Hey all! I am happy to find this place!

I very recently discovered this series and after taking in PoE-I, I now started playing DF. I made a priest of Eothas going blind in both games. I've finished PoE-I and am level 10 in DF. Haven't gone further than Nakateka though. Really poking around before progressing the main quest. Just hit the town that Eothas stomped on and is filled with Naga. Now, after asking for no further spoilers on story plot points (item spoilers are perfectly okay), let's get to the point.

I was generally happy with my Priest in PoE-I, due to his immense versatility (no spell choice, incredible list of spells, power-level of spells) and since I've always enjoyed a healer and am myself extremely LG irl, it fit perfectly, just like it does now in DF. For RP purposes and taking in the amazing games Obsidian has created, I cannot play something else other than a priest of Eothas. My problem is that painfully obvious direction of the balancing of the class. Having a lot of end-raiding experience and general game experience over the last, well... two decades now -shudder- it hurts me seeing the Priest having spells that are simply outclassed by similar spells (like Concecrated Ground vs Moonwell/Moon's Light) in every possible way, even with the Community patch and the priest rework mod installed. Not to mention the bad placement of spells spell-slot-level-wise, the taking away of unique features of the spells, the reducing of their power (Crowns really hurts reading its description) etc., especially when compared to what I was used in doing with the same char and the same spells in PoE-I. 

Now, don't misunderstand. I do not argue for or against the Priest being OP or not in PoE-I, that is not the point. My point is that the character, combat-wise, is not as fun for me. Also, what I would like to do is have another character with completely different RP and on the highest difficulty (playing on Veteran with the Priest) following the progression of the Priest, and I think this is a good time to start him up. Problem is, I had just made myself familiar with the combat system of the series and then multiclassing was introduced. I've only multiclassed Takehu (Druid+Chanter = Theurge) and I've stayed away from it otherwise, to my disappointment. What I want to do:

Start an alternate campaign in Deadfire with a fully customised party of -if not only- mostly multiclassed characters with the "everything bad" history state on PotD. My first "correct-RP" campaign is basically -from what I understand- the benevolent history state with some variation, due to it being custom and is on Veteran difficulty. My difficulty is that, despite my huge progress in knowledge of the game's mechanics and workings, I don't know it well enough to create my own builds and with the game being out for so many years already, it's not already been mostly solved, but due to the multitude of patches, I only find outdated information online. What I want and don't from the builds:

-Not too gimmicky: I really don't want to do things that I would not be doing in normal gameplay by basically using exploits taking advantage of game mechanics in or out of game. I admire the shrewdness of these builds, but I don't want to use them myself.

-Not requiring too much micromanagement. I really don't want to pause every 2 seconds just to have the build rolling. I would like to focus on combat, not forcing the build to play out.

-Not exploiting: I don't want to do something that was not intended to be a thing from the devs. I don't consider it cheating, it's just not my cup of tea.

-I want them min-maxed. I'm not asking for you to do the min-max, but what I'm looking for are studied builds. For example, you would multiclass Wizard to use X spell with Y subclass, because it interacts with this feat/feature/skill of the other class and produces Z result. Do A before that level until you get it.

-I want them extreme. I'm very much a fan of extremely low and high stats. For instance, I've been extremely intrigued to play a 3 CON Arcane Archer simply because they also get an extra -15% HP on top, or play an Aumauma Helwalker Monk with 3 CON & RES due to his 50% extra damage taken at 10 wounds, but immense MGT stacking. Problem is, I really don't how I could make those builds work well enough. A problem that I'm facing is that I don't know the best gear that exists, and I can't make my own to have fun with those builds and create my own challenge, you know?

-Lastly, multiclassed if possible (due to the sheer amount of possibilities), but I am really not against pure builds. I also like them a lot and their simplicity. I've had problems with tracking Takehu's action economy in combat and he's not THAT hard to handle as a Theurge. 

If you read all this and respond to my ramble, simply thank you, [Disposition benevolent.png,Disposition honest.png]

Eothas' faithful

I REALLY like some of the builds in the sticky. Two of my builds: The iron hammer and the Imperial fanatic are very easy to set buff cycles on auto then just play with low micro. But I also absolutely love the takehu stormlord build. I forgot who made it. The William will breaker build is amazing. As well as the super fury/helwalker build "the fate testerosa" (or close to that).

The "easiest" groups have a lot of chanters in them. But 1 herald(pally/chanter) healbot in your group and you can make a lot of squishy Glass cannons.

The gun-fu monk is fun but you have to drive him so may or may not be too micro for you.

Edited by Theosupus

3 hours ago, Theosupus said:

I REALLY like some of the builds in the sticky. Two of my builds: The iron hammer and the Imperial fanatic are very easy to set buff cycles on auto then just play with low micro. But I also absolutely love the takehu stormlord build. I forgot who made it. The William will breaker build is amazing. As well as the super fury/helwalker build "the fate testerosa" (or close to that).

The "easiest" groups have a lot of chanters in them. But 1 herald(pally/chanter) healbot in your group and you can make a lot of squishy Glass cannons.

The gun-fu monk is fun but you have to drive him so may or may not be too micro for you.

You really need to ask for the information shown on that thread to be updated. I was looking at the thread, but since the game version of the build refers to 1.0.0, I -and well, anyone- really cannot tell whether or not the build is still possible or as viable as when conceived!

Thanks to all 3 for your responses so far! I don't mind micromanagement, just don't want an absolute ton of it!

Trickster / black jacket swashbuckler

Whatever race you like, athletics / intimidates good but all the same whatever skills you like, max res/per/int.

Gladiator sword / tuotilos palm

Fire in the hole / hand mortar

Other weapons slots can be used to dps or debuff (two handed for dps, or pike / morningstar / club / flail for debuff)

Between mirrored image, vigorous defence, outward spikes and riposte you'll be passively dealing damage while tanking with really high deflection

Then you can switch to the aoe shotguns to deal arterial strike and gouging strike in an aoe to a group of enemies, particularly if they're surrounding you

Speaking of enemies surrounding you, once they are you can cast ryngrims repulsive visage to cc them and also provoke disengagement attacks when they try to run

The reason why I pick black jacket is to have the utility to switch between any weapon set with 0 recovery time, so in between my riposte tanking when I'm about to actively attack I switch up to something else, attack, then switch back to sword and shield for tank mode, you also have a couple of options with fighter stances

This build kinda has as much or as little micro as you want, but if you want even less you can go with unbroken or devoted and not worry about switching weapon sets

This is in my top 3 for fun builds I reckon, but its probably the one with the least amount of micro

Edited by Tomucci

On 7/30/2022 at 12:46 AM, Evershade said:

You really need to ask for the information shown on that thread to be updated. I was looking at the thread, but since the game version of the build refers to 1.0.0, I -and well, anyone- really cannot tell whether or not the build is still possible or as viable as when conceived!

Thanks to all 3 for your responses so far! I don't mind micromanagement, just don't want an absolute ton of it!

This forum doesn't allows edits once a post reaches a certain age. Almost all the builds in the post still work. If there is one that's super gimmiky something might have gotten nerfed, but I can't think of one specifically that isn't noted already (with depreciated tag). Some older builds can actually be tuned and improved the newer gear from DLC.

Anyways good luck! Everyone has their favorite playstyle so you can get as many answers as people who will respond.