Weevils Instant Death March

PC/Single Player/ Custom game:

Just after the Home stretch update launched, I noticed a pile of Weevil meat near the Wooden Post (Orb Spider Alley).  About 25 piled up, nice and neat, located in the first gap of post near the Oak tree. Odd? Started to look around and saw one meat chunk a little further down the trail. Followed it to another, then another, then another.....until I reached an even larger pile near the base of a cluster of Toadstools. Counted 30 here. Plus a few weevil nose sacks. Followed two trails, one to the old abandoned ant hill and the other all the way to the Strange machine. More piles of meat.  most around Toadstool clusters. Saw two live weevils, heads buried into the base of the mushroom stock, running full tilt and getting no where. Strange. Further Investigation turned into a horror film....one ant in hot pursuit of a weevil.  So, I followed them to see what would happen, expecting the usual jump attack animation. Never happened. Just touched the weevil and (POOF!) instant death! 😧 Eating animation commenced, but when the ant moved on, it left one meat chunk and a weevil nose sack behind. Is this happening all across the backyard? Wonder no longer. Yep! I looked. Piles of meat. Nose sacks. And instant death scenes. Ladybug preserve us! 

Ok....this is the wildest, most impossibly silly glitch I have ever come across since years of playing grounded. Filled two chest full of weevil meat already and lost count of how many I left behind.  There's not even that many weevils in the entire backyard on any given day. Hope they fix this. Not that I don't appreciate their generosity, but too much of a good thing is just.....Whoa!.....too much. 🥴

Yep, seeing the same thing today, first time I've played since the "Homestretch" update.

Piles of Weevil meat & many noses, mostly around the toadstool mushrooms but also a lot in the "Mystery Machine" area -- I also came across a pile of grub hides & "goop" under the Oak Tree (at least 6 of each item)

Not really complaining ... instead I'm taking advantage and have multiple drying racks going at my 2 main bases right now. But I'm definitely not going to try for a weevil "pet" any time soon!

• Like 1

The problem is not so much in the instant death of weevils (there are not so many of them running around the map at a time), but in the fact that their remains do not disappear after a set time interval (at least for the ingame week, I did not check further).

• Like 1