Random video game news... may the dice be with you!

Gorth

Haven't heard about this game yet... cinematic trailer is well made though. I wish GW would create feature movies for us (well, me!) to consume.

Continued from the original series...

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wow, looks like SEGA have partnered with GOG, and the first game released is Alien Isolation.... Now to hope that all Yakuza and other gems of their, will find it's way there as well :o

https://www.gog.com/en/news/play_the_thrilling_alien_isolation_as_sega_is_partnering_with_gog

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

10 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Wow, looks like SEGA have partnered with GOG, and the first game released is Alien Isolation.... Now to hope that all Yakuza and other gems of their, will find it's way there as well :o

https://www.gog.com/en/news/play_the_thrilling_alien_isolation_as_sega_is_partnering_with_gog

The problem with GOG is that it is all nice and well but I own at least two copies of Isolation already. Not gonna rebuy it on GOG. Not being able to get bigger releases day 1 really hurts them, I think.

2 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

The problem with GOG is that it is all nice and well but I own at least two copies of Isolation already. Not gonna rebuy it on GOG. Not being able to get bigger releases day 1 really hurts them, I think.

Well, I am GOG exclusive PC gamer, so for me this is a big news :) And hope, that other japanese publishers will notice this, and join as well :)

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, not their fault obviously but not even knowing when a game will release there until it does hurts somewhat. Compare with say, Epic Store exclusivity where even if someone is ardently against them, they know exactly when that exclusivity ends.

Me, I have a pretty big itch to play Rogue Legacy 2. But I want it either on GOG, or on Microsoft Store with Play Anywhere support. I might even have gambled on Play Anywhere being added eventually if it was purchasable for PC from Microsoft, but nope. That said, $22.50AUD on EGS (vs $36AUD on Steam) is at least getting close enough to where double dipping in the future wouldn't hurt *that* much.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

A report on loot boxes by the Norwegian Consumer Council:

Loot boxes have been the source of several controversies already. NCC demonstrates in its report numerous problematic practices related to Loot boxes including:

• Exploiting cognitive biases and vulnerabilities of consumers through deceptive design and marketing
  • Using layers of virtual currencies to mask/distort real-world monetary costs
  • Targeting loot boxes and manipulative practices towards minors

An obvious need for further regulation and consumer protection

The video games industry is one of the largest entertainment industries in the world. The industry has historically generated revenue largely from the sale of video games, but in-game purchases are an increasingly significant source of revenue.

However, the video game sector has so far largely evaded regulatory scrutiny. Its business models are technically complex or novel and video games are considered a niche market by many authorities.

Due to the sheer size of the market and the number of affected consumers, NCC and participating organisations are calling for a number of measures from EU and national authorities. These include a ban on deceptive design (or ‘dark patterns’), extra protections for minors, and improved transparency (so that consumers know what they are really purchasing).

https://www.beuc.eu/press-media/news-events/loot-boxes-how-gaming-industry-manipulates-and-exploits-consumers

https://www.forbrukerradet.no/report-on-loot-boxes-insert-coin/

Nothing particularly new, except the application of AI.
At the moment only 2 countries have banned loot boxes, Belgium and the Netherlands. I would welcome a full ban on any loot boxes and in-game currencies, which would effectively destroy f2p games.
---
To avoid double posting.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/itchios-queer-games-bundle-is-back-offering-hundreds-of-games-for-pride-month
Link to the $10 bundle: https://itch.io/b/1405/queer-games-bundle-2022-pay-what-you-can-edition
There are a lot of visual novels, walking simulators, and demos of questionable quality, several decent games include:

• Lucah: Born of a Dream and its sequel's demo
  • 2064: Read Only Memories
  • A Mortician's Tale
  • Adaca
  • Titan Tactics
  • The North
  • Lofty Quest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well I have few titles now I am interested in and just waiting for them to show up on GoG. There are very few titles these days I want ASAP so GoG is my backlog now

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, not their fault obviously but not even knowing when a game will release there until it does hurts somewhat.

Or even If it will happen. I don't know what is the policy but for some people devs seem unable to confirm intention of releasing on GOG. It happened to me that I bought a game on steam assuming there will be no GOG release, only for the game to pop up there couple hours/days later. They lost couple full price sales from me like that.

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Alpha Protocol when?

• Like 6

Free games updated 3/4/21

38 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Dammit. You always manage to beat me to the Solasta announcements. :)

hahaha! I got email yesterday, and literally the first thing I did after returning from work is check if they posted something more publically and if you shared it before me 😛

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

hahaha! I got email yesterday, and literally the first thing I did after returning from work is check if they posted something more publically and if you shared it before me 😛

I'll blame it on the weeds. I have a good-sized flower garden (my other hobby) and I had spent two hours pulling weeds yesterday evening where my whole body was wracked with pain so much so that I couldn't even drag myself to my computer to check email. Did that only this morning. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Alpha Protocol when?

I'm sure it would be one of the top picks from GOG's pov. Maybe they'll be bothered enough to relicense, or replace the licensed music with "Increase Volume Setting on Wireless" style muzak. Don't think there's much chance that Sega will be though.

13 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Dammit. You always manage to beat me to the Solasta announcements. :)

Wormie !!! Stop trying to beat Kanie the whole time, this is a gaming forum and not a competition 

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pros: I'm all for weird Korean mind**** mystery/drama.

Cons: The gameplay seems to be entirely QTEs.

It looks like a David Cage game, except not made by David Cage, so presumably much better.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Confused 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm so confused. There is a new Call of Duty trailer, but the game is called Modern Warfare 2 ... but MW2 was released in 2009? Is this a remaster or something? It looks completely different than the old game, I have no idea.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Metro 2033 author put on Russian government 'wanted' list for condemning invasion of Ukraine

There was always an anti-authoritarian bent to the writing in both the novel and game series for <<Metro>>, and in <<Metro 2035>> and <<Exodus>> a major plot point was...

...that the powers that be had all outside communications jammed on the shaky justification that NATO was still out there ready to finish things if they realised there was a pocket of human settlement still in the Moscow Metro (largely implied that if anything the west was in as bad shape as post-apocalyptic Russia was).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling