Cinema and Movie Thread: I like to remember things my own way.

Chairchucker

The World of Tomorrow II: The Burden of Other People's Thoughts and The World of Tomorrow III: The Absent Destinations of David Prime.

mpc-hc64_e2n7K0dXc0.png

mpc-hc64_nXhGTAKW20.png

mpc-hc64_8K5PAQ0RcX.png

mpc-hc64_BTUR7G7cK8.png

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

46 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The World of Tomorrow II: The Burden of Other People's Thoughts and The World of Tomorrow III: The Absent Destinations of David Prime.

mpc-hc64_e2n7K0dXc0.png

mpc-hc64_nXhGTAKW20.png

mpc-hc64_8K5PAQ0RcX.png

mpc-hc64_BTUR7G7cK8.png

And yall say I'm into weird **** smh

• Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

idT5mnqPcJgSkvpDX7pJffBzdVH.jpg

It was pretty good, I'd recommend it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

34 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Would love to see it, but I don't believe that article as proof that its happening.  I'll wait for Lionsgate to throw out a press release.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 11/26/2022 at 10:46 PM, Bartimaeus said:

idT5mnqPcJgSkvpDX7pJffBzdVH.jpg

It was pretty good, I'd recommend it.

Ba ba baby 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

gets credit as being lgbt but those elements is implied more than overt so could disappoint a few viewers who were expecting paradigm shifts from an admitted lesser known 80s bowie flick. 

we don't wanna ruin the experience by saying too much. am gonna highly recommend not reading wiki or on-line synopsis before viewing. to this day we do much approve o' the score and is why we share. regardless, we were reflecting on movies we consider important but relative unknown and this were among the first to come to mind.

nevertheless, at the risk o' tainting the well, we will observe we enjoyed merry christmas mr. lawrence a bit more when we were younger. such reevaluation doesn't make the film less worthy o' consideration.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am gonna admit the initial reason we thought o' mr. lawrence is 'cause we saw one o' those a bit too early best christmas movies polls and 'course being Gromnir, our first thought were the lion in winter. others making the cut is edward scissorhands, stalag 17, kiss kiss bang bang, the hudsucker proxy, rocky, gawain and the green knight and the animated 1966(?) how the grinch stole christmas tv special. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Randomly recall of a memory of a short clip of Repo Man when I was 7 before the channel changed made me watch it.  Not a bad film, I've paid to see worse.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

we lived through the late 80s and 90s, so we saw real life day traders o' the time. gonna be tough to shock or frighten us with cgi cocaine madness from a single bear. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Will wait for the sequel Meth Moose

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A slasher movie with a bear on coke directed by Elizabeth Banks statting Ray Liotta, Angry Retail Guy, and Isiah Whitlock Jr?  This is going to be one of the greatest movies of 2023, up there with M3gan.

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Will wait for the sequel Meth Moose

Wait for Cocaine Bear vs Meth Moose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cocaine Bear vs 5-headed Shark vs Snakes on a Train vs Dracula in Jurassic Park.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Wait for Cocaine Bear vs Meth Moose.

4 hours ago, Amentep said:

Cocaine Bear vs 2-Headed Shark

3 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Cocaine Bear vs 5-headed Shark vs Snakes on a Train vs Dracula in Jurassic Park.

Those are too far into The Asylum territory for my taste.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Cocaine Bear vs Meth Moose.

Whoever wins....we gonna get hiiiiiiiiiiigh