warhammer 40k: rogue trader

Owlcat games are far from perfect, but they're good enough to pour 100 hours into each game. Perfect is the enemy of good. I am glad to see somebody tackling a tactical RPG in this setting. Some day perhaps we'll even see one for WFRP.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

1 hour ago, rjshae said:

Owlcat games are far from perfect, but they're good enough to pour 100 hours into each game. Perfect is the enemy of good. I am glad to see somebody tackling a tactical RPG in this setting. Some day perhaps we'll even see one for WFRP.

the problem is not how much time in total was spend in the game

but how much of it was wasted and easily avoidable

like those awful puzzle

and long pages of text copy directly from aon

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

the problem is not how much time in total was spend in the game

but how much of it was wasted and easily avoidable

like those awful puzzle

and long pages of text copy directly from aon

Tastes vary I suppose. I read pretty fast and only one of the puzzles was particularly annoying. But you get that in many similar games.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

6 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Tastes vary I suppose. I read pretty fast and only one of the puzzles was particularly annoying. But you get that in many similar games.

used to read thousand page of pathfinder for fun

and reading description in kingmaker still suck

wotr at least have the keyword link thing deadfire had

Edited by uuuhhii

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Oner said:

I love her little purity seal 😂

I'm a little bit dissapointed that they have a Space Marine from the Space Wolf chapter, one from Storm Wardens would've been neat since they based in the neighbouring Calixi sector.

I wonder what ruleset they are going to use, if they are going to adapt Fantasy Flight games tabletop rules or if they are going to use their own 🤔

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

21 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I think they said adapted Fantasy Flight 

18 hours ago, Oner said:

Yeah that's what they said.

If this is the case, y'all better put atleast 40 into Toughness from the start :p

Do you have a source that I can read?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The interstellar peddlers of make up are as old as Rogue Trader itself (1987)... followed by Adeptus Astartes chapters using lethal trigonometry (The Dark Angles and the Blood Angles)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

next wednesday, eh?

admitted am not interested in being part o' the alpha, but am gonna be positive 'bout the milestone occurring earlier than we had anticipated. sure, we saw at twitter the alpha were gonna begin before end o' the year, but am nevertheless a smidge surprised.

does owlcat enforce a hardcore nda for alpha testers? if not perhaps shady (if he does alpha) shares feedback. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I only get beta access with my purchase level and I'm not even sure I'll bother unless I get too curious. I want to play early but I don't want to actually test anything and I don't expect a very polished alpha.. or beta... or even release.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I wouldn't mind being an alpha/beta tester, but I'm not doing no work for free, much less paying for the "privilege".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShadySands said:

First, levels should be called "rank" atleast to pay homage to the OG game. I'm not liking what seems like the wound("HP") count, the most I've seen in a real game was 28, at the highest possible rank. It makes me think things are going to be spongy. It's hard to say though since we know nothing about the gear, but if they bother with even a small fraction of what is actually available to use, and if they stay relatively close to what damages are in the base game, it's going to be tanky as ****. Though I do like the veil idea.

Edit; Seems he has a couple of more videos

I really dislike how they've "adapted" the rules from the tabletop. I dislike Action Points, their armor absorption system seems overly convoluted compared to tabletop and they seem to have dropped the base d10 system for weapon damage. It's a shame, the ttrpg system was pretty well balanced though punishing if you did things like stand in the open.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It'd be heresy if they didn't. That said, already looking pretty heretical to me.