Request to extend storage range

What I mean by this is the range that player made constructs such as workbenches, grinders, glue factories, ovens and spinning wheels can directly access your chests' inventory. I'm finding myself clustering everything together and its getting a little too difficult to do without cluttering up my workshop area. I build multiples of everything, so my work area is just packed with constructs. Hopefully with an increased access range, I can space everything out more without sacrificing convenience.

• Like 1

I too, agree with this. I feel I have to cluster everything together and then even sometimes a certain workstation won't be able to access one type of item. Another feature I miss is, (I swear when it first released on xbox) you didn't have to have the materials on you to build something from blueprint, It would work if a chest was nearby and you could just build it that way as long as the chest had the required items in it.

• Like 1

I don't know if that feature existed before or not, but I love the sound of not needing to have items on my person in order to build certain things. I've never had an issue managing my backpack space, but the less I have to carry, the better.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:55 AM, Mr Shinythings said:

What I mean by this is the range that player made constructs such as workbenches, grinders, glue factories, ovens and spinning wheels can directly access your chests' inventory. I'm finding myself clustering everything together and its getting a little too difficult to do without cluttering up my workshop area. I build multiples of everything, so my work area is just packed with constructs. Hopefully with an increased access range, I can space everything out more without sacrificing convenience.

The work stations do not have a range for chests it is directly connected to the location of the player 

2 hours ago, Dustlessjet519 said:

The work stations do not have a range for chests it is directly connected to the location of the player 

Can you expand on that? Cuz I'm not seeing how that can be the case. If the chest is right next to my workbench, it accesses it's contents. If I move it across the room, it doesn't. Not seeing how my location affects anything. 

• 1 year later...