So it gives + accuracy to an ally attacking the same target. How does this work exactly? I assume it's the nearest ally, but what if for example my Paladin attacks something and then Sagani with her bow is the only other ally attacking the target my Paladin is on. Would she get an accuracy bonus even though she could be far away?

Conversely, if I'm attacking something and Eder and Kana are both meleeing right next to me as well, who gets the bonus? Is it just whoever is closest?

As long as your paladin has intent to attack target after first swing(i.e even if its reloading/recovering but not if its running to new target) everyone who hit the same target will have bonus applied. Marking even stacks with marking and coordinated attack.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, masterty66 said:

I assume it's the nearest ally, but what if for example my Paladin attacks something and then Sagani with her bow is the only other ally attacking the target my Paladin is on. Would she get an accuracy bonus even though she could be far away?

Yes. That's how it works. Same target, nearest ally also attacking that target. Doesn't matter how far away if Sagani's the only other ally who's attacking the same enemy as you (the marker).

Clicking on the enemy in order to attack already counts. The marker doesn't need to land a successful hit or so. As long as the status is "i want to hit that enemy over there" - attack mode - it's already unlocked for your nearest ally (who wants to attack the same target).

12 hours ago, masterty66 said:

Conversely, if I'm attacking something and Eder and Kana are both meleeing right next to me as well, who gets the bonus? Is it just whoever is closest?

Yes, the one of them who stands closer to you.

3 hours ago, Desmodeus said:

everyone who hit the same target will have bonus applied.

That is false. Only the nearest ally to the marker who also attacks the same target as you will profit. Unless you manually stop the attack mode each time after an ally has landed a hit (to "free" the marking for another ally). Then, in theory, everyone taking turns in attacking the same enemy could profit. But it would need an immense amount of timing and micromamagement. Not suitable for weapon attacks imo. This can work well with spellcasting though - because (without AI) a caster will stop attack mode after casting a spell and just waits which will move the marking bonus to the next caster who casts an offensive spell on that enemy. 

3 hours ago, Desmodeus said:

Marking even stacks with marking and coordinated attack.

That is correct. Although Marking of two different weapons won't stack on one ally.
If Pallegina with a marking weapon attacks a dragon and Edér does the same with another marking weapon - and there's an ally nearest to both of them who also attacks the dragon - that ally will only get the Marking bonus once (for unknown reasons). 

Besides that little detail, Marking and Coordinated Attacks stack with everything. Marking can even stack with itself if you use two one-handed marking weapons on the same character. Dual-wielding two marking weapons I mean. The only possible weapon combo here is Shame or Glory + Cladhaliath with the proper enchantment though. All other marking weapons are two handed. If you do that it results in 2x+10 ACC for the nearest ally who's attacking the same enemy as you - not only +10. Coordinated Attacks (and other ACC bonuses) then come on top.

You can read more about it here:

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thanks! Been playing a marking Paladin (Darcozzi) with Spectacular Spetum and was trying to figure out how exactly the marking worked. 

So you can kinda micromanage the marking bonus then to make sure it applies to the ally you want. For example if I really want to land a CC with Eder, I should make it so he's the closest to me. Or, if I want Aloth to land a CC spell, maybe I want my other allies to attack something else and just have my Paladin attack the monster so that Aloth gets the bonus to his attack even if he's not the closest.

Above all I really wanna make sure I'm not giving the marking bonus to Kana lol. Not so useful for him I suppose (unless it applies to his chants?). Probably most useful for Eder to land Knockdown or Tall Grass attacks or casters landing their spells, etc.

Yes, using a Fighter with Knockdown or a Monk with Force of Anguish in combination with a Darcozzi marker and a Priest with Inspiring Radiance+ Devotions can make the life of a dragon pretty miserable. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, using a Fighter with Knockdown or a Monk with Force of Anguish in combination with a Darcozzi marker and a Priest with Inspiring Radiance+ Devotions can make the life of a dragon pretty miserable. :)

I only wish the concept worked in Deadfire :). But I am planning on turning my Paladin into a Darcozzi/Soulblade there which should be a pretty fun build I hope. Should still fit the feel of reasonable off tank with some dps/utility I hope.

It kind of works if you assemble the Blade of the Endless Paths, enchant it with "Marking" and combine that with other defense-debuffs of the enemy and/or accuracy buffs for a party member. Paladin/Soulblade could do that with Psychovampiric Shield and Tactical Meld for example. Paladin/Priest has Blessing + Devotions, Paladin/Rogue van use Confounding Blind to lower enemies deflection even further.

A Wizard's Essential Phantom will use the same weapon as you - and the Marking of Blade of the Endless Paths from a Phantom will stack with yours - leading up to -40(!) deflection on the enemy. So an Arcane Knight (Paladin/Wizard) can be a very good "marker" and also be sturdy as hell because of the numeerous self buffs of the wizard side which stack with the Paladin's passives.  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It kind of works if you assemble the Blade of the Endless Paths, enchant it with "Marking" and combine that with other defense-debuffs of the enemy and/or accuracy buffs for a party member. Paladin/Soulblade could do that with Psychovampiric Shield and Tactical Meld for example. Paladin/Priest has Blessing + Devotions, Paladin/Rogue van use Confounding Blind to lower enemies deflection even further.

A Wizard's Essential Phantom will use the same weapon as you - and the Marking of Blade of the Endless Paths from a Phantom will stack with yours - leading up to -40(!) deflection on the enemy. So an Arcane Knight (Paladin/Wizard) can be a very good "marker" and also be sturdy as hell because of the numeerous self buffs of the wizard side which stack with the Paladin's passives.  

Yeah I do feel like Paladin is versatile in that it can combo well with a lot of classes since it's kit is frontloaded and you don't miss much by multiclassing it. 

20 hours ago, Boeroer said:

That is false. Only the nearest ally to the marker who also attacks the same target as you will profit.

Interesting. Was it always like that or was it changed in some patch? Looks like I have some mod altering that interaction

I don't know if it was changed at some point. Years ago I did intense testing of Marking and Coordinated Attacks with all sorts of constellations when I was playing and later writing that "Counselor Ploi" build and later again for some other Paladin build that totally focused on combining Marking, Coordinated Attacks and the Darcozzi's Inspiring Liberation (the tandem partner was a Cipher).