Toxic Strike's description is obscure

1022367233_Toxic_strike_iconj.jpg.1c1ca1da1587844d963f47e2f57c0eb8.jpg

The rogue aims for a vital area, Weakening the target.

(Toxic Strike) - Also causes a Corrode damage over time effect that builds in potency the longer it remains active.

That mean the DoT cause another Tick that is builded in fonction to the previous Tick (caused by the DoT), more clearly

887421900_toxicstrike.png.17cb07cf954cdfdd66fb476469353813.png

There was 8 Ticks before I took the screenshot, after the initial hit:

Toxic Strike hit > 4/9 > 4/13 >4/17 > 4/21 > 4/25 > 4/29 > 4/33 > 4/37 (screen, after 24s).

I never realized that before, it is really strong. When the effect is going to fade, another Toxic Strike refresh the duration, but not the Tick-account. So after 1 min ingame, the second Tick should be ,in this situatiion, 85! and the total damage done by the DoT is 1020!  After 2min, the total amount from DoT damages is 3640.

Because the DoT is corrode, PEN bonus or AR malus can help a lot.

I think most of players know already that, but for others they think Toxic Strike cause a simple DoT (like me before now) that can be an useful topic.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 4

Yeap, it's great with high INT, PL + Cleansing Flames, Enfeebled and low RES on target :)

But by that time the enemy is usually already dead; unless it's a boss.

And vessels and naga are usually immune to it.

2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I never realized that before, it is really strong. When the effect is going to fade, another Toxic Strike refresh the duration, but not the Tick-account.

Until your post I didn't realize that too))

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Toxic Strike on a boss in combination with a confused buddy Berserker/Troubadour who uses Many Lives Pass By and Frostfall's Dispersed Suffering is cool I guess. ;) 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I easily imagine that Belranga, with a simple graze of Toxic Strike at the beggining of the encounter, followed by a Tunderous Report (with Frostfall in the other hand) on the multiple baby spiders, is condamned in two attacks. I mean, maybe 

With AoE weapons that can be nice when there is a lot of enemies, too.

2 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

I never realized the duration can be refreshed. That means a rogue with brilliant could keep it going forever.

I dont think "ever" make sens for the enemy! For the rogue, Brilliant or just ressource economy, it is only 2 guiles.

41 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I dont think "ever" make sens for the enemy! For the rogue, Brilliant or just ressource economy, it is only 2 guiles.

It does cost 3 guile in the vanilla game.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods