• Arterial Strike
  • Gouging Strike
  • Toxic Strike
  • Strike & Ring the Bell

Their damages are dynamically affected by :

• PL
  • Might
  • Weapon quality enchantment
  • Sneak attack, Deathblow, Streetfighter passive, Backstab (unmodded)
  • Soul Whip (and upgrades)
  • Fighter weapon spe
  • Great Sword modal
  • Two-Handed passive
  • universal damage bonuses (human spirit, Inspired Beacon, etc) like every DoT

That mean, with Taste of the Hunt from a Druid-Rogue with WotEP, every enemies take a Damage over Time that scale when the striker active the modal and being invisible, for example. Afflicting them with 2 afflictions unlock Deathblow for the current effect also.

With some numbers, for Arterial Strike (on a friendly target to see the damage directly) :

5.5 damages (when I striked) >> 6.7 (I active the Great Sword modal) >> 9.7 (stealth, Backstab)

Switching to another weapon seems to remove the Quality enchantment bonus to the DoT, but this last go back when re-switching to the initial weapon.

Toxic Strike's first DoT seems affected, but also by PEN.

The Stag's Carnage (with CP and unmodded) also profit from these bonuses.

Taste of the Hunt weapon attack profit from Spirit of Decay +1pen. In other hand, Soul Annihilation doesnt profit from Penetrating Vision (+1pen with cipher's spells) but only from Hammering Thoughts (+1pen with weapon). 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
Add Two-Handed passive and Stag's carnage, remove some effects in the list that dont work as intended
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I thought Wounding Shot functioned similarly to battleaxe modal, i.e. damage is based off of the hit that applied it and is not further modified. Can you go into more detail about it?

I'm actually going to do more test, because unlike DoT that concern % of damage applied. Maybe I will modifie the post.

6 hours ago, Okkes said:

I always thought Toxic strike was doing way more damage than description says, thats why huh.

Yes like for taste of the Hunt, I didnt really understood why the damage was so different that the description said!

2 hours ago, thelee said:

taste of the hunt DoT is boosted by things like superb AND sneak attack? wtffffff why did i skip it on my current playthrough

Maybe a recruted Rogue-Wizard (minor imprit, citzal 'slance or WotEP) is the solution!

• Like 1

Yes, TotH is great with minor imprint, since there is no PL loss like you normally have when stealing non-wizard spells. The ACC, damage and PEN is all based on weapon quality and other modifiers as noted above. I haven't played a spell blade in a while. I think I'll try it again!

5 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Yes, TotH is great with minor imprint, since there is no PL loss like you normally have when stealing non-wizard spells. The ACC, damage and PEN is all based on weapon quality and other modifiers as noted above. I haven't played a spell blade in a while. I think I'll try it again!

You loose 25% damage and duration (and the acc and pen bonus on the attack) from PL in contrast to a MC druid.

I edited the post : the % of weapon damage done from Wounding Shot do not benefit from the bonuses by itself. Strike the bell (for one-handed weapon) is not alterate too. 

Two-Handed Style bonus is applied, and my Streetfighter-Druid with 15might and all of the bonuses from the list active give 53 damage per 3s with Taste of the Hunt!

The Stag spiritshift 's carnage work also with this rule (deathblows, etc), because it is an abilitie (per combat) before the CP transformation into "passive" (per crit). 

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

Hmmm - if you'd apply Takedown Combo after TotH got applied the ticks would get +100% dmg on top I guess.
Ranger/Druid with Firebrand+Ring of Focused Flame for high ACC and high DoT ticks against strong single enemies?  🤔

Or Xoti's Sickle?

Xoti's Sickle can get up to +60% dmg mod with ~20 Religion and a few kills. I guess this would also influence TotH, right?

Respectively Vion-ceth: cast Tanglefoot or Binding Roots on the enemy and then TotH: target should suffer +30% extra damage, correct?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It seems so. Takedown Combo was to be expected: it boosts all DoTs during its duration (unless you don't hit the target with a damaging attack roll again which would remove it). It's great with all spells that apply a DoT status effect only like Disintegrate for example).

And with Xoti's Sickle and Vion-Ceth both did more DoT damage as with a normal mythtic hatchet (as long as I made sure the dmg bonuses were unlocked when I hit the enemy with TotH). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

And with Xoti's Sickle and Vion-Ceth both did more DoT damage as with a normal mythtic hatchet (as long as I made sure the dmg bonuses were unlocked when I hit the enemy with TotH). 

That work also with Soul Annihilation.

Also, some DoT from weapon work also with Backstab : Red Flag Flying, Poison Dipped, Hounding and Wounding (the same DoT that work with Swift Flurry) : 

I striked (crit) with Taste of the Hunt on a Mahora Tanga attack, and the tick damages was 13 (Red Flag)- 30 (TotH). Then I turned to invisible (<2m to the target), and the ticks became : 19 (Red Flag) - 46 (TotH).

• Like 1

Hmmm... since the DoTs that profit from weapon quality and dmg mods seem to be the same that trigger Swift Flurry I guess Taste of the Hunt's DoT would also be able to trigger Swift Flurry, adding an initial third chance to enter a crit chain? It wouldn't get repeated on Swift Flurry procs like the weapon DoTs would, but would still increase the chance...  🤔  

Edited by Boeroer

By the way: iirc the DoT of Lover's Embrace (True Love's Kiss) also works like this? At least I remember fluctuation of tick dmg based on invisibility etc. from my Assassin/Bleak Walker solo run a while back (also Gouging Strike as you already noted).

So, True Love Kiss doesnt work with Melee things (Backstab, Deatblows etc). Maybe the fluctuation you get was from Human Spirit? 

For Xoti's Sickles, with rogue MC it is possible to reach 27 (28 for Druid-Rogue) Religion. The damage bonus is +74% (+76% at 28 religion) :

119044015_xoti27religion.png.721b56468dfbc2e291469099e9b304c3.png

This is a bigger thing than Great Sword modal + Two Handed Weapon (+30 and +15%) for these effects!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

For WotEP I think it is a case of weapon-bound abilities benefiting from weapon enchantments, sneak attack etc in general. Voidwheel's Necrotic Lance also deals huge damage with its damage over time from sneak attack, Streetfighter, etc.

Not from Streetfighter passive, but from Backstab and Sneak Attack. Voidwheel's Necrotic Lance is a Ranged Weapon Attack (bounce with Driving Flight).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

For WotEP I think it is a case of weapon-bound abilities benefiting from weapon enchantments, sneak attack etc in general. Voidwheel's Necrotic Lance also deals huge damage with its damage over time from sneak attack, Streetfighter, etc.

To be more specific :

- Passive effect from weapons benefit from Weapon Enchantment level
- Active effect (such as run through) from weapons benefit from both Weapon Enchantment level AND Power level scaling (as if they were level 1 for most abilities).

That's why passive effect are quite good and active effect are often crazy good.

Usually, having an active effect on your weapon isn't your priority (one should prefer general DPS stuff or repeatable effects), so I think it's good this way.

As @Constentin Lévineis adding, the effect from other passive depends on what tag they have.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 10:07 PM, Constentin Lévine said:

The Stag spiritshift 's carnage work also with this rule (deathblows, etc), because it is an abilitie (per combat) before the CP transformation into "passive" (per crit). 

too bad it does like 1-5 damage or something, even with maxed out weapon damage bonuses it's not going to do much

1 hour ago, thelee said:

too bad it does like 1-5 damage or something, even with maxed out weapon damage bonuses it's not going to do much

8 or 9 with my streetfighter stag, for the CP version!

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

BPM transformed it into a pseudo Wildstrike Frenzy AoE on Crit à la stag pet.

Does that mean scoring crit with SC Stag proc 2 AoE ?

36 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Does that mean scoring crit with SC Stag proc 2 AoE ?

Yes, it does. The idea was to make Stag more focused than it was. Regular carnage has not much combo potential (apart with BPM barbarian 😉 )

In comparison, cat has more attack rate so can generate more crits. But Stag splashes.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1