Community Patch+ Elrics Polishing Mod SC Paladin

Hey all,

I know I’m late on this one but I want to do a play through with both of the above mentioned mods and a single class Paladin. I have them installed. I basically want the MC to do what he did in POE 1 except for quick switch alpha strike to Flames of Devotion since I know it can’t be done in deadfire as effectively. So tank and support the group (I love chanter but not as the MC lol)…I figured I get some good Might, INT and resolve to tank and I should be good to go? Playing with Berath, Skaen, Galawain and Ondra challenges-POTD-Ironman.

Group wise I was thinking:

Eder swashbuckler damage build (he was really good in my last run once he got levels for better ACC with the monk talent for duel wield crush damage and sabers as other option)

Xoti-SC Monk

Loremaster- Ranged Build with the Arcana Arbalest and summons

Herald: Dragons Dowry build more summons.

SC Paladin (Shieldbearer) Watcher support build.

I basically want to heal the group and give out exhortations with the Paladin because I like tanking and support. @Elric Galad @Boeroer @thelee any items you think syergize well with a support SC Paladin and Elrics mod?

I played deadfire quite a bit but not as much as POE 1 because my fav class (Paladin) was pretty bad as single class and I felt that a multi class Paladin was sort of a half Paladin lol. Even then my second fav class Fighter comboed with Paladin was pretty average although much better than SC Paladin in the base game as you could solo with it if you got heavy Arcana for hard fights.

PS I just realized I posted in the wrong forum lol and we talked about this maybe a year ago but I never did the play through.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Re items for a tank/support paladin:

• chest: if no one else in party wears Blackened plate, get that one. -1 AR malus is awesome and stacks with everything. The periodic heal/dmg, Contentment and Cycle of Decay are nice too.
  • amulet: Bone Setter's Torc for +10% healing done; or: Strand of Favor, Tears of Saint Makawo, Baubles of the Fin; if you use SpoilsOfCaedNua: Fulvano's Amulet for +25% healing taken
  • rings: Ring of Focused Flame + Voidward (if you plan to use Sacred Immolation); Ring of Greater Regeneration, Entonia Ring (+2 def per incoming engagement); if you use SpoilsOfCaedNua: The Ring of Wonder (+1 MIG/CON/RES and Second Chance)
  • hands: Woedica's Strangling Grasp (for +2MIG and +2AR vs Burn)
  • waist: Blunting Belt -> Girdle of Maegfolc Might or Binding Rope (if you use SpoilsOfCaedNua)
  • boots: Footprints of Ahu Taka (+10% healing done, +2 DEX)
  • cloak: The Giftbearer's Cloth (if you are ok with really maxing History; and have a cipher in party for Defensive Mindweb)

And ofc scrolls. Get 13+ Arcana with a heap of healing scrolls (e.g. Scroll of Hand of Weal and Woe, Moonwell, etc)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

@MaxQuest good seeing you are still around! And thanks. The basic concept is for Xoti and Eder (maybe I take a custom melee char with better dps attributes) to do the melee damage while the Loremaster and herald buff/debuff, do ranged damage and most importantly summon.

My Paladin will be the first out is stealth, tank stuff and heal/support the party when enemy ranged damage dealers eventually turn to melee dps once out of stealth. I figured I got 2 heavy damage dealers with the ranged firepower being pretty good due to wizard stuff and herald with dragons dowry and FoD.  Plus mass summons with 2 chanters plus my wizard, should spread the damage out once the enemy forgets my Paladin and starts targeting the melee.

• Thanks 1

Have gun will travel.

I wondering if I should even bother with sacred immolation with this build. It would require a decent PER investment and you want good Might (healing), INT (Healing and support), and Res party tank. SI is better with @Elric GaladMod but even with ring of focused flame I may have trouble reliably hitting stuff. Maybe with ring of focused flame and ZF (From Herald) it won’t be too bad if enemies are debuffed. The upgrade to SI does heal. 

Have gun will travel.

You should post this in the strategy forum instead as you'll get more attention there.

Anyhow you should take Sacred Immolation and upgrade it to the team heal variant (Divine Immolation). The self damage can be split with a SC fighter with Take the Hit (which costs no discipline with the mod) so you can have Eder share half the damage which immediately gets healed by the healing component of your ability. The healing over time is fairly amazing if you keep your party bunched up and together with Take the Hit they'll likely be mostly unkillable.

Edited by NotDumbEnough
  • Like 1

@NotDumbEnough that’s a good tidbit, I was just worried about not hitting stuff on POTD due to my base PER. Hard to fit if you want good healing attributes, support and tanking. But maybe Ring of Focused Flame+ZF (Herald Provided) and debuffs is good enough.  Lately I’ve just been running another Paladin multi instead of a priest for more accuracy. Waiting on Devotions of the Faithful and grouping gets micro intensive after a while lol I just rather have the +5 from ZF all the time. 

how do I get his moved to the Builds forum lol

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

The thing that makes a SC Paladin pretty good is Divine Retribution - but only if you have lots of summons in the party... like you have.

Especially a Troubadour with Many Lives Pass By + Brisk Recitation can produce lots of summons: 1 very weak skeleton every 3 secs which stay for quite some time with enough INT and PL. If any summon is killed (by whomever) then your Paladin will receive 2 Zeal. I played an SC Kind Wayfarer with this and as soon as he got to PL9 I could spam everything I had because the Zeal was coming in faster than I could spend it in a meaningful way. Casting Brand Enemy on all enemies, giving every party member all sorts of Exortations and other instant stuff, healing of course - and using Shared Flames all the time to buff party member's damage and heal them, too.

PS: If you want to revive the Paladin marker builds from PoE times you can use Ring of Focused Flame, Zealous Focus and the Blade of the Endless Paths with the fitting enchantments, wear the Cap of the Laughingstock (probably disable the display which can be done with the eye button over the head slot on the character sheet) and spam Shared Flames against a high deflection enemy.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Torm51 said:

I wondering if I should even bother with sacred immolation with this build.

About Sacred Immolation (and upgrades) you can simply reduce the self damage to 1 or 2 ticks by an IA script : with the Outworm Buckler as second weapon set shield, switching over and over between set 1 and set 2 (via the AI or manually, when the game is paused) will dramatically reduce hostile effects duration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

The thing that makes a SC Paladin pretty good is Divine Retribution - but only if you have lots of summons in the party... like you have.

Especially a Troubadour with Many Lives Pass By + Brisk Recitation can produce lots of summons: 1 very weak skeleton every 3 secs which stay for quite some time with enough INT and PL. If any summon is killed (by whomever) then your Paladin will receive 2 Zeal. I played an SC Kind Wayfarer with this and as soon as he got to PL9 I could spam everything I had because the Zeal was coming in faster than I could spend it in a meaningful way. Casting Brand Enemy on all enemies, giving every party member all sorts of Exortations and other instant stuff, healing of course - and using Shared Flames all the time to buff party member's damage and heal them, too.

PS: If you want to revive the Paladin marker builds from PoE times you can use Ring of Focused Flame, Zealous Focus and the Blade of the Endless Paths with the fitting enchantments, wear the Cap of the Laughingstock (probably disable the display which can be done with the eye button over the head slot on the character sheet) and spam Shared Flames against a high deflection enemy.  

Lol you know me well 😄 Definitely an Option, since its a Shieldbearer though, I think I get more out of having a shield.  I think I have to go Buckler though since I have 10 base PER on POTD (support build, I have done a lot of damage builds this time around).

2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

About Sacred Immolation (and upgrades) you can simply reduce the self damage to 1 or 2 ticks by an IA script : with the Outworm Buckler as second weapon set shield, switching over and over between set 1 and set 2 (via the AI or manually, when the game is paused) will dramatically reduce hostile effects duration.

Oh ya I know the heal is great I am worried about not hitting anything with it lmao at 10 PER but maybe ring of focused flame + ZF with debuffs it will be fine and I am will be healing.  That interaction with fighter is great!

Have gun will travel.

With Devine Retribution and skellies in the party you can also support like crazy. All the Exortations/Commands are instant casts with no recovery. So with a steady inflow of Zeal bc. of skellies dying you can buff up all party members with all sorts of long lasting high tier inspirations in no time. Very useful, very fast. Healing with Lay on Hands etc. comes on top of course. 

If you have a Ranger with Animal Companion in the party she/he will love you because you can revive the Animal as often as you want. And fast, too. 

Brand Enemy is an auto-hit. So you can contribute to offense a bit even with 0 accuracy basically. It is also an instant cast so you won't lose mich time casting Brand Enemy on all enemies. And it lasts for the whole fight...

I found that Divine Retribution will lift the SC Paladin's worth into the stratosphere. But only if you can provide lots of (dying) summons. :) But they are very useful anyway, so that's not a weird thing to include into the party's portfolio.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

12 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Especially a Troubadour with Many Lives Pass By + Brisk Recitation can produce lots of summons: 1 very weak skeleton every 3 secs which stay for quite some time with enough INT and PL. 

Every 4secs with BPM Nerfs 😉 

Basically I agree with Boeroer.

The key to SC Paladin is dying summon. BPM tried to reduce this necessity a bit by buffing Hastening Exhortations upgrades, so you'll probably be fine with a party with occasionally dying summon. But anyway, you can spam Exhortations like crazy, Brand every none fire absorbant foe and spam BPM Healing Chain (if you have a decent PC 🙂 ) and/or Light of Pure Zeal. Sacred Immolation (and its upgrades if your build has the ability point to get it).

I'm also testing S4 + BPM + CP with a Fire Godlike SC Paladin and... well at lvl 15 vs Fire resistant nagas, it wasn't ideal. Lvl 19 is when you get the critical payback (though early Stoic Steel is nice).

I would also recommand Inspired Beacon so you have something sort of offensive to do vs fire Immune.

Edited by Elric Galad

4 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Every 4secs with BPM Nerfs 😉 

Basically I agree with Boeroer.

The key to SC Paladin is dying summon. BPM tried to reduce this necessity a bit by buffing Hastening Exhortations upgrades, so you'll probably be fine with a party with occasionally dying summon. But anyway, you can spam Exhortations like crazy, Brand every none fire absorbant foe and spam BPM Healing Chain (if you have a decent PC 🙂 ) and/or Light of Pure Zeal. Sacred Immolation (and its upgrades if your build has the ability point to get it).

I'm also testing S4 + BPM + CP with a Fire Godlike SC Paladin and... well at lvl 15 vs Fire resistant nagas, it wasn't ideal. Lvl 19 is when you get the critical payback (though early Stoic Steel is nice).

I would also recommand Inspired Beacon so you have something sort of offensive to do vs fire Immune.

Thanks for the reply @Elric Galad @Boeroer SI and Inspired beacon are really good but my worry is actually hitting stuff with it lol since it’s meant as a support build and front line tank I went Might, INT, Res with base PER of 10. Maybe ring of focused flame is good with party debuffs.  

definitely have to wear a buckler if using SI and beacon since I’m playing POTD. If I use a medium shield I’d be basically at 6 PER. 

other thing about my Paladin that i have to look at is my base DEX (10) I just ran a Crusader with max DEX,duel wield, and armored grace with cut throat cosmo (tuitilos palm) and it’s so responsive compared to this guy. I’m thinking to get fast enough recovery to make sure you aren’t caught between melees  and you can heal a party member is low I have to use fast light weapons like flails and hatchets + using tuitilos palm+  with duel wield + cut throat cosmo since my melee damage with this build is not good anyway. 

@Elric Galad S4 and CP? What are those acronyms lol 

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:35 PM, Torm51 said:

@NotDumbEnough that’s a good tidbit, I was just worried about not hitting stuff on POTD due to my base PER. Hard to fit if you want good healing attributes, support and tanking. But maybe Ring of Focused Flame+ZF (Herald Provided) and debuffs is good enough.  Lately I’ve just been running another Paladin multi instead of a priest for more accuracy. Waiting on Devotions of the Faithful and grouping gets micro intensive after a while lol I just rather have the +5 from ZF all the time. 

A minor osbcure thing I'm thinking about is that getting one of Sacred Immolation upgrade gives you a net +4 Accuracy and +1 PEN.

Why ? Because of obscure scaling rules that gives an ability a "native scaling" based on its level (here Tier 7 -> Tier 9) while the PL scaling remains based on original level.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

A minor osbcure thing I'm thinking about is that getting one of Sacred Immolation upgrade gives you a net +4 Accuracy and +1 PEN.

Why ? Because of obscure scaling rules that gives an ability a "native scaling" based on its level (here Tier 7 -> Tier 9) while the PL scaling remains based on original level.  

Ya I definitely know PL increases ACC and PEN. So maybe with ring of focused flame, plus High PL and Prestige in a group with ZF and debuffs you can hit enough with SI plus heal a lot with it. Since I have 2 melee.

I wanted to try chain heal @Elric Galad with your mod but maybe it’s over kill and does not synergies well with divine retribution?

Heals my Paladin healer has:

Lay on Hands

Greater Lay on Hands (mainly emergency heal plus to remove bad CON afflictions)

Zealous Endurance upgrade 

Scrolls-High Arcana 

Planned for the Build maybe:

Sacred Immolation plus upgrade (maybe over kill)

Chain Heal (maybe over kill)

the PL9 Heal that blasts healing and kills vessels (maybe over kill)

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

2 hours ago, Torm51 said:

Ya I definitely know PL increases ACC and PEN. So maybe with ring of focused flame, plus High PL and Prestige in a group with ZF and debuffs you can hit enough with SI plus heal a lot with it. Since I have 2 melee.

I wanted to try chain heal @Elric Galad with your mod but maybe it’s over kill and does not synergies well with divine retribution?

Yeah I'm testing a SC Paladin build with Slayer Seeker Survivor standalone.

And I'm not completely sure of Chain Healing use either.

Also I'm a bit concerned that SC Paladin is SO reliant on Divine Retribution and summons. Divine Retribution could eat a nerf (something like 1 zeal per downed ally would still be good, especially with BPM general nerf of Zeal cost).

Of course it would require other buff, the general idea is that you shouldn't have to design your party around SC Paladin, or at least not on a single ability.

I have some absolutely not finalized ideas such as extendid the benefit from self-rez (sacred sacrifice and providence - which already provides encounter long Courage) and/or making Sacred Immolation free but with a cooldown (how it would buff Multiclassed Pal could be an issue). I'll keep you informed as Paladin consultant 🙂 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

Yeah I'm testing a SC Paladin build with Slayer Seeker Survivor standalone.

And I'm not completely sure of Chain Healing use either.

Also I'm a bit concerned that SC Paladin is SO reliant on Divine Retribution and summons. Divine Retribution could eat a nerf (something like 1 zeal per downed ally would still be good, especially with BPM general nerf of Zeal cost).

Of course it would require other buff, the general idea is that you shouldn't have to design your party around SC Paladin, or at least not on a single ability.

I have some absolutely not finalized ideas such as extendid the benefit from self-rez (sacred sacrifice and providence - which already provides encounter long Courage) and/or making Sacred Immolation free but with a cooldown (how it would buff Multiclassed Pal could be an issue). I'll keep you informed as Paladin consultant 🙂 

I feel the Zeal reduction cost you made to all abilities helps SC Paladin a lot as that was their man issue in Vanilla without BPM. With your mod they act as they should function, good tanks and battle commander types that have a mix of support and damage.

I did one vanilla SC Paladin play through without BPM and it was good late BECAUSE of infinite zeal BUT you absolutely needed a summoner. With a summoner zeal cost was irrelevant and you had high PL FOD and SI plus constant buffs and heals, just spam which ya is effective. 

With changes you made you don’t need one totally imo.  I feel divine ret is like one of the main reasons for SC Paladin and it’s fun, nerf bat for fun stuff sometimes stinks but may be necessary.   so maybe just some type of high% chance like the buff you made to on kill zeal ability. Maybe 50% to gain 1 zeal when Allie is downed and not 100%. Also I don’t know if it’s possible in deadfire but mmos do it, you could also give the zeal refund ability an internal Cooldown. Like it can only happen every 5 seconds etc 

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, Torm51 said:

I feel the Zeal reduction cost you made to all abilities helps SC Paladin a lot as that was their man issue in Vanilla without BPM. With your mod they act as they should function, good tanks and battle commander types that have a mix of support and damage.

Thanks 🙂 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, Torm51 said:

With changes you made you don’t need one totally imo.  I feel divine ret is like one of the main reasons for SC Paladin and it’s fun, nerf bat for fun stuff sometimes stinks but may be necessary.   so maybe just some type of high% chance like the buff you made to on kill zeal ability. Maybe 50% to gain 1 zeal when Allie is downed and not 100%. Also I don’t know if it’s possible in deadfire but mmos do it, you could also give the zeal refund ability an internal Cooldown. Like it can only happen every 5 seconds etc 

OK, after a first round of reflection, here are my (sometimes radical) proposed changes for SC Paladin :

1. Divine Retribution : 2 Zeal per downed ally -> 1 Zeal

What I'm trying to address : Divine Retribution being so brokenly strong that you have kind of an infinite pool of ressource. Now, I'm not trying to destroy builds relying on infinite summons, but to mitigate how easy they are to spam just about anything. 1 Zeal per downed ally is also enough for an ability point when not relying too much on summons, it still helps for drown out battle.

Also as stated above it is mitigated by how BPM reduced various zeal costs.

Further tweaks are also more lining toward buff direction.

2. Healing Chain (from current BPM version with 51+ random bounces of 10 health in about 30s) :

- 2 Zeals -> 1 Zeal
- Adding a 30s cooldown

What I'm trying to address :

- Cheaper zeal costs to make SC Paladin less reliant on Divine Retribution
- Healing Chain being so dirt cheap for its power that it feels almost always cool to cast, while not replacing other heal. Basically it acts like a tweaked Healing over Time, halfway between an active ability with a very little cost and a sort of passive working in the background.
- Avoid spamming abuse (spamming Healing Chain like crazy could basically make your party feel immortal). Other HoT do not stack with themselves.

3. (the most radical one, feel free to comment) Sacred Sacrifice :

- Remove the reviving effect
- Infinite duration for both the pulse and the self damages (so not reduced by RES) until knockdown or end of battle
EDIT : probably leaning toward a very long duration, probably 60s. Infinite duration breaks the game with robe of the Weyc, least unstable coil and similar items.
You'll be actually burning yourself to sacrifice. Note that Sacred Immolation and upgrades disable themselves while active.

- Redundancy between Sacred Sacrifice and Providence. Actually this one synergizes with providence.
- less reliability on zeal/divine retribution (lots of damages for zeal spend). Dirt cheap in term of zeal compared to potential damages. Health management (your teammates can help) instead of zeal management...
- Boost action economy since not having to cast it again helps you to do other things.
- Provide something fun/fluff to do with your SC Paladin that feels quite different from the more "default" Divine Immolation upgrade

Sacred Sacrifice + Providence will cost 5 Zeal, so with a high health pool and some health regeneration, you'll be able to do a lots of damages for the cost.

4. Providence :

- Heal to full health (was quite reachable before with low CON, high MIG, Practiced healer and... fruits). THis is meant to favor high CON build as a replacement from removing similar effect from Sacred Sacrifice.
- Remove BPM Courage until end of battle that felt a bit Random.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:56 AM, Elric Galad said:

Thanks 🙂 

OK, after a first round of reflection, here are my (sometimes radical) proposed changes for SC Paladin :

1. Divine Retribution : 2 Zeal per downed ally -> 1 Zeal

What I'm trying to address : Divine Retribution being so brokenly strong that you have kind of an infinite pool of ressource. Now, I'm not trying to destroy builds relying on infinite summons, but to mitigate how easy they are to spam just about anything. 1 Zeal per downed ally is also enough for an ability point when not relying too much on summons, it still helps for drown out battle.

Also as stated above it is mitigated by how BPM reduced various zeal costs.

Further tweaks are also more lining toward buff direction.

2. Healing Chain (from current BPM version with 51+ random bounces of 10 health in about 30s) :

- 2 Zeals -> 1 Zeal
- Adding a 30s cooldown

- Cheaper zeal costs to make SC Paladin less reliant on Divine Retribution
- Healing Chain being so dirt cheap for its power that it feels almost always cool to cast, while not replacing other heal. Basically it acts like a tweaked Healing over Time, halfway between an active ability with a very little cost and a sort of passive working in the background.
- Avoid spamming abuse (spamming Healing Chain like crazy could basically make your party feel immortal). Other HoT do not stack with themselves.

3. (the most radical one, feel free to comment) Sacred Sacrifice :

- Remove the reviving effect
- Infinite duration for both the pulse and the self damages (so not reduced by RES) until knockdown or end of battle
EDIT : probably leaning toward a very long duration, probably 60s. Infinite duration breaks the game with robe of the Weyc, least unstable coil and similar items.
You'll be actually burning yourself to sacrifice. Note that Sacred Immolation and upgrades disable themselves while active.

- Redundancy between Sacred Sacrifice and Providence. Actually this one synergizes with providence.
- less reliability on zeal/divine retribution (lots of damages for zeal spend). Dirt cheap in term of zeal compared to potential damages. Health management (your teammates can help) instead of zeal management...
- Boost action economy since not having to cast it again helps you to do other things.
- Provide something fun/fluff to do with your SC Paladin that feels quite different from the more "default" Divine Immolation upgrade

Sacred Sacrifice + Providence will cost 5 Zeal, so with a high health pool and some health regeneration, you'll be able to do a lots of damages for the cost.

4. Providence :

- Heal to full health (was quite reachable before with low CON, high MIG, Practiced healer and... fruits). THis is meant to favor high CON build as a replacement from removing similar effect from Sacred Sacrifice.
- Remove BPM Courage until end of battle that felt a bit Random.

@Elric Galadi like the ideas for sure. 

1. Like the Healing Chain idea it’s not dumb over powered it’s a like you said a semi zealous endurance upgrade that helps the team stay alive and feels fun to use.

2.Divine Ret from 2 zeal down to 1 helps nerf it a bit but still doesn’t take the fun out of going SC Paladin.

3. I think the SI change is great, you pay hard for having SI constantly up but you get to do it the entire fight. It’s a good give and take, you are wounded, you died and now take damage for the entire fight but you get to do free damage too. It’s fun and feels fair.

4. Good providence alternative, high CON builds imo are not that common so I feel this is unique.  Courage until end of combat seems five? It’s like having Revkus helm for getting downed.

Not trying to be a yes man but I like all these.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

PS I just lost a  Ironman POTD run cause I thought I could take the Death Guard cave early and boy was I wrong, like level 8.

group was:

eder swashbuckler damage

xoti SC monk damage 

SC Paladin support (shieldbearers)

Herald 

lore master. 

Xoti got in trouble as she killed a Dargul and I didn’t notice that her AI ran her to the middle and surrounded by the Fampyrs. I hit her with a that scroll that removes her from combat and all the mobs turned to my Paladin and he got dump TRUCKED despite having extremely heavy Resolve, I got interrupted I got hit so hard so could not heal myself in time, Herald and Lormaster got tangled when Fampyrs leaped to them so I had to remove the Ranged Herald from combat too probably a mistake, so fighting with three got my Paladin owned.

they are sturdy but they are definitely not Crusaders which is I’m used too. Have yo start again lol 

it did not help that the entire cave pulls for some reason 

Edited by Torm51
  • Gasp! 1

Have gun will travel.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:27 PM, Torm51 said:

@Elric Galadi like the ideas for sure. 

1. Like the Healing Chain idea it’s not dumb over powered it’s a like you said a semi zealous endurance upgrade that helps the team stay alive and feels fun to use.

2.Divine Ret from 2 zeal down to 1 helps nerf it a bit but still doesn’t take the fun out of going SC Paladin.

3. I think the SI change is great, you pay hard for having SI constantly up but you get to do it the entire fight. It’s a good give and take, you are wounded, you died and now take damage for the entire fight but you get to do free damage too. It’s fun and feels fair.

Just for note : I will only make it 60s, not infinite duration. So it will be kind of broken with Weyc's Items, but only on a comparable level as a pollen patch.

4. Good providence alternative, high CON builds imo are not that common so I feel this is unique.  Courage until end of combat seems five? It’s like having Revkus helm for getting downed.

Yes, but I don't want to over-buff providence.

Also Courage untill end of combat kind of make Hands of Light a bit redundant, and it's already a relatively narrow ability so...

Not trying to be a yes man but I like all these.

Yeah, many thanks !

I mean, I usually take my time before coming with sort of half stabilized solutions. Since I've been working on the mod, I have kept in mind a lots of implications of certain abilities, classes and builds. Such as "vanilla game" Sacred Sacrifice being one of the few ability benefitting from super high Constitution...

That's why I hope my ideas make some sense. I try to avoid changing completely the design of an ability except in case of redundancy.

Often a simple change can really make a difference about how a class feel. The best example is the cost reduction of Paladin Exhortations, which was paramount for making Paladin feels like a battle command.

• Like 1