Looking for advice on mid-late game improvements for MC build

I'm running an arcane archer/bleak walker using spearcaster as my main weapon and watershaper's focus being passed between me and fish boy whenever I'm fighting something immune to pierce, going for massive acc bonus stacking. currently my MC is hitting a max of around 110 acc at lvl 8 with spear caster at superb. I'm using thaos's headdress, ring of focused flame, maia's armor, and a pet that reduces armor cooldown penalty. struggling to find any major ways to improve the build at this point in terms of gear. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Like 1

Not gear, but the biggest impact would have a Chanter in the party with Sura-Handed Ila. It will add 20% recovery bonus AND 20% reload bonus for the arbalest (yes, both things from that one phrase will stack for reloading weapons).
This makes a huge difference in reloading speed. A friendly Troubadour (or another chanter with really high INT) could even run Sure-Handed Ila and Aefyllath with no gap for you, which would be the perfect chant setup. Aefyllath stacks with Eternal Devotion (or Shared Flames).

Gear:

• Acina's Tricorn imo is the best headgear for reloading weapons. It's easy and early to get.
  • Ring of the Marksman is also very good for you and is also easy and early to get.
  • You will crit a lot, so the Necklace of the Harvest Moon might be interesting to you (also easy to get /early item).
  • Aegor's Swift Touch for the hands
  • Sash of Judgment for the waist

The first two are most impactful I think.

A thing about any arbalest: When stacking eough reloading bonuses (see above) you can perma-knockdown enemies on hit with the arbalest's modal despite its reloading malus - which is extremely useful against nearly all bosses and nasty casters.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also, the Maia's armor is nice (-20% reload time for Spearcaster).

Since you invest in Arcana, the scroll of Avenging Storm work very well with this weapon and your acc : Forceful Impact, the missiles from Arcane Bolts, Pinning and even the ability Skewer bounce with Driving Flight. Forceful Impact and Pinning dont deal damage but as weapon effect, they proc Avenging Storm. They can proc themself their effects, with a new bounce (The missiles cant, they are auto-hit and proc on crit).

The scroll is expensive but for fight with a lot of enemies, maybe you will love this thing.

current party plan is herald pelli as frontline tank, heavy investment in deflection.  fish boy as nuker/2ndary debuffer using frost and electric spells. mirke as shadowdancer, not sure if going to do duel blunderbus or something with melee for her yet. and i'm unsure on the last slot, likely xoti. fish boy is duel classed, would he work for the extra burning lash and sure handed ila? also, would getting shared flames on pelli add another flame bonus on top of the self buff from eternal devotion? 

Edited by Mr.Unsatiable

1 hour ago, Mr.Unsatiable said:

current party plan is herald pelli as frontline tank, heavy investment in deflection.  fish boy as nuker/2ndary debuffer using frost and electric spells. mirke as shadowdancer, not sure if going to do duel blunderbus or something with melee for her yet. and i'm unsure on the last slot, likely xoti. fish boy is duel classed, would he work for the extra burning lash and sure handed ila? also, would getting shared flames on pelli add another flame bonus on top of the self buff from eternal devotion? 

As @Constentin Lévineshowed: they stack. But keep in mind that the AoE of Shared Flames i pretty small. Your AA/Bleak Walker shouldn't stand too far away from Pallegina if she's using Shared Flames. Her ability "Vielo Vidorio" stacks with other reloading/recovery buffs if I'm not mistaken and has a bigger base AoE than Shared Flames. And imo 20% recovery bous is better than +15% burning lash (with a smaller area of effect).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

20 minutes ago, Mr.Unsatiable said:

what is vielo vidorio? i've not seen it on her

This is an upgrade from Flame of Devotion for Pallegina, added in the Community Patch (the Extra mod)

• Added Vielo Vidorio ability as third FoD upgrade option for Pallegina. Vielo Vidorio has +20% Burn Damage bonus and provides -20% Recovery Time in 5m AoE for 5s