Mod: More Interesting Consumables BUGFIX Needed

I really like the concept of More Interesting Consumables by Obrusnine:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/471

However, per description of the mod, since consumables are reusable, author did 3 things:

1. Increased cost of consumables so it is more advantageous to craft them
  2. Increase crafting cost of consumables so you can't just whip up a bunch of them easily
  3. Remove consumables from loot so you need to either craft them or buy them

Elements 1 and 2 work perfectly fine because that's just a simple edit to the ItemComponent (for cost) and RecipeComponent (for crafting cost)... but the 3rd thing doesn't seem to be working.  The author set the property NeverDropAsLoot = "true" on all affected consumables (in the same ItemComponent definition as for cost), but that doesn't seem to be working since I am receiving potions and other such items in loot at what appears to be normal frequency.  This results in a lot of extra consumables (since they are now useable I don't need that many) that are very high value totally throwing the economy out of wack.

The author admitted in a post on Nexus that they weren't sure if that property worked the way it was expected.  Do any of the experts on here have any insights?  Is there any easy way to fix this, or does it require modifying every loot table to remove the consumables from them?  If the latter, would I be better off just removing the modification to the Value property and deleting all of the modified recipes so costs (coin and crafting) are back to vanilla? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valdacil said:

The author set the property NeverDropAsLoot = "true" on all affected consumables (in the same ItemComponent definition as for cost), but that doesn't seem to be working since I am receiving potions and other such items in loot at what appears to be normal frequency.

iirc NeverDropAsLoot prevents items dropping from a dead enemy's inventory, but will not affect what's sold in stores or found in containers. You'd have to edit the lootlists for that.

8 hours ago, Valdacil said:

If the latter, would I be better off just removing the modification to the Value property and deleting all of the modified recipes so costs (coin and crafting) are back to vanilla? 

Sounds like a good solution 👍

Edited by Noqn

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, Noqn said:

iirc NeverDropAsLoot prevents items dropping from a dead enemy's inventory, but will not affect what's sold in stores or found in containers. You'd have to edit the lootlists for that.

Sounds like a good solution 👍

Funny because their own Documentation says that NeverDropAsLoot "If this is set, the loot system will never drop this item in a container or body bag."