Do certain creatures become extinct in areas?

I live by the oak tree in the area of the Welps can and no orb weavers are spawning. The last one I killed in the area was about 11 in game days ago and it was a baby. The last time I've seen a adult orb weaver was about 16 in game days ago. Are they just not spawning or is there some kind of extinction

They do respawn but I have noticed around the oak tree in particular they sometimes spawn inside of the branches or just under the ground and then they’re stuck there and continue to be there throughout your save file. I’ve had a wolf spider half stuck in the ground by the lab entrance for 20 odd game days at this point. Having one of the fuzz balls of death trapped works for me so I haven’t worried about fixing that.  I think they still have a reset feature in the settings to make bugs respawn back to their typical starting locations but I can’t confirm that until later. 

13 hours ago, Alynxkia said:

They do respawn but I have noticed around the oak tree in particular they sometimes spawn inside of the branches or just under the ground and then they’re stuck there and continue to be there throughout your save file. I’ve had a wolf spider half stuck in the ground by the lab entrance for 20 odd game days at this point. Having one of the fuzz balls of death trapped works for me so I haven’t worried about fixing that.  I think they still have a reset feature in the settings to make bugs respawn back to their typical starting locations but I can’t confirm that until later. 

I'm unsure if such a feature exists but if one of the many orb weavers was stuck in the ground or the fence I would still hear it and possibly see parts of it sticking out. The thing is that I've not heard anything or seen anything. I've went though about 48 days since I made the post and the only orb weavers that spawn are the big one and jr. by the milk carton and bombardier beetles, but those ones spawn once every 10-12 days when it's usually every 3. It could just be that my games bugged but it's both annoying and helpful since I don't have the issue of running into them randomly meanwhile i need to go out of my way to get web fiber and spider parts. 

I don’t see the bug reset feature in settings any longer. I don’t think it made it to 1.0. I don’t think the game was ready to lose that fix. The wolf spider I mentioned that was stuck is now missing. I’ll see if it respawns at some point but it may be like your orb weaver… fallen threw the cracks of the world…

I do agree that normally you can hear them or see parts of them when they’re only slightly mis-spawned. 

3 hours ago, Alynxkia said:

I don’t see the bug reset feature in settings any longer. I don’t think it made it to 1.0. I don’t think the game was ready to lose that fix. The wolf spider I mentioned that was stuck is now missing. I’ll see if it respawns at some point but it may be like your orb weaver… fallen threw the cracks of the world…

I do agree that normally you can hear them or see parts of them when they’re only slightly mis-spawned. 

They removed too many features in the 1.0 that should've stayed, imo games not ready enough to have the full release because of how buggy it is still after 2 years. The problem with your wolf spider is that it might just be roaming under the map somewhere and might be able to phase back into it at any time. 

All my wolf spiders are back where they should be now. 

I don’t know if you’ve explored the alleyway behind the sandbox in your current game but I can easily kill three orb weavers using a bow as they don’t move and there’s a fourth orb weaver stuck in the sandbox wall somewhere. The last one can move but can only attack via spraying webs. They do respawn but still have the stationary/stuck issue.  I’m wondering if it’s just my game glitching there or if it’s across the board.

Regardless of the technical bugs I do still love the game.