Hi folks. I'm currently doing SSS and then straight on to FS. I want to bring Fassina with me (to see her dialogue and relationship with Konstanten as I missed those in my previous run). However, I have no idea what to do with Fassina. Her conjurer sub-class seems to add little (as most of the conjuring spells don't benefit much from PLs) and remove a whole bunch of decent wizard spells. Any suggestions for how to build and use her (open to suggestions for her as conjurer, lore-master or sorcerer). Just for info, the rest of the party I'm running for the DLCs is Herald (main) + Howler (Konstanten) + Priest (Xoti) + Mindstalker (Ydwin), and I'm playing POTD upscaled and currently level 19.

Conjurers are pretty decent in melee with summoned weapons and self-buffs. You also can't really go wrong with Caedebald's Blackbow outside of single targets with very high defenses. Keep in mind that any phantoms you summon inherit summoned weapons so 2x Caedebald's Blackbow usually steamrolls most fights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Conjurers are pretty decent in melee with summoned weapons and self-buffs. You also can't really go wrong with Caedebald's Blackbow outside of single targets with very high defenses. Keep in mind that any phantoms you summon inherit summoned weapons so 2x Caedebald's Blackbow usually steamrolls most fights.

Yeah that's been my typical play with her. Have her summon Caedebald's, then Essential Phantom, and just snipe away.

Then again that's often my standard tactic for a lot of my Wizards, lol. I need to get a bit more creative, but that combo is just so good.

• Like 1

Fassina is pretty great as a sorcerer, too, IMO. You can cast Concelhaut's Draining Touch then Essential Phantom, and then cast lots of pulsing and DoT spells along with combusting wounds, which will quickly wear down even the toughest foes. And you can spirtshift if she takes aggro. High level sorcerers almost never run out of spells in my experience.

• Like 1

The combinason between Citazl's Lance and Taste of the Hunt is very nice for a Sorcerer:

1980854249_tasteofthehunt.thumb.png.e3fa2c72982cee60d270c2f91100e753.png

In first, the AoE from the weapon hit also the main target (Main Pierce damage in first line and AoE crush damage in third line, same target), and in second the 57.8 damage over 20s from Taste of the Hunt is in reality 24 damage per 3s tick for 20s (I dont know why). 

With Brilliant (because you have to "spam" it), Conjure Familiar can trigger all the 5 passives, so +3 for all stats + minor bonuses + 1PL.

Also, the Lance of the Midwood Stag is a good weapon for Sorcerer, because of Lord of the Forest (+2PL under Form of the Delemgan) ; otherwise the Chromatic Quaterstaff is also very good, with the +20 deflection vs melee modal (the malus doesnt affect spell recovery and you have a lot of them).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Yeah that's been my typical play with her. Have her summon Caedebald's, then Essential Phantom, and just snipe away.

Then again that's often my standard tactic for a lot of my Wizards, lol. I need to get a bit more creative, but that combo is just so good.

Yeah, it is a nice setup indeed. With the Helm of the White Void and some ACC gear like Ring of the Marksman, gloves etc. even the phantom has respectable accuracy. The Wizard can ramp that up with Eldritch Aim + WoD and then Citzal's Martial Power ot really nice levels. I like that this is an effective setup for a high level wizard that needs very little micro after the initial phase of combat and can even be done by AI easily without making a mess. 

3 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

The combinason between Citazl's Lance and Taste of the Hunt is very nice for a Sorcerer

Yes, Taste of the Hunt with (melee) AoE weapons is indeed very good and fun. The healing only procs for the initial target, but the very strong DoT gets applied to all enemies on the AoE (you hit). Due to it being PL2 it has good scaling, too, but I still struggle a bit with accuracy because Martial Power ia no option. 

---

Also Spiritshift with a Sorcerer can be cool if you use Wall of Draining and all the self buffs + later Zandethu's Draconic Fury (spell from unique grimoire). Lots of lashes, terrify and great defense. And long lasting shifts as well. Fassina has a cat form if I'm not mistaken so the active speed buff of the shifted cat can be prolonged, too. 

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods