Some Semi-new info

On the new LA KotOR2 forum this was posted by Mike Gallo:

Hello all!

Welcome to the Official Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords forums. My name is Mike Gallo and I'm one of the members of the LucasArts team for KOTOR II. This will be the place for official news, information, updates and general discussion for the game. We'll keep you in the loop on our progress and provide regularly scheduled updates and breaking game info.

Current "State of the Game":

Since this is the first post on the forum I wanted to give everyone a quick update on where we're at in development.

It's been a crazy road thus far, as most game development is. We've just buttoned down the last bits of the story, and the team is now completely focused on the all important tuning and polishing of the game. Basically, the design work is complete - this refers to any dialog writing, scripting of quests, and cutscene work. The big task now is fixing bugs and making sure that everything links together properly so that our play through is solid.

All of the in game art is complete, and any work that the artists do now is primarily of the bug fixing and polishing variety. This will be an ongoing task right up until we ship the game off for approval. The pre-rendered cutscenes are nearly complete, and most are scheduled to be shipped off to sound this week. We'll be releasing a few of those for you to look at over the next couple of months, so keep checking the official site for info.

I would say that 99% of the features are complete on the programming side. The only reason that this isn't 100% done is to allow for some suggestions and other polishing type tasks over the next 3 weeks. For the most part, the entire programming team is working on bug fixing and game play scripting.

One last bit of exciting news - the music was just recorded last week in Seattle by a full orchestra - and it sounds amazing!! Again, we'll be letting you listen to some of this work on the official site between now and launch. We can't wait for you to hear it!

Finally, speaking of launch...There has been a lot of debate, discussions and rumors flying around about the release date of the game, and while we haven't officially announced an on sale date yet, we will have something to share with you in the next couple of weeks.

That's a brief look at the current state of the game from a Production point of view. We'll have more of these types of posts on the state of the game in the coming weeks from different members of the team.

Thanks for coming and enjoy the forums!

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

August 31, 2004

Not exactly new info but i thought some1 might be interested.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Finally, speaking of launch...There has been a lot of debate, discussions and rumors flying around about the release date of the game, and while we haven't officially announced an on sale date yet, we will have something to share with you in the next couple of weeks.

I'm interested in finding out the release date in the next few weeks :p

Looking forward to new cutscenes, music as well.

Hopefully the fully updated site will look something like the one for KOTOR.

I think we will all be glad to find out the release date.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It now sound more likely to be an early december release date. Hopefully.

Talking of Star Wars products being released soon. Does anyone know if the Trilogy DVD will have any 'Sith lords' info on it? I know it has a Battlefront demo, Episode 3 game info, but has any 'Sith lords' data been included?

I may actually buy the thing if there is. B)

It now sound more likely to be an early december release date. Hopefully.

Talking of Star Wars products being released soon. Does anyone know if the Trilogy DVD will have any 'Sith lords' info on it? I know it has a Battlefront demo, Episode 3 game info, but has any 'Sith lords' data been included?

No there isn't, well that's according to the review on Amazon anyway.

Buy it for a preview? :)

I think I'd just rent it if I didn't want the movies themselves. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Buy it for a preview? :)

But Timmy isn't going to have anything to do with them. So please dont get him started? post-1139-1094135595.gif

Buy it for a preview?  :)

I already have the films on tape, but the quality is quite poor.

If the DVD has extras that are worth having then I will buy it as I'd rather have a copy of the films that is watchable.

If not I may as well keep the films I already have. Although I am interested in what other scenes Lucas has added to the trilogy (though they would probably ruin the films.)

BTW, I was watching Indiana Jones yesterday, and I noticed how the music is very similar to Star Wars (I now the music was written by the same guy, and Lucas directed them both).

But what amazed me was that I heard Star Wars sound effects in the film.

I swear I heard 'freezing carbonite' soundeffects, and TIE fighter noises. :)

Is Lucas so cheap that he re-uses Sci-fi sound in an adventure film.

Anyway back on topic.

I would say that 99% of the features are complete on the programming side. The only reason that this isn't 100% done is to allow for some suggestions and other polishing type tasks over the next 3 weeks. For the most part, the entire programming team is working on bug fixing and game play scripting.

It does certainly look like it could be out soon if they only have 3 more weeks of polishing. post-1139-1094137031.gif post-1139-1094137049.gif

Wait, we arn't the offical forums???

My whole life is a lie...

Not any more, as LA now have their own forum. Its like they dont trust Obsidian to run a proper TSL forum. post-1139-1094138456.gif

Maybe we should start a spam campaign against them until they re-instate the obsidian forum as the official board! post-1139-1094138577.gif

None of them seem to know anything!

But please try and stay on topic.

quote :'But what amazed me was that I heard Star Wars sound effects in the film. I swear I heard 'freezing carbonite' soundeffects, and TIE fighter noises.'

well, maybe the sfx engineer was the same guy as well, and, if not recycled, he might have jusp popped out with 'similar' sounds. or, maybe, you have found some audio easter egg.

Hey! Didn't i say stay on topic. post-1139-1094143579.gif

quote :'But what amazed me was that I heard Star Wars sound effects in the film. I swear I heard 'freezing carbonite' soundeffects, and TIE fighter noises.'

well, maybe the sfx engineer was the same guy as well, and, if not recycled, he might have jusp popped out with 'similar' sounds. or, maybe, you have found some audio easter egg.

Hey! Didn't i say stay on topic. post-1139-1094143579.gif

Simmer down chief.... you're going to be OK.

So the estimate is 99% done. I wonder it the devs here at obsidian agree with that estimate?

Checked out the LA site. It's dead. Then again, there hasn't been anything too interesting going on here either...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Darth Sun Tzu! You traitor! Your posting in those other boards.

et tu, Brutus?

Some 1 has to educate the newbs on that board. They know nothing and i felt sorry for them.

I like seeing that "99% complete" thing, but since I'm not in the computer business, I have no clue just how long the "1%" will actually take.

I'm guessing the reason why he held off on announcing the official release date for a few more weeks is to give as much time longer for delays, stalling for the next couple of weeks atleast.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Darth Sun Tzu! You traitor! Your posting in those other boards.

et tu, Brutus?

Some 1 has to educate the newbs on that board. They know nothing and i felt sorry for them.

you should have just told them to come here to find out.

anyways back on topic

About that game being 99% done I would say its a possibility since the devs haven't been around much and I, myself would like to think thats because they have been busy finishing the game rather that king sizing their meals and doing coffee runs.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

anyways back on topic

About that game being 99% done I would say its a possibility since the devs haven't been around much and I, myself would like to think thats because they have been busy finishing the game rather that king sizing their meals and doing coffee runs.

One can only hope. Although if the next time we see the development team in a picture and all are sporting a few extra pounds, we might as well expect delays. -_-

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

anyways back on topic

One can only hope. Although if the next time we see the development team in a picture and all are sporting a few extra pounds, we might as well expect delays. :p

well if that is the case then I think we should all chip in a buy them a trip to weight watchers :p

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I'm hoping that Mike Gallo's enigmatical statement does indeed mean that there will be an early December launch for K2, but I'm not expecting it. The gaming industry is capricious, to say the least.

And the new Lucas boards do seem to need a little work...

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

about the release date, all the online shops i checked out were (proudly) displaying early december release dates (dec-3 at best, dec-12 at worse)...

such release dates aren't always 100% reliable, but they sometimes hit the mark.

ps - i am sorry for previous OT post. deleted it.