I think stacking multiple copies of Pull of Eora seems to queue up the pull effects or something. (Or maybe push/pull is just janky in this game. Sometimes I will use Anguish on an enemy to push them against a wall and they will get stuck in a buggy ragdolled state permanently) It seems that the pull effects queue up after each other so you will see enemies flying around erratically even after Pull of Eora has ended (without the need for Enfeeble).

But yes Pull of Eora/Call of Rymrgand are some of the most powerful spells in the game and Arcane Archer is insane with multiple push/pull immune allies. Unfortunately it also means your animal companion will mostly be flailing around helplessly in most fights -- best to choose the boar companion because you shouldn't expect your pet to deal any damage at all.

• Like 1

Pull of Eora can't be considered hard CC because enemies can still attack. The best hard CC is probably the freeze from Grave Calling - with high hit to crit and a chanter in the party it becomes basically unlimited AoE freeze. And the few dex immunes can be covered easily by a monk with unlimited AoE stuns (Stunning Surge with mortars or WotW with Ajamuut's Cloak). 

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

Pull of Eora can't be considered hard CC because enemies can still attack.

Yes, and I dont know how and why, but my game is enduring a full-bug period, and when I made the test for the topic, the stride status effect (with a duration) from Pull of Eora cause the enemies a stunning-like effect with the erratic position. Slicken cause that too yesterday, but not today, the game seem regular. So I'm going to clean the topic, sorry it's my bad

7 hours ago, Kaylon said:

Pull of Eora can't be considered hard CC because enemies can still attack. The best hard CC is probably the freeze from Grave Calling - with high hit to crit and a chanter in the party it becomes basically unlimited AoE freeze. And the few dex immunes can be covered easily by a monk with unlimited AoE stuns (Stunning Surge with mortars or WotW with Ajamuut's Cloak). 

Don't know about you, but for me enemies cannot attack while ragdolled (i.e. while being sucked by Pull of Eora, or pushed by Anguish, etc.). In-game it is represented by the prone icon. If you stack Pull of Eora instances with Arcane Archer you can very easily get situations where enemies are permanently ragdolled and cannot act at all.

• Like 1

Arcane Archer's Imbue: Pull of Eora with a bouncing weapon + Driving Flight can be handled like a hard CC effect. In theory the enemies could still attack - but it happens so seldomly that one might as well call it hard CC. Good thing is that there are very, very few enemies with immunity to push/pull effects. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, NotDumbEnough said:

Don't know about you, but for me enemies cannot attack while ragdolled (i.e. while being sucked by Pull of Eora, or pushed by Anguish, etc.). In-game it is represented by the prone icon. If you stack Pull of Eora instances with Arcane Archer you can very easily get situations where enemies are permanently ragdolled and cannot act at all.

The same is true in my game, which is one of the reasons I always equip items that make on immune to push-pull effects on my MC. While technically not "stunned", but ragdolled with the prone icon, one cannot do anything at all while being thus affected. So I'd say that @Constentin Lévineis correct about this effect's OP nature.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

The same is true in my game, which is one of the reasons I always equip items that make on immune to push-pull effects on my MC. While technically not "stunned", but ragdolled with the prone icon, one cannot do anything at all while being thus affected. So I'd say that @Constentin Lévineis correct about this effect's OP nature.

In my game the enemies aren't prone at all. They are just dragged toward the center of the vortex and continue to attack normally if you're close enough - which corresponds to the description of the spell. Maybe you have the same bug as @Constentin Lévine.

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Arcane Archer's Imbue: Pull of Eora with a bouncing weapon + Driving Flight can be handled like a hard CC effect. In theory the enemies could still attack - but it happens so seldomly that one might as well call it hard CC. Good thing is that there are very, very few enemies with immunity to push/pull effects. 

If you are in their range they will attack you normally - ranged attackers are basically unaffected...

• Like 1

Do push/pull effects not serve as a soft interrupt in your game? i.e. if you hit someone trying to cast a spell with Llengrath's Warding Staff, do you not "soft" interrupt the spell cast? You don't lose class resources if you get pushed/pulled while using an ability, nor is your recovery set back, but you do have to start over with your casting animation again if you were in the middle of it. Add to that Pull of Eora's pull is not instantaneous (you spend a bit more than a second just flying towards the center, during which you can't act) and the janky interactions from multiple push/pull effects on the same target (very common with Arcane Archer) and you should get enemies which are barely able to act. They just spend most of their time with the prone icon above their heads and flying around helplessly.

Note that I mean that they have a prone icon above their head. Mechanically, they're not interrupted/proned. It's just that the game doesn't have an icon for being ragdolled so it uses the prone icon.

Obviously if your enemies are passing the Fortitude rolls this doesn't happen. But you have insane accuracy with Arcane Archer.

Edited by NotDumbEnough
  • Like 1

In my game push/pull effects often cause one to be ragdolled, and unable to move or attack, melee or ranged. Spell casting is also interrupted, although it continues when the effect ends, so it does seem to be a "soft" interrupt. I assumed that this was normal but perhaps it is not. It is one of the reasons that Pull of Eora is so impactful.

Oh, I finally understood - my bad - it happens if you have multiple instances of Pull of Eora which drag enemies between them preventing them from taking any action. Indeed, if the enemies don't resist it works like a hard CC. However big enemies are immune to pull/push effects...

• Like 1

I think all enemies who don't have a proper "getting pushed or pulled" animation* don't suffer from the effect like kith etc. do.  

)* which looks a bit like they were about to jump headfirst into a pool and are geting held back by somebody who grabbed them at the waist - which is quite hilarius if enough Pulls of Eora are lined up

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods