Following the topic about Saru-Sichr and his melee weapon effect (the DoT roll) that proc Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming , I did some research and found some other weapons with similar effects.

I mention here only the weapons with a 100% chance to trigger the effect (some like Bardatto's Luxury have only 10% chance) :

• Mohora Tanga (Red Flag Flying on crit) this effect can trigger by itself an other but same effect that can crit (and chain crit). The whole on-crit list is maybe concerned (so not Crushing Yokes and Poison Dipped).
  • Sanguine Great Sword (Weeping Wounds on crit)
  • Distraho (Menace on crit but not Nimbus of Dread (that proc Avenging Storm on big AoE on crit that said))
  • Wicked Beast (Bad Dog and Hounding (+10acc) on crit)
  • Ball and Chain (Crushing Yokes on hit, Shackless and Subjugation on crit)
  • Saru-Sichr (Poison Dipped and upgrades on touch)
  • Effort (Hemorrhaging on crit but from all sources, of course)*

All these effect trigger Avenging Storm by the way.

That work particulary fine with solo handing Mohora Tanga , as you can see :

610570204_redflagflying2.thumb.png.1ae425c06edb036444d246adb9130bcd.png and 400975543_redflagflyningdruid.png.509f6dd8de32c5dc6eb9438b912feab6.png

The first Combat Log is from an attack with a monk (Swift Flurry and HbD proc more than 82 time, dealing more than 4000 damages).

The second Combat log is from a SC Druid with Entropy and Avenging Storm (with one melee crit). 

Another exemple with the Sanguine Greatsword :

sanguine.thumb.png.abe83204f12643b334b87c234f2ce777.png

Nevertheless, it is easy to make an endless chain (Mohora Tanga one handed) if the accuracy is around the fatal +100 vs fortitude. In this case, the game crash. Even at 80 or 90 acc surrounding the enemy fortitude, the game can crash but only if Mohora Tanga is in first Hand : even if the Red Flag crit chain is over with a graze or hit in the list, every crit from Red Flag have a chance to proc another Red Flag crit chain. The game can also crash immediately.

Mohora Tanga in offhand is a good way to have a powerful character without the crash risk (at the condition to not have +100acc/enemy fortitude) : a bouncing ranged weapon in main hand can do a lot of damage to a lot of enemy on many swift flurry proc from Red Flag Flying. Also, in main hand, Frotfall can proc some Swift Flurry attack in AoE (see page 5 of comments), or the Keeper of the Flame can trigger his burn AoE on each Swift Flurry proc.

For the tests, I used a Transcendant to get +20acc from Borrowed Instinct (so +12 one handed +5 accurate  +20 B. Instincts for Mohora Tanga). I am also level 20 and enemies are level 16 I think (in any case under my level).

Edit : all these effects are vs Fortitude ; all of them trigger melee weapon abilities from Gloves (Storm Blows proc a lot of time, dealing hundred of damages with a Berserker not monk), also Enervating Blow, Interrupting Blow and Spell Disruption.

They profit from the Berseker 30% hit to crit for melee weapons, the +3acc from pet (Chloe, Frau Nils, Nikky, Blinky (+5acc for the party with melee weapons)) or crit conversion (Pes, Sheba), and maybe some other stuffs.

Debonaire-monk can chain-crit an enemy , more details in page 4 of comments.

*: Hemorrhaging doesnt proc Swift Flurry since the attack itself cant crit (but the afflictions can). This is why Hemorrhaging work with the Hylea's Talon (on melee hit) but not with Boltcatcher (on melee crit).

Edited by Constentin Lévine
added the Crash risk
  • Like 4

Mohara Tanga is funny with the self-procs.

But imo Saru Sichr (and Sun and Moon) seems to be better still because the secondary attack roll doesn't require a crit from the first one (only a graze) and because of the modal making the secondary attack more likely to crit.  

On the other hand a spear is a one-handed weapon and could be used with an another weapon that's also nice with Swift Flurry/HBD - like Sun & Moon or Ball and Chain? 🤔

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

47 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

The first Combat Log is from an attack with a monk (Swift Flurry and HbD proc more than 82 time, dealing more than 4000 damages).

oO

Remember me, if you use clear out, you can potentially trigger this chain for each ennemy hit right ?

Edited by Exanos

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

But imo Saru Sichr (and Sun and Moon) seems to be better still because the secondary attack roll doesn't require a crit from the first one (only a graze) and because of the modal making the secondary attack more likely to crit. 

This is a list made against Poison immune 😄

36 minutes ago, Exanos said:

Remember me, if you use clear out, you can potentially trigger this chain for each ennemy hit right ?

In the day I will try, and then I will say to you 

1 hour ago, masterty66 said:

Do these procs still work with community patch? I noticed avenging storm was changed with it to only proc on weapon hits. Does that mean weapon effect procs like hemorrhage and such can't proc avenging storm? 

I have the Community Patch enable, in the fact all these abilities work in a same way that Hemorrhaging do, excepted they proc only from weapon hit or crit.

10 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

I always assumed that the ACC bonuses from Borrowed Instinct and Enduring Dance don't stack, for which reason I never invest the two ability points for the latter with Transcendents. If this is not the case, please let us know.

Yes both are actives, it is a mistake.

2 hours ago, Exanos said:

1407644617_clearout.thumb.png.172e86a992040927d333d24d87657ff8.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Do these procs still work with community patch? I noticed avenging storm was changed with it to only proc on weapon hits. Does that mean weapon effect procs like hemorrhage and such can't proc avenging storm? 

It wasn't changed to only proc on weapon hits (it does that in the vanilla game) but to only proc on weapon hits that deal damage. Reason was that Hand Mortar's Blinding Smoke (a cone CC attack) that can trigger from every one of the mortar's AoR hits also counts as weapon attack but does not deal damage. It was overkill with Avenging Storm because there can be hundrets of procs if enough enemies are there.

I have no idea why Hemorrhaging and so on work though - it doesn't deal damage either. 🤷‍♂️
I mean I know why it works in my game despite CP: I deactivated that one "fix" in my mod installation because I like Hand Mortar + Avenging Storm. ;)    

• Like 1

Damn I gotta say that spear really works well with SF/HBD... phew!

Edit: but the "Red Flag Flying procs itself" effect has a serious drawback: if you meet really weak foes you might create an infinite loop that crashes your game. 😄 

I just got kicked out while testing the spear against one of the skeletons in the starting cave on Maje Island.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I think the spear can easily chain-crit because of Accurate (+5acc) and One-handed (+12) dance of death (+12) + eventually some other buffs. It  is pretty good, compared to the Sanguine Greatsword (-15 /spear) which can also chain-cit, but accuracy have increasing returns.

This spear is really devastating.

I like how Deadfire supports a one handed weapon playstyle. I don't think it was ever really a good idea in Poe1, but Monks can get good mileage out of it here thanks to their talents.

And using one pistol + modal is fairly effective too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, masterty66 said:

I like how Deadfire supports a one handed weapon playstyle. I don't think it was ever really a good idea in Poe1, but Monks can get good mileage out of it here thanks to their talents.

And using one pistol + modal is fairly effective too.

It's still a niche thing and generally speaking worse that dual wielding. But with the right weapon it can make sense.
Did a whole solo playthrough with an Assassin/Bleak Walker with a single-handed Lover's Embrace. :)

8 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I think the spear can easily chain-crit because of Accurate (+5acc) and One-handed (+12) dance of death (+12) + eventually some other buffs. It  is pretty good, compared to the Sanguine Greatsword (-15 /spear) which can also chain-cit, but accuracy have increasing returns.

This spear is really devastating.

Against a bit better foes like Rathun Fanatics or so the morning star feels better because crits become less likely and the DoT really helps - at least with my Monk/Berserker test char. But I guess if you pump ACC and debuffs high enough it would be great again even against tougher foes. Thinking about a huana style Monk/Ranger with (hidden) Cap of the Laughingstock or Thaos' Headdress and stuff and using Enduring Dance, Hunter's Claw, Makred Prey, Stalker's Link and Accurate Wounding Shot. Red Flag Flying also triggers Predator's Sense, another nice synergy. 🤔

SC Monk with WotW and Razor's Edge + Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak may be cool, too?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

PS: death-critted Neriscyrlas with a Monk/Ranger + Mohara Tanga with a 176-ACC Accurate Wounding Shot ahahahahaha. 

It takes some attempts because the Dragon's scales give him good crit-to-hit conversion that can get into the way. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

And it doesn't take that long to get that. I didn't use any late game gear and nothing special besides the spear.
With a party member using Cap of the Laughingstock, Ngati's Tusk + pike modal and some others boosting ACC (Devotions, Blessing) and debuffing enemies further (Miasma etc.): who knows what's death-crittable with that spear? 😄 

Guess now I have to take a Monk/Berserker with Saru Sichr and a Monk/Ranger with Mohora Taga into the party... 

Edited by Boeroer

18 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

And it doesn't take that long to get that. I didn't use any late game gear and nothing special besides the spear.
With a party member using Cap of the Laughingstock, Ngati's Tusk + pike modal and some others boosting ACC (Devotions, Blessing) and debuffing enemies further (Miasma etc.): who knows what's death-crittable with that spear? 😄 

Guess now I have to take a Monk/Berserker with Saru Sichr and a Monk/Ranger with Mohora Taga into the party... 

With on top Con and might afflictions and other fortitude debuffs for maintain the crit loop to reach +100acc vs Fortitude (Red Flag Flyer) I'm sure the worse enemy become the Freezed Screen!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

In this case (one handed spear), do you think the ranger hight accuracy will be better than the hit to crit conversion from a fighter or berseker for crit cascade? 

My only regret with ranger dual is that there is no aoe for mob cleaning when going single handed spear... (guess in this case using another weapon thsn the spear with aoe is the best way...)

Since you cannot stack conversion to 100% but can stack accuracy so that 100% of rolls become crits I think bonus ACC is preferrable to bonus conversion.

Mob cleaning is easy if you only need one strike to kill each mob member... ;) Also: Raised Torment?

• Like 1

Guess i will restart again  for the billion time with a sister of the reaping moon/ghost heart...

You guys are not good for my playthroughs... Can't go farther than lvl 10 before you bring another fun combo that I HAVE TO TEST. 😕

Edited by Exanos
  • Haha 2

My first Impulse would also be Stalker.

But on the other hand I would build a pretty offensive character and might not need the AR and deflection bonus a lot.

And Stalker somewhat does hinder mobility: using Evasive Roll will most likely give you Grief bc. >4m away from your animal companion - unless you are willing to pay for Master's Call (both at level up and in Bond).

But mobility is important if you are often one-shooting weaker enemies who might be scattered across the battlefield. If you want to shock the enemies' backline with such a Monk/Ranger it's difficult to bring your AC to the backline as well, especially if it's a big one like the Bear (unless you use Master's/Furious Call at some point where it might be a cool combo to evade behind enemy lines and then play homing bowling ball with the AC).

So this makes me reconsider Ghost Heart again. You can summon the ac right behind the enemies you want to attack and losing the ac is no big deal. But I really, really don't like that you can't combine summons + AC.

I guess Sharpshooter's passive doesn't work with the important weapon enchantments.

If not then vanilla Ranger seems like a reasonable option this time?

• Like 1