Hello Everyone,

I'd like your thoughts about the best way to use Tekehu as an SC Watershaper, before he gets Greater Maelstrom (1 button win!) . The way I see it, his excels at being more of a offensive caster, and healer as well. 

As a druid, lacking the beast spells really makes it hard. Form of the delegman is on one of the best defensive spells , for the +6 AR for pierce and other ARs.... but he lacks it. Likewise, the insect plague spells are so strong, but he cannot use most of them. On another note, a chanter/druid can use the invocation for + AR slash/fire AND the + AR pierce, shock etc. from Delegman.. enough to handle almost any encounter.  While Moonwell is good, I feel like it is better to have stronger AR to begin with. 

What he excels at is of course the foe only chillfog, stacked on with other spells that are foe only. The healing is good but honestly on POTD upscaled I prefer having higher AR , to avoid being in a bad position healthwise in the first place.  

2. I am still not sure it is worth giving him Lord Darroyns Volgue (my favorite melee weapon). This run, I am focusing on disengagement builds via party that uses terrify and crowd control. I think my SC fearmonger could use it quite well, or even Eder as an disengagement focused tank.  Basically, for +PL Storm spell, the difference is .8 PEN , 2 damage, and .4 longer stun. Convince me otherwise, but I think it isn't worth giving up such a valuable weapon that has shock only melee dmg! Besides, Crusted Swordfish can already boost the PEN into such a high range. Let me know your thoughts!

with + PL for storm 

image.png.3b721d8aff6d7b382195c04ae160eb3a.png

Without +3 PL

image.png.5da7b2fb222ff9fa1e7eb51ca3b8bf00.png

1 hour ago, NotDumbEnough said:

I mostly play him as a healer with Spine of Thicket Green, Chill Fog is very useful for negating enemy damage output and Watery Double is fairly useful if you cast it while Spiritshifted.

That is a nice idea. I think he really excels at the role of healing, especially before he gets to PL 9. I never thought about using watery double to duplicate a spiritshifted Tekehu. Brilliant idea! 

These days I give him Effort and enchant it with Hemorrhaging because that also works with all crits, not only weapon crits. If you add Hylea's Talons you can generate ebven more crits per spellcast (because the DoT on the gloves also does a hit roll that can crit). Even before getting Avenging Storm (which procs on Hemorrhaging hit rolls bc. it originates from the weapon) it's cool to cause hobbled or sickened as additional CC effects on the fly while casting Chillfog, Wicked Briars, Tanglefoot and so on. Later add Avenging Storm and of course Maelstrom and he's wiping ads (which are usually more prone to receiving crits) like few other characters. Venombloom is lso excellent with this because it does 3 attack rolls every 3 secs (loads of chances for crit rolls which all trigger Hemorrhaging which in turn triggers Hylea's Talons and Avenging Storm - which when those crit trigger Hemorrhaging again and so on and so loop).

Effort + Taste of the Hunt is also a pretty decent combo during mid levels. The combined DoTs melt tough foes pretty nicely (if you can reliably hit). 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Effort + Taste of the Hunt is also a pretty decent combo during mid levels. The combined DoTs melt tough foes pretty nicely (if you can reliably hit). 

I haven't played with a party in a while but at least solo, Bekarna's Observatory is not a place I usually clean early/mid level... :)

(unless I'm an Assassin and can just cheese the hell out of both maps).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

These days I give him Effort and enchant it with Hemorrhaging because that also works with all crits, not only weapon crits. If you add Hylea's Talons you can generate ebven more crits per spellcast (because the DoT on the gloves also does a hit roll that can crit). Even before getting Avenging Storm (which procs on Hemorrhaging hit rolls bc. it originates from the weapon) it's cool to cause hobbled or sickened as additional CC effects on the fly while casting Chillfog, Wicked Briars, Tanglefoot and so on. Later add Avenging Storm and of course Maelstrom and he's wiping ads (which are usually more prone to receiving crits) like few other characters. Venombloom is lso excellent with this because it does 3 attack rolls every 3 secs (loads of chances for crit rolls which all trigger Hemorrhaging which in turn triggers Hylea's Talons and Avenging Storm - which when those crit trigger Hemorrhaging again and so on and so loop).

Wow that is an OP ability. I will have to try it ! thank you for the insight. 

• Like 1