Saru-Sichr is already knew as a great weapon because of the DoT : every instance trigger on a new apply of the DoT, that mean at less on graze.

But the effect is a melee weapon effect, the DoT roll cause the Mage Slayer 's Spell Disruption on apply, so 100%chance to fail with spells with two strikes.

Also, each new instance proc a lightning from Avenging Storm, as you can see in the combat log below. This is the first strike i made on Birta (l. 6), followed by the first DoT apply (l.5), then HbD (l4), new DoT (l3), Swift Flurry (l2) and the last graze from DoT (l1). And Avenging Storm proc 6 times. 

1742247658_sarusichr.png.0549e6ac644e94845bc7a75706c25963.png

I tried also vs a cre_dummy, to see the effect more later, and when there is 10 ticks already active, a new hit cause 12 lightnings. Etc.

Edit : the multiple Avenging Storm proc from SF/HbD , but twice because of the DoT rolls. 

Of course that doesnt work against poison immune enemies, but it is really strong.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

26 minutes ago, thelee said:

so, every time you hit with saru-sichr and the dot stack refreshes, *each* stack triggers a melee weapon effect??

Yes, it is the same thing than Effort do, so I dont know about Skald or Swift Flurry concordence to poison dipped itself. 

It is really strong for Stormspeaker or SC druid, but also for others with the helm or scrolls!

I'm going to try the synergy with some gloves

• Like 2

That is also the reason why it's absolutely devastating with Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming by the way. :) While Effort's Hemmorhaging doesn't trigger Swift FLurry, Poison-Dipped does!
It' seems to be a self-reinforcing effect because SF/HBD will add more stacks which in turn might make it a lot more likely to trigger SF/HBD? Can't imagine the interplay with Avenging Storm (funnily enough I didn't test that 🤷‍♂️). What I can confirm is that the second attack roll from poison dipped will trigger SF/HBD. I don't know if the triggering of the additional DoT stacks does trigger it, too. SF/HBD triggers a ton with the weapon though.

You can add Hylea's Talons and the Ring of Molded Flesh for more melee effects - but they don't trigger SF/HBD - at least that was my impression after some hours of running tests with Saru Sichr in the last week in preparation for a new run.

Also the DoT lasts a really long time which is cool.

It superseded Willbreaker as my favorite Monk/Berserker weapon. :) 

What I haven't tried is if an Essential Phantom's stacks with Saru Sichr will get triggered by a hit from my Wizard who's also using Saru Sichr. Guess not, but not sure. If so then Sage with Saru Sichr would be great, too. 

PS: Poison-Dipped also triggers a Resonant Touch. 👍

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

What I haven't tried is if an Essential Phantom's stacks with Saru Sichr will get triggered by a hit from my Wizard who's also using Saru Sichr. Guess not, but not sure. If so then Sage with Saru Sichr would be great, too. 

I'm thinking like you about this point : the same effect from different sources are not stacking together but like for Willbreaker, cause two (or more) effects with the same name.

I tried Effort with a monk (only with Effort attacks) and that also trigger SF/HbD, but only if there is a cascade of Hemorraging effect with the melee crit. So not for spells because the weapon is not involved.

• Like 1

Hm, tried Avenging Storm with Saru Sichr on a Druid - but it only procs twice every time: once for the physical hit and once for the roll+hit of poison dipped. Not for every triggered stack...? Additional procs only come from SF/HBD hit rolls (if you have that). Also Talons and Ring don't add lightnings. 

2 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I tried Effort with a monk (only with Effort attacks) and that also trigger SF/HbD, but only if there is a cascade of Hemorraging effect with the melee crit. So not for spells because the weapon is not involved.

Ah, okay! :)

Edited by Boeroer

3 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I'm thinking like you about this point : the same effect from different sources are not stacking together but like for Willbreaker, cause two (or more) effects with the same name.

Yes, I tried it just now: doesn't work. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hm, tried Avenging Storm with Saru Sichr on a Druid - but it only procs twice every time: once for the physical hit and once for the roll+hit of poison dipped. Not for every triggered stack...? Additional procs only come from SF/HBD hit rolls (if you have that). Also Talons and Ring don't add lightnings. 

That make sense since this is not the tick themself which trigger the lightning but the DoT roll, maybe I didnt look enought!

4 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

Wow! Now I wonder which weapon is best for a ravager, the Voulge or Sara-Sichr. I suppose that the latter is ultimately better due to its long lasting DoT and paralysis effect, but the former is probably still best for mobs.

Personally I like the Voulge+Avenging Storm, the Lightning Carnage is really strong! Too bad the weapon last quality upgrade is only Superb.

But Saru Sichr is very powerful, like a wedding between Sun and Moon (two hit rolls) and Battle axe (modal / poison dipped), with a powerful 2 damage type (crush) with a modal that match perfectly with Barbarian and poison dipped (vs fortitude).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

But Saru Sichr is very powerful, like a wedding between Sun and Moon (two hit rolls) and Battle axe (modal / poison dipped), with a powerful 2 damage type (crush) with a modal that match perfectly with Barbarian and poison dipped (vs fortitude).

Yes, exactly. Against low defense (for whatever reason) single targets, even if they have a lot of health, it's so powerful that I often only need one strike and it triggers an endless SF/HBD cascade which kills the foe, triggers Blood Thirst... off to the next! :)

And as you said the cherry in top is the interplay between Body Blows modal + MIG affliction (Spirit Frenzy or Stunning Surge) + CON affliction (Enervating Blows or FF ability) + Brute Force which makes it all the more likely that initial attack and Poison-Dipped (targets fort.) will crit. 

One time, when testing against 7 cre_tigers I needed 7 strikes (all Stunning Surge), all without any recovery. The other times it's at least one or two of them who go down at once. That's really fun. 

Bonus cheese if you have a Troubadour with Many Lives in the party, lots of INT for your Carnage AoE size and are a Berserker... Those poison Dots will stack up against tough nuts in no time thanks to skeleton-fueled Blood Thirst, a healing pet like Cajux makes sure you are always healthy while you gain wounds from Berserker self dmg - and Blood Storm will never end. Really fun indeed. 

Against tough nuts it's still useful (even without skellies) bc. of the dual dmg, good base PEN and the DoT (only if not poison immune).

And against high defense enemies you even have trouble grazing at first you can always switch to Willbreaker (poor thing is benched) with the Make Them Flinch enchantment, combined with Gauntlets of Greater Reliability. Great miss to graze conversion which can make sure that you apply Body Blows which often cracks the defensive nut.  So you have a setup for crit chaining with Saru Sichr and a setup for preventing misses, too. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bosmer said:

So would the ticks generate focus or heal a steel garrote paladin?

Like @Boeroersaid, nope, the DoT itself is a status effect not a weapon attack. Only the roll is a melee weapon attack. But with a chanter (old siec) or the barbarian totem, because every instances tick on hit, that can be nice!

• Thanks 1