Walls not stopping bugs ?

I have this with red ants. Even with moderate elevation, I've returned to base and have found a handful of red ants. 

I also notice how often red ants become lodged into boulders, generally at the start when I build a temporary, small, base. 

Yes....the Wolf Spiders Houdini Act it back. New jump moves....kind of cool. Not staying around to watch with level 0 armor and a sprig bow.....but, still cool. Respawning instantly and phasing through walls? Not a fan. And when did they start patrolling the Oak Tree every minute in broad day light? Inquiring minds would like to know. 🥴 

• Like 1

Hello. I keep having a problem where insects keep spawning inside my base. i have been raided and my bases are build on scaffolding that are closed off with walls. in the raid there insects are spawned between the scaffolding and i need to brake my base to get to them as well.

I live by the oak tree and have had multiple wolf spiders somehow magically get through my walls and attack me. I’m lucky that I’m already far in the game and can defend myself and repair my home but to new users, it would be game breakingly annoying to die while you’re meant to be safe. 

I also had build gates by the oak tree entrances to keep the spiders contained for easy killing/harvesting but they somehow get through those as well now. 

I also have a bunch of red ants spawn or get through the walls and start getting into my stuff, eating my food. Weevils and aphids also somehow get in and I built a section of my home upon the rocks by the pond, so I didn’t need to build a floor in that building really but there are grubs somehow going through the rock? I can see their trail going across the floor lol 

• Like 2

Still a BIG   problem....especially for new players at low levels. Or when starting a new playthrough. I had to abandon one game because of this recurring nightmare.....too many Wolf Spiders in one area (Oak Tree), respawn rate is overnight (at best) or instantly (at worse), and Wolf Spiders/Orb Weavers/Ants phasing through walls, palisades and even mushroom brick walls. I believe the Obsidian team fixed this before....with success. Hope it's on they're list and soon to be resolved. Willow would greatly appreciate the help, guys. She's stuck on a lily pad watching the parade of patrolling Wolf Spiders and hoping for a break. 🙄

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 11:44 AM, LadyBugWins said:

Still a BIG   problem....especially for new players at low levels. Or when starting a new playthrough. I had to abandon one game because of this recurring nightmare.....too many Wolf Spiders in one area (Oak Tree), respawn rate is overnight (at best) or instantly (at worse), and Wolf Spiders/Orb Weavers/Ants phasing through walls, palisades and even mushroom brick walls. I believe the Obsidian team fixed this before....with success. Hope it's on they're list and soon to be resolved. Willow would greatly appreciate the help, guys. She's stuck on a lily pad watching the parade of patrolling Wolf Spiders and hoping for a break. 🙄

Yah I really enjoyed getting killed every night on a new game because a wolf spider would patrol past the initial field station just before I went to bed.  I had to spend all day making a tower 5 stories tall just to be absolutely sure they wouldn't bite me in the ass.  So far so good, but still, a little hot for a start location.

• Like 1

Oh....how I know the feeling!🥴 Got so tired of dying every time I put one toe on the ground anywhere near the oak tree that I finally put everything else in the game on hold. And built Jurassic Park Barricades. Some of them work.....others, well.....watched a wolf spider and his girlfriend phase right through two. (Sigh) Think I'll dig grubs elsewhere. Don't fret.....I'll be back! At level 12, armed and dangerous. Revenge is only a few upgrades away. 😠 Are we having fun yet?  PS: Built a few towers as well. :) 

• Haha 1

This happens a lot with palisades when you build them slightly above the ground to make it even with the one beside it.  Its just a crack at the bottom, but had weevils and ants able to get through even though its way too small for them.   I sink the palisades into ground so there is no crack at the bottom and this never happens, but now got ragged looking palisades.  You cannot stack palisades either so just have to live with it.  Not sure if you can stack palisades onto a stem wall, but maybe that is the way to do it.

Wolf spiders are only 3 at the oak tree and if you don't walk around blindly you won't have any big problems. When we started the game we died a lot but eventually we got it right and adjusted to it. We play hard.

That thing with the ones slipping through the walls and in stones should finally be done away with. That would be really nice.