[Spoilers] New _ _ _ Bugs Ruining Base-Building Fun

(..Still doing it, seems to be when I insert a break line to separate paragraphs? Why no edit button?)
I've been playing with some friends in survival, building bases and having a lot of fun, but we progressed the story and now these ORC bugs won't leave us alone. We finished the story so far and there doesn't seem to be a way to make them stop indefinitely. Their aggro range is huge and they manage to find me through base walls or up heights where other bugs can't. 
I was enjoying being creative while also having a little survival challenge and having to collect materials - and spiders were enough challenge/stress for me. Now with ORC bugs knocking down my walls and constantly harassing me I'm not finding it fun anymore, and would like a way to make them stop permanently. 
We don't have an earlier save. Currently I do not want to start another playthrough or change settings, and would like to continue with what I was achieving before the ORC bugs became a nuisance.
Interested to know if the O.R.C bugs not stopping is deliberate, and if anyone else feels they are just too much of a pest?
(Unfortunately I see this is a forum for 'Game Preview/Early Access' feedback and suggestions, however I cannot find where to submit feedback otherwise. If anybody knows where to do this now that the full game has been released please share.)

• Thanks 1

Hey Elthyx,

I'm sorry you're running into this trouble in Grounded and on the Forums.

Regarding the issue in Grounded, from what I've been told, there should be a set number of O.R.C. insects that spawn that need to be killed.  If you continue to see them spawning in the yard even after killing them, then we may have a bug on our hands for the Grounded team to look into.

As for the forum post, we haven't quite figured the issue out yet as we haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our side to be able to get a fix in, but we are still looking into it.  I hope to have a fix for that soon.  Regarding editing, sorry for the lack of that on new accounts.  We had an issue with new accounts being made to look normal that would then be edited to be malicious or spam to get by our spam filter.  After making I think five or so posts, the moderators update initiate accounts to member accounts where editing privileges are given.

Thank you for reporting both of these issues to us and I hope we can get them resolved soon so you can better enjoy both your Grounded and Forum experiences!

-SChin

I thought I'd add my experience with this:

O.R.C. bugs do not seem to stop coming. They seem to respawn as regularly as any other bugs in the game. Case in point: there is always an O.R.C. bombardier and two fire ants near the embiggening platform for me. I just assumed they were a regular spawn. If they're intended to be a one-time challenge only that then stops... then there's certainly a bug happening.

I have NOT had them attack my base, though. They seem to spawn in specific locations, like the aforementioned embiggening platform, and don't really deviate from those areas. Maybe OP's base happens to be built in one of those spots?

• Like 1

Thanks SChin! (Trying out the double line break again now 🤞...)

Regarding the O.R.C insects, to clarify - do you mean:
1) There is a finite number of O.R.C. insects which spawn all over the yard once, and when they are killed they are gone forever?
or
2) There is a finite number that are supposed to spawn in specific locations, and once they are killed there should be no more, until there is a reset. The same as how normal bugs have their regular spawn locations and respawn after several sleeps?

It's not that we are killing one insect and another immediately spawns. We just expected the O.R.C. insects to stop spawning altogether at a certain point in the story.

Thanks Knight9910 for confirming it's not just our game! It's more that they are very good at finding me up in my base, and in trying to attack me, my base takes the brunt 😅. This particular base is East of the tree, on the wooden mini-fence posts south of the pond. 

• Like 1

Hey folks!

Looks like the line break is working properly now.  Still not quite sure what was causing the issue, but it's good to see you were able to post properly.

As for the issue with the O.R.C. insects, I was told there are a finite number that spawn in the yard and are gone forever.  I mentioned this issue to the Support team and they are interested in getting some data so they can try to get a fix in for this.  Would one (or both) of you mind letting them know through our the Contact Us link in the Support tab of the Grounded site?  They're hoping to be able to be able to get any information you folks might have that can help them reproduce the issue and get a fix in.  If you are playing on PC, a save file would be extremely helpful to them :)

Thanks again for all the help with this spawning issue!

-SChin

21 hours ago, Elthyx said:

Thanks Knight9910 for confirming it's not just our game! It's more that they are very good at finding me up in my base, and in trying to attack me, my base takes the brunt 😅. This particular base is East of the tree, on the wooden mini-fence posts south of the pond. 

Can confirm, I'm getting O.R.C. bugs spawning in that spot too. One bombardier and two fire ants.

EDIT: And an Orb Weaver Jr.

I'll go ahead and file a support ticket.

Edited by Knight9910
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have a base next to the mysterious machine. But have a huge double layer mushroom wall around my compound. Between the mysterious machine and the closest tripod leg, two fire ants, Bombardier and orb Jr spawn.

My water base at the flower bed east spawns the same .

Lucky the main base they do not affect  me as the wall is a fair distance from the house but, the water base they will occasionally see me thru the palisade walls.

• 5 months later...