For some reasons I cant play to the game before the next weekend, but I got an idea few minutes ago about SC fighter thing and I need your help to try the interraction :

Keeper of the Flame's AoE burn damages concern everyone into the 5m radius, the damages are not pure damage but status effect that cause some damages VS reflex ; can you try if the attack can crit?

Otherwise the interraction will require the Confusion inspiration, with Grave Calling (vs skellies), Eager Blade ((vs near death) or maybe Wahai Pogara. 

Toughened Fury provide a chance to gain Discipline when critically hit, the idea was to reduce Reflex to cause the Keeper of the Flame's AoE to crit the fighter himself (clear Out and upgrade enhance the chance) to constantly gain discipline. 

Tactician already have access to Brilliant, but also to Confused, to turn the AoE from the weapons I mention before to self-crit. Disciplined Strike and low relative defense (Chillfog is vs Fortitude, Bounding Strikes from Eager Blade is certainely vs Reflex, Wahai Pogara, if that can self-hit the wearer, is vs Deflection) for the self-crit chance and Unbending to the health (vs damages but maybe not status effect that deal damages) should turn the SC fighter in Monk-like abilities user, maybe.

AoE from Mortars or The Weyc's Wand can give better results, but also under confused condition.

These test concern solo SC Fighter, to aim some independance ; some AoE pulsing spells from the party can do the periodic crits and without damaging the Fighter in some case but with Kepper of the Flame, if the AoE can crit, every fighter could transform Discipline in Wounds.

36 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Keeper of the Flame's AoE burn damages concern everyone into the 5m radius, the damages are not pure damage but status effect that cause some damages VS reflex ; can you try if the attack can crit?

image.thumb.jpeg.1870f407cc70dd81e0cac84dd4017046.jpeg

• Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Tactician/Monk can crit himself with Rooting Pain while confused. But it will interrupt you, too - so you may want to become immune to interrupts (with Rekvu's Fractured Casque for example).

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

By the way SC monk, with high reflex or Saint's War Armor can gain a wound by attack too, but on misses.

Yes, good catch. It's a known trick to use Saint's War Armor + Keeper of the Flame + Imagined Pain and then spam Whispers of the Wind non-stop. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Tactician/Monk can crit himself with Rooting Pain while confused. But it will interrupt you, too - so you may want to become immune to interrupts (with Rekvu's Fractured Casque for example).

But MC Fighter doesnt have Toughened Fury (the synergy between SC fighter and Keeper of the Flame I want to try).

• Thanks 1

Ach, you are right. I briefly forgot that it's not accessible to MC fighters. :(

It only came to me because I played several Berserker/Monks and you can't really use Rooting Pain unless you can cancel the confusion reliably.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods