As a lot of people here know, it is often annoying that current hostiles effects, when reapplied, dont create a new effect (stack) but refresh the duration. That wotk in the same way for beneficial ones. There are some spells that trigger the Least Unstable Coil for a duration. 

These spells are listed here :

• Flame Shield (paladin, priest or wizard)
  • Zandethus' Draconic Fury (wizard)
  • Arkemyr's Mercurial Madness (wizard)
  • Cloak of Death (wizard)
  • Spark the souls of the Righteous (priest)
  • Avenging Storm (Druid and Tekehu subclass)
  • Pollen Patch (Druid)

For example, a SC druid with an empowered Pollen Patch get one inspiration every second (even while stationary) and, because of Brilliant from the Least Unstable Coil, can recast Pollen Patch before this last is over. The spell is always considered as Empowered and the druid become the best healer/damage dealer I played. Note I equiped him with the Weyc Wand that really often skip the recovery. 

The only problem with Pollen Patch is, when an ally is down, the spell reanime him and is over.

The best character I tryed for this topic is Tekehu as SC stormspeaker. 

Empowering The Ranga at the start of the fight, with Sasha's sabre and the Weyc Wand give him the status of half-god of the storm :

• Energized and Thick Grew...  is already a nice synergie
  • Sasha's sabre refresh 3 phrases and one Empowering Point on weapon hit (The Ranga)
  • On scoring crit with the Weyc Wand, the seal proc per 1s The Ranga in AoE
  • The Weyc's Wand Follower of the Obscured skip very often the recovery for spell or weapon.
  • The Ranga have a correct duration and can be refreshed when needed.
  • ect

Of course, Avenging Storm with Effort can Chain-lightning the enemies also and for the combat duration when refreshing the spell.

This is some topics related :

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/126433-list-of-abilities-ans-spells-triggering-the-least-unstable-coil/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/126859-the-weycs-items-and-pulsing-spells/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/126845-encore-and-refreshing-finale-for-tekehu/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/126689-effort-avenging-storm-the-tempest/

By the way, for the list of abilities that trigger the Least Unstable Coil, I found another two but cant edit the topic (too old) : Eliminating Blow (Rogue) trigger this effect per bullet/ target in weapon's Aoe and work with a full attack. This is possible with a rogue to gain every inspirations with this ability.

A paladin with Shared Flame could do potentialy the same.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:
  • The Ranga have a correct duration and can be refreshed when needed.

does this mean it functions like how you mentioned Pollen Patch functions - it'll will always count as empowered for Least Unstable Coil??

Also works like this for Tekehu's Avenging Storm on his Stormspeaker subclass. If you abuse the phrase refund through Sasha's Singing Scimitar, you can infinitely recast Avenging Storm and it will always count as empowered as long as you don't allow it to totally expire.

Edit: oops, already mentioned in the OP. It's worth noting that if you switch to Effort you won't get phrases back. I'd personally rather have infinite phrases than Effort cheese on hard to hit targets.

Edited by NotDumbEnough

3 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Also works like this for Tekehu's Avenging Storm on his Stormspeaker subclass. If you abuse the phrase refund through Sasha's Singing Scimitar, you can infinitely recast Avenging Storm and it will always count as empowered as long as you don't allow it to totally expire.

Yes this is the second part of the post, after the   -*-   .

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It's worth noting that if you switch to Effort you won't get phrases back.

I think the same thing and, even if Effort cheese work like a charm with Chants and invocations, I prefer Effort for druid and Sasha's sabre for chanter, which benefice more from this weapon I think. I very like Effort with Mage Slayer in other hand.

40 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

You could keep up the empowering pulses for an entire battle with this trick.

Yes, at less with the classes mentionned in the list ! I mean without SoT or WoD.

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I thought I found lots of broken stuff -

I got the idea when I read your post about the healbot ! Maybe Obsidian should recrute all his beta-test group here.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 2

Thanks. How exactly does Pollen Patch work? Do you have to move around to get healed? And how exactly does the LoC proc once you've cast an empower PP—is it everything a party member moves and heals?  I ask because I have only played a SC fury. I think I will have to try SC druid of another subclass. Perhaps Lifegiver to make PP even better?

1 minute ago, dgray62 said:

Do you have to move around to get healed? And how exactly does the LoC proc once you've cast an empower PP—is it everything a party member moves and heals?

You have to move for healing purpose, exactely like the Footstep of the Beast effect or the DoT from Arterial Strike ; but every second, whatever you are moving or not, if allies or self are healed, the LuC trigger one inspiration. The swift inspiration (in combinaison with the Form of the Delemgan for immunity) help a lot for moving and healing. 

About the Pollen Patch itself, the patch stay for a while, and it is very effective, but when a party member is KO (that doesnt concern summons who dont really die) nearby the patch, the effect is over.

But druid (especially Lifegiver) are able to provide a lot of health to "prevent" death on allies (Cleansing Wind on emergency case is great for a melee character near death, healing them and pushing enemies back, for example). Because of the good healing a SC Druid can do, he can also be offensive with a certain tranquility and dont have to constantly heal the party.

• Like 1

you know, i always thought tekehu had pretty interesting subclasses but not necessarily a WOW character, but between this and Effort, it's funny to me that Tekehu has become a monster of a cheese character, all because of that recurring avenging storm cast

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Yes it does, like every spells listed above (A. mercurial Madness is on enemy) still count as Empowered when refreshed!

Note that this has a lots of applications in addition to unstable coil.

Refreshed Empowered Spark the Soul of the Righteous or Avenging Storm is fun on its own.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 9:39 PM, dgray62 said:

Yes, I can see that it would be great to cast an empowered PP at the start of battle, and then, wielding Effort, cast Avenging Storm and other pulsing spells.

I tried just now and I was wrong : enven while stationary, the Pollen Patch give some health to nearby allies and self, every second.

Yes, with every steps you drop a new instance of an healing over time AoE. Those also work when you are stationary (they must, otherwise party members would have to move to profit, too), but new instances only get created when you move. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

but new instances only get created when you move. 

Nope :) Yesterday I was using an empowered PP to spam over and over Venombloom on enemies and create a wonderful deadly field of flowers (really deadly, env. 15 rolls per 3s that interrupt on crit) and I was stationary. My rogue was bodygarding my druid, and take damage from a ranged enemy away from the flowers, and regenerate his health each 1s (nobody in my party was moving during the test) because of the PP. 

I think by the way the pulsating spells like Venombloom, Nature's Terror, Chillfog etc and Moon's light, Moonwell or Concecrated Ground are  really good to stealth with Grimoire imprint. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

I tried just now and I was wrong : enven while stationary, the Pollen Patch give some health to nearby allies and self, every second.

So are you saying that you don't need to move for PP to proc every second, and to give you inspirations if empowered with LUC?

1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

So are you saying that you don't need to move for PP to proc every second, and to give you inspirations if empowered with LUC?

This is why this spell is the better for this tactic (I mean without Effort) : PP can be cast at will, and every time an inspiration proc, that cause an adustement to his duration, or if the inspiration is countred by an affliction, the inspiration come back after a while.

• Like 1

I remember that it has the following behavior (might be wrong): if you walk you will create (or "drop") rel. small instances of healing areas that pulse for some time and heal allies (if there's movement or not) - but new ones of those AoE instances only get created (or dropped) if you move. Iirc you can create a lot of parallel healing instances if you move back and forth a lot. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, dgray62 said:

Does this work with Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage and Enervating Terror spells? One would hope that LUC would proc every time an enemy is terrified, sickened, etc.

No, these spells dont work fine with LUC (the Repulsive Visage for example dont proc a "spell" per pulse AND the spell effect, even if relied to the caster, is not a beneficial effect (not prolongeable))

• Like 1