Ukraine Conflict - "A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny"

Mamoulian War

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

The logistics train for the HIMARS in Ukraine would be interesting to see.

I bet, you are just one of the many, especially in the East 😄

In other news, three more warehouses were blown up this night, and if I count right, 3-5 warehouses made kaboom day before :) I really hope US would unlock the maximum range for HIMARS sooner or later, to allow Ukrainians to make some strategical adjustments to Kerch Bridge 😛

Oh and to everybody else, if you are into confirmed statistics, and how it correlates to the numbers provided to medias, I have found yesterday one very interesting analytic from Iceland. Looks like Russian casualties spiked to almost double the amount after the capture of Lysychansk... The visually confirmed losses have risen to 🇷🇺 4.4 : 1 🇺🇦 in 30 day average, up from 3.8 : 1 in all time average. The 7 day average is currently at 4.9 : 1

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

I would not be so sure about the status of Chinese army, some analysts are saying, that the worst mistakes of the west in the last decades, was overestimation of Russian army, and underestimation of Chinese army. :shrugz:

Yes but most effective armies need experience in warfare. What wars have the Chinese been involved in in the last 30 years or so, battle experience matters.  Thats one of the reasons the US is the worlds most powerful military, its not just the funding. Its the 20 years of the War on Terror and how the US has learnt lessons and refined its military strategies

These new US missiles, whatever you call them, supplied to the Ukrainians are doing some damage to the Ruskies. Artillery  matters in this war  

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4-5 more warehouses and command posts have been blown up tonight on occupied territories, including one in Mariupol (all explosions reported by people living in these regions including pro-russian sources). And a bonus was 26th destruction of command post and military equipment around Chornobaivka airport 🤣

It looks like that in Kherson Oblast, Russian army starts to feel ammunition shortages. They started to use S-300 for attack against city of Mykolaiv, and they received shipments of MT-LB APCs, which were made in 1950s. Other axes looks OK so far. The report from UA retaking Snihurivka released few days ago, was most probably not correct, as there are still battle ongoing around the city.

In the last few days, after few weeks of using less precise rockets, RU fired few Iskanders again.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 4

And op-ed from Taras Kuzio - professor of political science at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/07/a-russian-victory-in-ukraine-is-unthinkable/

"Russia’s defeat of Ukraine would lead to genocide on a scale far greater than in Yugoslavia three decades ago. Prior to the invasion, US intelligence warned the Kremlin had compiled ‘Kill Lists’ of Ukrainian elites. The Nazi’s and Stalinists excelled at decapitating a country’s ability to function by murdering their intellectual, cultural, political, and civil societal elites. Ukrainians summarily executed in Bucha with their hands tied behind their backs are a glaring reminder of the 1940 Katyn massacre of Polish officers by Stalin’s secret police."

"An estimated 50,000 Ukrainians have died in Russian-occupied Mariupol and southern Ukraine where kidnappings, torture, and killings are commonplace. Putin justified his illegal invasion of Ukraine to end a mythical ‘genocide’ of Russian speakers, and yet, it his army that is murdering Russian speakers in southeastern Ukraine."

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

And op-ed from Taras Kuzio - professor of political science at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/07/a-russian-victory-in-ukraine-is-unthinkable/

"Russia’s defeat of Ukraine would lead to genocide on a scale far greater than in Yugoslavia three decades ago. Prior to the invasion, US intelligence warned the Kremlin had compiled ‘Kill Lists’ of Ukrainian elites. The Nazi’s and Stalinists excelled at decapitating a country’s ability to function by murdering their intellectual, cultural, political, and civil societal elites. Ukrainians summarily executed in Bucha with their hands tied behind their backs are a glaring reminder of the 1940 Katyn massacre of Polish officers by Stalin’s secret police."

"An estimated 50,000 Ukrainians have died in Russian-occupied Mariupol and southern Ukraine where kidnappings, torture, and killings are commonplace. Putin justified his illegal invasion of Ukraine to end a mythical ‘genocide’ of Russian speakers, and yet, it his army that is murdering Russian speakers in southeastern Ukraine."

These types of predictions do make negotiations and giving up territory unpalatable for the Ukrainians especially considering how the Ruskies treat civilians  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder if the S-300 in land attack is an attempt to improvise a counter battery. It is fast, decent range but the accuracy isn't that great. Reading Girkin's latest rant I wonder when he's going to be calling for nukes on Kiev :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

32 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I wonder if the S-300 in land attack is an attempt to improvise a counter battery. It is fast, decent range but the accuracy isn't that great. Reading Girkin's latest rant I wonder when he's going to be calling for nukes on Kiev :lol:

Please post a link when you make posts like this so we know what you talking about, for example when you mention Girkins latest rant?

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Please post a link when you make posts like this so we know what you talking about, for example when you mention Girkins latest rant?

Thought I'd pasted it, still in clipboard https://t.me/strelkovii/2908 Is just complaining about HIMARS and such.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Thought I'd pasted it, still in clipboard https://t.me/strelkovii/2908 Is just complaining about HIMARS and such.

Thanks, I didnt read this previously. So much news out there about this war

"pseudo-patriotic scum " :grin:. I wonder who he is  referring to ?

John Milton 

Continued from old thread...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 hours ago, Malcador said:

Reading Girkin's latest rant I wonder when he's going to be calling for nukes on Kiev :lol:

Which he probably might not be able to do soon, as Russian Ministry of Defense after series of serious blunders since the famous crossing of Sievierskyi Donets river, are getting more and more pissed at the military bloggers, who are reporting about the war outside of official propaganda. They are now considering them as a "threat" to Russia 😄

6 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Gazumped by a mod, this is what tyranny feels like. I'll never get that two minutes back

Anyway, bit of lazy propaganda from Ukraine today...

Supplied image includes...

https://twitter.com/Pavlo_Kyrylenko/status/1546003496687865856/photo/3

Which clearly shows a guy in military fatigues being rescued, from the civilian building...

Sorry but, that is the same, as saying that the coverage of 9/11 was lazy propaganda, due to the fact, that the US media has shown pictures of firefighters being rescued from under the rubble of twin towers :shrugz: Here you have another "lazy propaganda" including video by Reuters with "real civilians" affected at the place of the impact... https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-chasiv-yar-russia-attack-civilians-killed-invasion/31937053.html

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, during the night from 9th to 10th UA army with long range artillery completely destroyed command center and warehouse at Chornobaivka, and also hit the barrack of Rosgvardia in Kherson Oblast, and another command post in Nova Kakhovka (town where is the dam, which supplies whole Crimea with water). As Rosgvardia is sometimes dubbed as Putin's private army, which is responsible for maintaining order against people who are daring to protest against the "tsar", this is pretty significant blow to the Russian plans to "convert" bad Ukrainians to "law abiding" Russians...

This is what has been left from the airport after hit nr. 26 (12 senior RU officers turned to cargo 200):

According to Adviser to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Oleksiy Arestovych, only in Nova Kakhovka, the estimated number of RU soldiers destroyed with this attack is 100, with another 200 wounded, which might be little bit overestimated, nonetheless, these all attacks in Kherson Oblasts have significantly reduced the personnel and material supply of the RU army.

All of these attacks against the warehouses and command posts deep in all of occupied territories was a prelude to big Ukrainian counteroffensive to liberate the South. This was yesterday, according to Minister of Defense Reznikov, announced by Volodymyr Zelenskyi. The UA citizens living in occupied territories were then urged to evacuate from the area by Vice PM Vereshuk.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukraine-has-one-million-ready-for-fightback-to-recapture-south-3rhkrhstf

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-tells-residents-leave-occupied-south-due-counter-attack-plans-2022-07-10/

Unfortunately The Times article is behind a paywall, so if there is by a chance anyone on this board, who has subscription to The Times, who can give us some insight, of what is this article about, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 4

And in other economic news, France, according to it's minister of finance, is preparing for gas cut-off.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-gas-cutoff-most-likely-scenario-french-finance-minister-2022-07-10/

52 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Which he probably might not be able to do soon, as Russian Ministry of Defense after series of serious blunders since the famous crossing of Sievierskyi Donets river, are getting more and more pissed at the military bloggers, who are reporting about the war outside of official propaganda. They are now considering them as a "threat" to Russia 😄

Sorry but, that is the same, as saying that the coverage of 9/11 was lazy propaganda, due to the fact, that the US media has shown pictures of firefighters being rescued from under the rubble of twin towers :shrugz: Here you have another "lazy propaganda" including video by Reuters with "real civilians" affected at the place of the impact... https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-chasiv-yar-russia-attack-civilians-killed-invasion/31937053.html

Anyway, as I've mentioned before, during the night from 9th to 10th UA army with long range artillery completely destroyed command center and warehouse at Chornobaivka, and also hit the barrack of Rosgvardia in Kherson Oblast, and another command post in Nova Kakhovka (town where is the dam, which supplies whole Crimea with water). As Rosgvardia is sometimes dubbed as Putin's private army, which is responsible for maintaining order against people who are daring to protest against the "tsar", this is pretty significant blow to the Russian plans to "convert" bad Ukrainians to "law abiding" Russians...

This is what has been left from the airport after hit nr. 26 (12 senior RU officers turned to cargo 200):

According to Adviser to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, Oleksiy Arestovych, only in Nova Kakhovka, the estimated number of RU soldiers destroyed with this attack is 100, with another 200 wounded, which might be little bit overestimated, nonetheless, these all attacks in Kherson Oblasts have significantly reduced the personnel and material supply of the RU army.

All of these attacks against the warehouses and command posts deep in all of occupied territories was a prelude to big Ukrainian counteroffensive to liberate the South. This was yesterday, according to Minister of Defense Reznikov, announced by Volodymyr Zelenskyi. The UA citizens living in occupied territories were then urged to evacuate from the area by Vice PM Vereshuk.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukraine-has-one-million-ready-for-fightback-to-recapture-south-3rhkrhstf

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-tells-residents-leave-occupied-south-due-counter-attack-plans-2022-07-10/

Unfortunately The Times article is behind a paywall, so if there is by a chance anyone on this board, who has subscription to The Times, who can give us some insight, of what is this article about, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Geez, that is interesting. A southern offensive, I wonder if its credible?

Putins War has allowed the US and the West to do something which was inevitable, oppose  Russian hegemony and aggression without a direct war

The way the US has supplied funding and weapons to the Ukrainians has been very important in this stand against tyranny and belief in the importance and significance of sovereignty 

However the war in Ukraine ends Putin will think twice before invading another country on lies and  a false narrative 

@Sarex Arent you worried the US is provoking Russia ?

John Milton 

A southern offensive has been ongoing for about 3 months now, with the 'real push' about to be launched every single week since then. Kherson has been a day away from liberation almost that long. In the twitterverse.

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Sorry but, that is the same, as saying that the coverage of 9/11 was lazy propaganda, due to the fact, that the US media has shown pictures of firefighters being rescued from under the rubble of twin towers :shrugz:

So, and I'll be charitable, you're saying the guy they rescued there was one of the rescuers? If so, you're most definitely incorrect

"Some eyewitnesses said that some of the bodies had been wearing military uniforms. But most of those living here were civilians."

You shouldn't be barracking soldiers in civilian infrastructure, because it means it's no longer civilian infrastructure. At worst that is itself a warcrime, but it pretty definitively means that it was a legitimate military target, not "another terrorist attack".

Here you have another "lazy propaganda" including video by Reuters with "real civilians" affected at the place of the impact... https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-chasiv-yar-russia-attack-civilians-killed-invasion/31937053.htm

Uh yeah, RFE/RL is literally literally US government propaganda. Indeed, their report cuts precisely when the guy from the still is lifted onto the stretcher so you cannot see that he's wearing fatigues. Precisely, so you cannot see he's wearing fatigues.

4 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

[...]

It's a bit of everything without much in the way of details.
It covers arms deliveries, transition to NATO artillery, coalition building, UK assistance, Ukrainian revolutions and negotiating with Russians.
Certainly no details on any offensive plans. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised they have equipment for 1 million.  Well or have trained them to be useful in combat.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-vet-fighting-ukrainian-forces-its-1916-type-artillery-war-1722367

Started reading a quote of this, then realized it was Newsweek. So this guy probably doesn't actually exist, maybe 70% chance.  Is a fun article if you keep it being total BS in your mind :lol:

"There is no training for this. I've seen guys that were Tier I, SF guys, GSG 9, SAS guys, but that artillery will just eat you up and spit you out," Elvis said. "It does not give a f**k about training. If you're at the wrong place at the wrong time when that round comes in, you've got about three, four seconds to impact. You're done.

"If you hear the whistle and it gets louder and louder, everything will start shaking like a f***ing freight train," he said. "The longer the whistle, the closer it is to you. If it's a short whistle, you've got no problem. But if it sounds like it's just coming right at your face, you're in the kill zone. There's no sense in running.

"But the good thing is, you're dead before you know it," Elvis said. "The guys that I've seen take direct hits, we have nothing to identify them by. We find like, maybe a pinky finger. We found one dude's genitals splattered up against the wall. It's gruesome, but that's the reality of it. We got to the point where none of us really wore helmets, because if something like that hits the building you're in, you just hope that it kills you quick"

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

https://www.newsweek.com/us-vet-fighting-ukrainian-forces-its-1916-type-artillery-war-1722367

Started reading a quote of this, then realized it was Newsweek. So this guy probably doesn't actually exist, maybe 70% chance.  Is a fun article if you keep it being total BS in your mind :lol:

"There is no training for this. I've seen guys that were Tier I, SF guys, GSG 9, SAS guys, but that artillery will just eat you up and spit you out," Elvis said. "It does not give a f**k about training. If you're at the wrong place at the wrong time when that round comes in, you've got about three, four seconds to impact. You're done.

"If you hear the whistle and it gets louder and louder, everything will start shaking like a f***ing freight train," he said. "The longer the whistle, the closer it is to you. If it's a short whistle, you've got no problem. But if it sounds like it's just coming right at your face, you're in the kill zone. There's no sense in running.

"But the good thing is, you're dead before you know it," Elvis said. "The guys that I've seen take direct hits, we have nothing to identify them by. We find like, maybe a pinky finger. We found one dude's genitals splattered up against the wall. It's gruesome, but that's the reality of it. We got to the point where none of us really wore helmets, because if something like that hits the building you're in, you just hope that it kills you quick"

Thats a good read, I wonder how true it is. I didnt realize how many foreign fighters there were in the Ukrainian Foreign Legion

Brave men who are prepared to fight and die for the freedom of another country  

• Like 1

John Milton 

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

I'm surprised they have equipment for 1 million.  Well or have trained them to be useful in combat.

They don't. There maybe million that are willing to fight and there maybe some sort weapon for all of them, but they don't have million trained troops. Many of their troops that have fought in eastern line against Russian main assault have less than two weeks of training and inadequate equipment.

Ukraine does not currently have enough trained troops for effective counter offensive, at least not if Russia is able to form defensive lines. 

Edited by Elerond

So I wonder what the general reaction will be - laugh at their needing help from Iran or want to invade Iran.  Well or both.

Edited by Malcador