I've never run her as a pure Monk before. This is my first time. Holy moly Whispers of the Wind plus Resonant Touch is outrageous with her. She gets wounds when defeating enemies and with Wotw + Resonant Touch she does a lot of that so against big groups she can basically hit one, kill a few, and then immediately hit another one. I have her using Sun and Moon plus Tuotilos and she's a real power house.

She was performing fairly well in my party prior to that but PL9 has been a massive boost for her.

Anyways, I know everyone knows how strong Wotw + Resonant Touch is, but if you've never tried it with Xoti, you might wanna. It's pretty fun. 

Edited by masterty66
  • Like 1

• masterty66 changed the title to Xoti as a level 19+ Monk is ridiculously good

Resonant Touch kills will not give her wounds, but if she kills with melee weapons - like with WotW - the 3 wounds per kill are very nice. I recently tried to make her into a Inner-Death user though because her lantern refunds 1 wound and 1 mortification on any kill (ranged, spell, melee, doesn't matter). Used Keeper of the Flame + WotW to give a lot of enemies a lot of Resonant Touches. Those who already died by the direct flail attacks gave Xoti 4 wounds + 1 Mortification - and if Resonant Touch killed a bunch of weaker enemies I got back Wounds and Mortification n so I could finish the remainder with Inner Deaths (it doesn't use your weapons). Inner Death was always meh for me because Mortification usually doesn't refund. But it does with the lantern.
I didn't try if killing Many-Lives skeletons with WotW "by accident" with Keeper of the Flame's friendly fire AoE also triggers the refud of the lantern. 🤔    

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

56 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Resonant Touch kills will not give her wounds, but if she kills with melee weapons - like with WotW - the 3 wounds per kill are very nice. I recently tried to make her into a Inner-Death user though because her lantern refunds 1 wound and 1 mortification on any kill (ranged, spell, melee, doesn't matter). Used Keeper of the Flame + WotW to give a lot of enemies a lot of Resonant Touches. Those who already died by the direct flail attacks gave Xoti 4 wounds + 1 Mortification - and if Resonant Touch killed a bunch of weaker enemies I got back Wounds and Mortification n so I could finish the remainder with Inner Deaths (it doesn't use your weapons). Inner Death was always meh for me because Mortification usually doesn't refund. But it does with the lantern.
I didn't try if killing Many-Lives skeletons with WotW "by accident" with Keeper of the Flame's friendly fire AoE also triggers the refud of the lantern. 🤔    

I've had her using Tuotilo's Palm but maybe it would be better to use her Lantern even though that would lower her dps slightly on Wotw. 

Didn't realize RT didn't give her wounds back though. That's unfortunate. But still when I was using this with her it felt like she could get enough wounds to do another Wotw pretty frequently. I guess based on what you said that's probably because Wotw is generating a few killing blows for her even before I use Resonant Touch.

Either way I was pleasantly surprised by her effectiveness as a SC Monk. I knew Monks were strong of course but I'd only ever tried her as a Priest since she's so useful as that. But this time around I wanted to mix it up.

I don't see why you would ever go Monk/Priest with her though. Her PL 8/9 abilities as SC Priest or SC Monk are so strong, I don't feel like the advantages of multiclassing are worth it for her.

• Like 2

Imagined Pain + Keeper of the Flame + Saint's War armor is the most efficient combo for wound gain while doing WotW I think. 

The AoE of Keeper otF is friendly fire and will try to hit your Reflex. But you will be immune bc. of the armor. So all those attacks will be turned into misses, giving you lots of wounds via Imagined Pain.

Add Xoti's wounds-on-kill on top and maybe her lantern and Enduring Dance and she will be drowning in wounds basically. Also Keeper of the Flame is cool for applying a lot of Resonant Touches with WotW. 

Also note that Rooting Pain will add a proc chance to every of those wounds you gain. So a lot of wound generation while doing WotW will mean a lot of Rooting Pain procs. The 3-wounds-on-kill thing of Xoti can indeed proc 3 Rooting Pains all at once. 

However: if you don't use the armor then don't use that weapon with WotW and Resonant Touch! You will put Resonant Touch stacks on yourself bc. of KotF's AoE - and will kill yourself when triggering the Resonant Touch ability. 😄

Maybe this is all known but I guess it doesn't hurt to repeat it. ;)

By the way: Inner Death counts as melee weapon attack with the CP mod - so Xoti gets 3 wounds on kill with Inner Death. I believe in the vanilla game this isn't the case because there Inner Death is handled like a spell. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods