Remove the bug base attack feature just added

At least change it so we can toggle custom settings and TURN IT OFF if we don't want it!! Or don't make it a "custom setting" at all - make it a regular option, like arachnophobia mode. 

• Like 2

At this point I'm over it and have made peace with my weevil roach infestation. 

Probably because while infested with weevils I'm submerged in mosquitoes as well 🤦🏿‍♂️.

I absolutely detest this part of the newest update. I could've also done without jumping spiders but ok whatever I still love the game and feel like it's getting better and better. 

Edited by SufferNSilence1
Missed a little

It doesn’t make sense that bugs would be smart enough to get annoyed and retaliate but you wouldn’t be able to facilitate a friendship and tame them. Plus, there is no way to AVOID killing them. You can with red ants by equipping the red ant armor, but that doesn’t work with other bugs. So, unless they add in the armors to make those bugs neutral to you(bees are meant to be but they decide to attack me when I’m walking on the picnic table??), then they will always be angry at you when you need to go into their lairs/areas for resources. Or simply to harvest the bugs for resources themselves with no way to appease them afterwards. Is there a cool down?? It’s not a good feature. I also have a million weevils running around outside, which is harmless but looks really strange. I kill all I see and the next day there are just as many.

• Like 2

The aphids and weevils don't actually raid your base. They aren't a faction as they are harmless. I'd say that if you are having an over abundance of them at your base it's because of where you are built or the little guys just really like your base. I've killed hundreds of them each and never gotten a "payback incoming" from them. Actually the only faction that has raided my base so far has been the orb weavers and that's only because I'm built inside their territory (The hedge), and the raids only happen every 6-9 in game days (it actually seems like it takes longer than that before they decide to attack and they are based on how much you kill them, invade their space, or encroach on their territory. If the presence of that many aphids or weevils is an issue I'd suggest filing a support ticket with the devs. They have heard the community about the faction raids, which is something they've said would be happening early into the early access, so hopefully make it toggleable thing for people who don't want them. From what they've said though it doesn't seem to be possible atm with older, non custom, saves. 

I like the idea of raids, but I feel it should be something players can opt into, rather than required to turn off via customized settings. 

On steam discussions, I see people worried about achievements / customized settings, feeling that their forced to do the raids & also players that have built a kingdom, only to have it destroyed & feeling that it's all been for nothing. 

I normally opt to play in custom settings, and the raids aren't a bother for me, but I do sympathize with my fellow players. 

• Like 2