cloth wrapped around my Jedi i'm going to puke. Please let this be upgraded in the next game because it is seriously in need of it.

-Samori

Is this the queer eye for the Jedi thread? :huh:

Don't mind me continue you're Jedi fashion debate.

Cheers!

Your comments me nothing to me! You're an insignificant SPECKKKKK beneath my gaze! I have accomplished what you cannot and become what you never were! Do you think I want to play another KOTOR game with more hoochie robes around my male Jedi?! I would rather DIEEEEEE!! :ph34r:

-Samori

Is this the queer eye for the Jedi thread?  :huh:

Cheers!

Your comments me nothing to me! You're an insignificant SPECKKKKK beneath my gaze! I have accomplished what you cannot and become what you never were! Do you think I want to play another KOTOR game with more hoochie robes around my male Jedi?! I would rather DIEEEEEE!! :ph34r:

-Samori

Someone needs to get a life...literally. You scare me so much with your fanaticism, that I want to vomit...literally. You would die than put clothes on your jedi character, which scares me deeply...literally. This is all a joke...literally.

Is this the queer eye for the Jedi thread?  :huh:

Cheers!

-Samori

Calm down, they have better robes. I would like to see full helmets though. Instead of just masks and visors.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

*cough*modtools*cough*

Seriously merentha are you really suggesting we all settle for less?

Unless you wanted to make your animations making a face work with the existing animations is about the same difficulty as it would be if the faces had pac man animations. And anyway he wouldn't necessarily have to make his own face from scratch he could just reskin one of the in-game or user-made faces. In any case more faces is not a bad thing, user-made or not. And learning who to animate isn't all that bad an idea either.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Geez ...

Remenber Malek little speech before setting those s***ty droids on Revan in the Star Forge?

Apparently none of them do. I was just joking around. Although in all seriousness I do hope there is a better selection of robes and armor. :ph34r:

-Samori

Geez ...

Remenber Malek little speech before setting those s***ty droids on Revan in the Star Forge?

Apparently none of them do. I was just joking around. Although in all seriousness I do hope there is a better selection of robes and armor. :ph34r:

-Samori

I hope there is Jedi/Sith Armor that does not restrict force powers.

*cough*modtools*cough*

Seriously merentha are you really suggesting we all settle for less?

Unless you wanted to make your animations making a face work with the existing animations is about the same difficulty as it would be if the faces had pac man animations. And anyway he wouldn't necessarily have to make his own face from scratch he could just reskin one of the in-game or user-made faces. In any case more faces is not a bad thing, user-made or not. And learning who to animate isn't all that bad an idea either.

*sigh* You are correct I do not want to settle for less. I personally think the face/heads issue is negligible. I'd trade all the extra heads in for just another hour or two of playability. After all we spend so little time looking at our character's face in the game I worry so little about it. We see his face during dialogs, yes? But I read quickly and decide almost as quickly so I don't spend much time staring into my toon's eyes :) I'd rather they focus on the NPCs, story and things of that nature. Not to mention if you notice I raised no objection to the original poster's comments on cloth editing....it'd be nice to get a bit more color variations to what is worn out there..it's a big galaxy..I'm sure people don't match :) Maybe something simple like the ability to change the color scheme of our outfits similar to a dye kit in NWN, but not as detailed necessarily. But something along the lines of chaning the light brown of the combat armors to grey or blue or black for example...I imagine it's simpler and will give plenty of diversity for those of us who's vast majority of the time is seeing the backside of our toon's as we run around the worlds!

But that's just me.

Hello everyone! I don't know if someone raised that issue before, but I feel that in

KOTOR we had relatively small choice of faces and clothes. It was annoying to

me that I couldn't choose face and garment as I please and I have only those few

that developers gave me. I think that it would be nice, if in KOTOR 2 we could

project face and clothes of our hero in really wide sense (of course you could still

choose those prepared by developers). What do you think? Personally I think that in RPG there is always place for new options and more free choice you have (not only in storyline) the better RPG is.

I 100% agree with you.

Way too much work for the devs.

TripleRRR

New clothes?!!! Way too much work?!!! Bulls***!! Last time I was joking but now I'm serious. There's no reason to have those same old tired threads. It's not too much effort. If it's too much effort to not recycle threads from a previous game and create new ones then hell what's the point of creating a new game in the first place? Exactly! There is none! If I don't at the very least see new clothes within the first twent minutes I'll....I'll....I'll...*sigh*...continue playing. But it still would be nice to have some new threads.

-Samori

Did we have several other threads about the same subject?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The voice acting was actually pretty good in KOTOR so I just listened to the dialogue. The face is the most important part of any character. Even more so in KOTOR as you watch the dark side consume you.

You know what, how about we compromise, the devs can make beautifuly rendered models that can act as well as the voices for those that appreciate those sorts of things. And for you the can make your head a stick with either a smiley face or a frowny face for your 'toon'.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I don't think we need a full tool-set. The devs listed some great reasons for not releasing said tool-set.

However, releasing the model format so people can craft new models would be great. We can make new clothes and aliens all day long. And the devs only have to worry about major features.

We all win.

New clothes?!!! Way too much work?!!! Bulls***!! Last time I was joking but now I'm serious. There's no reason to have those same old tired threads. It's not too much effort. If it's too much effort to not recycle threads from a previous game and create new ones then hell what's the point of creating a new game in the first place? Exactly! There is none! If I don't at the very least see new clothes within the first twent minutes I'll....I'll....I'll...*sigh*...continue playing. But it still would be nice to have some new threads.

-Samori

The guy is not asking for new clothes, or even new faces, he is asking for a user editor to make new clothes and faces, that would be too much trouble for the developers to create.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

-Samori

The guy is not asking for new clothes, or even new faces, he is asking for a user editor to make new clothes and faces, that would be too much trouble for the developers to create.

TripleRRR

I agree with you. Great signature! :lol:

-Samori

TripleRRR

Read that again. I'm less than impressed with your signature. I don't do smilies...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I think that "rule" is BS. It's a rumor started on the Bioware boards.

Other LucasArts games have modding tools. Akari went on record of saying once on this forum that if they were able to, they would release the model format. When asked directly, the devs gave some great reasons why they're not releasing tool sets. The data formats change frequently during the development process. Not all the coding is perfectly notated.

Games are either designed from the get-go to work with an editor, or not. And while a full tool-set won't be released, I think they should release the model format post-launch.