Shield Upgrading

Really hoping the devs let us upgrade shields at some point, especially for those of us who want to play the game on "Whoa". Also would like a new shield type. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I love grinding out resources to max out all my equipment, so bring on more upgrades!

• Like 1

I can get behind this 100%. I hate that all of my armor and weapons can be repaired with repair glue but I still have to carry around and keep a stock of black ant parts to repair my shield. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested in the discord so hopefully that will be coming in the future.

• Like 2

Is it weird that I'm kinda hoping they'll be more difficult? I've seen a lot of people say they dislike how difficult the game is for them, but I personally want more of a challenge. And more infected enemies. Like an infected orb weaver, or broodmother. It seriously feels like the devs have millions of options of where they can go from here.

idk about the infected stuff but I'm with you on making things at least somewhat harder. I play on Whoa and I eventually hit a point that I can solo orb weaver raids at my hedge base with nothing but my sleek black ant armor, Salty termite axe, black ant shield and lots of roasts.

I'm hoping they add a tier 3 shield at some point. Maybe a rolly polly shield or a green shield bug shield. Something designed like a tower shield. Maybe it could have bonus to blocking strength or decreased damage and stamina usage while blocking. And being upgradable of course. I also don't see why we can't use spears while blocking as that's typically how one would use a spear and shield combo.