Pet aphid constantly getting stuck?

Anyone else having issues with their pets getting stuck in the map in random places? Mine will randomly end up in unreachable places of the map to where I cannot pet it and it will become unhappy. The only way I have noticed that will fix it is completely shutting down and relaunching the game. I tried to use the debug feature and reloading a previous save, but neither worked. When I went to my pet house, it would still show my pet on the map, but it was under a rock or something weird. The little icon also shows its location on the screen, but you cannot interact at all when approaching.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same, still having the issues. Even had my aphid stuck in the foundation of my building. Had to destroy it to get to it because the noise they make when they are stuck somewhere gets realllllly annoying really fast. Then had to either coax it out, or just kill it.. Coaxing is not easy since the whole "call pet" function is super finicky. RIP Phiddy cent 

• 1 month later...

,a

On 10/22/2022 at 8:27 PM, ZeroDay said:

They should add an option when u interact with the pet house it should port the pet directly in front of it. That way it would be easier to recover one which got stuck or lost somewhere on the map.

Had 3 pets before giving up. One is not in a rock but stuck on a lillypad so i can at least visit him and get the inventory to come back up, however he will disappear after 30mins or when logging n out so anynhear n maymmsswsbeè

I'm sorry to hear that all of your pets keep getting stuck in the terrain. Please feel free to submit a support ticket, so we can investigate this issue. 

Obsidian Support

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joef2110 said:

You should be able to pick up your pet.

This. (via pet house?)

When moving Bases from Mystery Machine to the large flat stone right next to the grill it did take hours to get them to the new Base. 

Same for "ending" bug raids (via Gamerepair option?) - right after the pets got to the new location - I build a "pet house" - then a bug raid started - where apparently one(?) got stuck somewhere. (It was nowhere to be seen) so I couldn't end the raid -> therefore not safe. Gladly the pets were still there -> but had lost 4 hours building around them, to make sure they are not going to get eaten or die for whatever reasons.

Keep up the great work, Devs!

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 6:15 AM, PlumbusFungi said:

Anyone else having issues with their pets getting stuck in the map in random places? Mine will randomly end up in unreachable places of the map to where I cannot pet it and it will become unhappy. The only way I have noticed that will fix it is completely shutting down and relaunching the game. I tried to use the debug feature and reloading a previous save, but neither worked. When I went to my pet house, it would still show my pet on the map, but it was under a rock or something weird. The little icon also shows its location on the screen, but you cannot interact at all when approaching.  

This is STILL an issue. Nearly 6 months later & Obsidian has done less than nothing to fix this problem. I've given up on using my pet, it's completely incapable of following me. It couldn't even find the door in my shelter, I had to dismantle & rebuild half of it because the stupid thing couldn't work out what a door was FFS? Are you ever going to fix this Obsidian or is it just another New Vegas style bug that you expect to PC community to mod out & console owners be damned?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news! In the latest update of the game there were some options added to Game Repair. One that should keep your sweet insect pets safe and by your side. 

I am sorry that so many pets were lost in the past, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you run into additional issues. 

Obsidian Support

image.png

On 4/17/2024 at 3:46 PM, cstanick said:

Good news! In the latest update of the game there were some options added to Game Repair. One that should keep your sweet insect pets safe and by your side. 

I am sorry that so many pets were lost in the past, and please don't hesitate to contact us if you run into additional issues. 

Obsidian Support

image.png

Yeah this doesn't do anything.