While I've played Deadfire, I've only played it once, and then only got maybe halfway, mayyyyybe 3/4 through the story, so my understanding of the game is still pretty novice level.

What would one need to make a character that insures they are able to pass as many conversation checks as possible? To be able to access as many conversation nuggets as possible? To get to as many secret locations, locked chests, hard to get items, etc as possible?

I see (and how awesome they are) that the majority of builds are for the dizzyingly complex combat system. This is for a character that would, probably, be babysat by the rest of the party while it gets to every nook and cranny of the game that isn't combat. And I'm not looking for one build, per se, in case that's just not doable, but what would be the stuff one should make sure to have.

Thanks!

Conversations aren't really locked by the class you play.

Yes sometimes certain classes or backgrounds will get additional dialogues, but there will also be additional dialogues for the same outcome as long as you have the corresponding skills/attributes.

If you're playing with a party this is quite easy, just spread your skills widely, specialize each party members in 2 skills, maybe even 4 after level 10 (shouldn't be necessary tho, you can even meet all dialogues solo but that requires metaknowledge).

If you're not that into combat playing some sort of chanter might fit your playstyle quite a bit, either single class or multi, some of the better multis are psion/troubadour and bloodmage/troubadour, but honestly anything goes with a chanter and none of them is weak.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

specialize each party members in 2 skills, maybe even 4 after level 10 (shouldn't be necessary tho, you can even meet all dialogues solo but that requires metaknowledge).

I'd say go with spreading all companion skills evenly. That way switching a companion out of the party won't leave gaps in skill coverage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...