Anyone else experiencing a large amount of raw weevil randomly lying on the ground with the 0.14 PTS?

Hi! I'm Rahsna, I am new here on the feedback forum ^_^
You can read more about my Grounded experience in my profile 🙂

Have anyone else noticed an increasing amount of weevil parts lying around on the ground? I picked up 4 raw weevil within 32 seconds. Parts I did not even know was there. Normally these guys are tough to even find this early in the game (8th day) and they certainly does not just lie ready for the taking in this amount!

The amount of living, walking weevil seems normal.

I included a video of what I am experiencing: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/XQLMFY8H

• 00:22: 1st weevil part encounter
  • 00:42: 2nd weevil part encounter
  • 00:50: 3rd weevil part encounter
  • 00:54: 4th weevil part encounter

I am not sure if it is a bug or just the ants growing lazy and not finishing their meals 🤔

I would not file it as a bug until I had confirmation whether or not this was the new normal 🙂

• Like 2

It looks more like a bug, not so much related to the spawning of dead weevils, but to the spawn timeout. Because there are a lot of places on the map where weevils didn’t meet before 0.14, and now there are heaps of their remains. Plus, a huge number of aphids appeared, which run in flocks of 10 or more. Рlus the termite king respawns over 100 in-game days. Something broke in 0.14 with the respawn timeout of individual creatures

• Like 4

Wicked insight! I am just on day 12, far from 100th! Reporting bugs in great detail takes up most of my time otherwise spent on the game, but I will mention this thread in my bug report and include some of your information, @iMiAMi2014.

Thank you for sharing 🙂

• Like 1

About the termite king. It disappeared from me back in 0.13 (or maybe even earlier), in the oldest backup save on day 419th it is no longer there, and it appeared already in 0.14 on the 602nd day. Also I didn’t save intermediate saves at the time of the release of 0.14, so it’s difficult to say exactly how much of respawn he has now, but it’s definitely indecently large.

• Thanks 1

I sent my report last night, but I gave a big nudge to this thread, so any information here should help them further. Now we can just hope it is enough for them to find the piece of code that is causing the issues :)

• Like 1

Oh yes! Just posted the same glitch here not more than a few minutes ago. Oh course, I didn't notice your post until afterwards....go figure.  It's not just a few raw meat trails......there are piles and piles of weevil meat chunks in my game.  Usually, but not always, at the base of Toadstool and Mushroom clusters. And the ant jump attack animation is now missing as well. Just one touch and POOF! Instant death. RIP little weevil. The red little critter then pretends to eat and then moves on....but the meat chunk is still left behind. Sometimes with a weevil nose sack. Sometimes not. Been investigating the rest of the yard....and you guessed it....meat trails and piles all over. It's seems more intense around the strange machine and the oak tree, though....but not exclusive. Hope they clean up the backyard a bit. I've already filled two chests full.....lost count of how many I left behind. 🥴

Edited by LadyBugWins
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like new info to me! I will tell the devs in the report that is active about that issue. I am sure they will appreciate every bit of behavioural information that they can get. Thank you for writing this 😁

Update with a reply from the Grounded Support team. I thought I would share it with you, @LadyBugWins 🙂

"

Hi, Rahsna!

Thank you for this information! I will go ahead and update the team with this to see if we can figure out what the cause of this is.

Once we have an update, we will make sure to post it on our forums or Grounded website.

Thanks again for updating us with this information and I hope you have a great rest of your day!

"

Edited by Rahsna
I updated it with the reply from the Grounded support team :)
  • Thanks 1

I have noticed this in my multiplayer game. It looks like the ants are killing weevils but not eating the meat. I have found piles of weevil meat as I explore the map. And then more ants spawn to come for the meat. I am also experiencing glitchy weevils that vibrate in place and in order to attack them you have to aim around them to find the hit box. 

• Thanks 1

now that i saw your post i started to notice, i haven't seen many weevil after the update so i decided to follow one, and when he was getting close to where the game starts, weevil fell down to the ground, i could still hear him, looks like he got stuck there, one more bug to report

I think the issue is the red ants are commiting genocide. Ive seen lots of ants attack and kill them but not eat them. I also feel like i am seeing way more red ants than ever. Usually trails of them to where i assume weevils spawn. 

And although this annoying because its difficult to get weevil kills now, its nice because its easy to gather meat with out wasting tool/weapon durability. 

I think an easy fix would be to add a hunger meter to red ants so they wont attack unless they actually need food. But thats just a thought. Im not a code geek so couldnt really say what the quickest or easiest method would be.