Do the Jedi know their own history?

Just one question?

Why do u keep calling Darth Sion, Scion? post-1139-1094133193.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Where do I do that? I don't see it. You must be confusing me with someone else.

*Checks that the 'edit by' line hasn't show up on his post*  :p

It was u this time but i have noticed a few people doing it recently. I'm not sure if they are ignorant, have problems typing or are just plain stupid? post-1139-1094133869.gif

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It was u this time but i have noticed a few people doing it recently. I'm not sure if they are ignorant, have problems typing or are just plain stupid? post-1139-1094133869.gif

I KNOW its Sion, so I'm clearly not ignorant.

My typing and spelling skills are excellent, so I have no problems there.

As for the third one........duh....er....um...what was it again.....me stop now....head hurts.... :p

I also wondered why others spelled it 'Scion', made me think for a moment there was a new character called that.

I KNOW its Sion, so I'm clearly not ignorant.

My typing and spelling skills are excellent, so I have no problems there.

As for the third one........duh....er....um...what was it again.....me stop now....head hurts.... :p

I also wondered why others spelled it 'Scion', made me think for a moment there was a new character called that.

So which category do they fall into? post-1139-1094134703.gif

Would the jedi in KOTOR have been taught about Exar Kun?  I know you can ask Dorak about this, but you can also ignore him.  Were padawans taught about this part of history?

Of course they were taught about it. Direct or indirect since many of the Jedi Masters must have fought in the Exar Kun War (some as Master, some as Knight and some as Padawan, like Jolee)

And since the Exar Kun War occurred only about 40 years before KOTOR all the persons in the galaxy must know about it since it was a grand scal war, something like World War II, something that children learn about at school.

Darth Bane and co vs the republic (I know Bane was just the lone survivor, but I don

post-1139-1094135795.gif

Hey Dante, you do know that there are other topics that u can post in. This is not the only one. You might want to check them out. post-1139-1094135795.gif

Don't tell him that. I'm interested in what he's saying. :angry:

Keep going Dante, you seem to know a lot and I appreciate the info. It explains a lot. :)

keep on breaking it down into several stages, you'll get more post that way :)

I was just making sure that u knew about the other topics, thats all.

To my knowledge there have been the following wars:

-Freedon Nadd vs the republic

Freedon Nadd's war was a local conflict on Onderon that ended when the Jedi intervened. It did however pave the way for the rise of Exar Kun 400 years later, as well as the creation of the Krath.

Would the jedi in KOTOR have been taught about Exar Kun?  I know you can ask Dorak about this, but you can also ignore him.  Were padawans taught about this part of history?

The Exar Kun war was fairly common knowledge at the time. Why do you think there was so much apprehension over the Mandalorian Wars in the first place? ;)

Did the episode 1-3 jedi (Yoda,Windu etc) know about Revan or Exar Kun?  I assume they knew about Darth Bane

I just started reading the "Tales of the Jedi" comics and I would recommend them. It's a little tricky to find all of them online, but I managed.

The comics are a good segway into KOTOR. It helps you to better understand the Jedi Council's reluctance to aid the Republic with Revan and Malak. Exar Kun was easily able to seduce Jedi students to the darkside and the Jedi Masters feared something similar to happen.

Exar Kun called himself a Jedi archeologist so that he could study ancient Sith teachings. His Jedi Master, Vodo Siosk-Baas(I think), held a Sith holocron with ancient Sith teachings. I don't want to give too much away, but basically, the Spirit of Freedon Nadd lead Exar Kun to the darkside. Many of the Jedi artifacts, ancient lightsabers, holocrons, etc. were lost in the war, but not all were lost. So, I'm sure the history of the Jedi and Sith were taught to the future Jedis up until the rise of Darth Vader.

So yeah, I recommend that everybody who loved KOTOR should pick up these comics.

I just started reading the "Tales of the Jedi" comics and I would recommend them.  It's a little tricky to find all of them online, but I managed.

The comics are a good segway into KOTOR.  It helps you to better understand the Jedi Council's reluctance to aid the Republic with Revan and Malak.  Exar Kun was easily able to seduce Jedi students to the darkside and the Jedi Masters feared something similar to happen.

Exar Kun called himself a Jedi archeologist so that he could study ancient Sith teachings.  His Jedi Master, Vodo Siosk-Baas(I think), held a Sith holocron with ancient Sith teachings.  I don't want to give too much away, but basically, the Spirit of Freedon Nadd lead Exar Kun to the darkside.  Many of the Jedi artifacts, ancient lightsabers, holocrons, etc. were lost in the war, but not all were lost.  So, I'm sure the history of the Jedi and Sith were taught to the future Jedis up until the rise of Darth Vader.

So yeah, I recommend that everybody who loved KOTOR should pick up these comics.

Do you have any of the links?

I just started reading the "Tales of the Jedi" comics and I would recommend them.  It's a little tricky to find all of them online, but I managed.

The comics are a good segway into KOTOR.  It helps you to better understand the Jedi Council's reluctance to aid the Republic with Revan and Malak.  Exar Kun was easily able to seduce Jedi students to the darkside and the Jedi Masters feared something similar to happen.

Exar Kun called himself a Jedi archeologist so that he could study ancient Sith teachings.  His Jedi Master, Vodo Siosk-Baas(I think), held a Sith holocron with ancient Sith teachings.  I don't want to give too much away, but basically, the Spirit of Freedon Nadd lead Exar Kun to the darkside.  Many of the Jedi artifacts, ancient lightsabers, holocrons, etc. were lost in the war, but not all were lost.  So, I'm sure the history of the Jedi and Sith were taught to the future Jedis up until the rise of Darth Vader.

Do you have any of the links?

I got 6 of the 7 trade paperback novels from either amazon.com or bn.com. All ya gotta do is search for "Tales of the Jedi" and you'll find the 6 that are easy to find. "The Freedon Nadd Uprising" is the hard one to find. I had to resort to ebay to pick up the 2 comics because finding the trade paperback of it is nearly impossible it seems.