--- pistol ---

For pistols I would include a Ranger. A Ranger has the ability "Gunner" and "Driving Flight" which are both quite nice for a pistol user, especially if he/she uses Scordeo's Trophy or Eccea's Arcane Blaster. 

I personally like a single handed pistol best because its modal, in combination with one-handed usage, is both fast and accurate and awesome with autoattacks. 

A good second class would be Cipher, Rogue or Chanter. If you use a Chanter with Sure Handed Ila then dual wielding pistols without using the modal becomes a nice option. Sure-Handed Ila and the pistol modal won't stack their reloading speed bonuses - so going dual wielding + Two Weapon Style + Sure-Handed Ila will be faster than single-handed usage and will have a bit better accuracy (but no added crit conversion). 

--- arquebus ---

For an arquebus I prefer Ranger/Chanter with Sure-Handed-Ila because of the speed, but Ranger/Rogue or Chanter/Rogue are also good. A very potent combination is Troubadour/Streetfighter. Mainly because you can use the upgraded Whisp summons of the Chanter to distract/flank yourself (unlocking the passive of the Streetfighter) which stacks his 50% reloading bonus with Sure Handed Ila's, giving you the highest reloading speed possible while also giving you great per-shot damage via Sneak Attack + Myth Fir chant (burning lash).

But it takes a while to get access to both Sure-Handed Ila and the Whisps. Until then it's still a Rogue shooting an arquebus - so it's not bad at all. It's just so that once you unlock Whisps and Sure-Handed-Ila the build totally takes off. Especially with the Red Hand arquebus. 

Generally speaking Ranger/Rogue is always a solid option no matter the details.

--- blunderbuss ---

The best "gunslinger" option in my opinion is a single class Monk with Hand Mortar and Fire in the Hole - but that's bunderbusses, not pistols or arquebuses.

Anything Streetfighter with blunderbuss(es) is also very good because the modal of blunderbusses unlocks the Streetfighter passive all the time. Very good in combination with Monk, too - in order to spam "Stunning Surge" with very high speed and dmg per hit. Ranger/Monk is also very nice because Stunning Surge hobs with Driving Flights, including all the AoE from the mortars.

But a SC Monk gets Resonant Touch and Whispers of the Wind in the end which are just pure devastation with dual mortar blunderbusses. 

Funnily enough a SC Druid with Avenging Storm is also very good with mortars (especially Hand Mortar) because Blinding Smoke and the jumping AoEs all trigger Avengimg Storm's lightning strikes. But it's a long way to PL 8 in order to get Avenging Storm so I wouldn't recommend it for a first playthrough. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i'm here again. Finished with Rogue/Ranger, that was cool but I miss my cipher. Is there a caster build using bow/guns to increase concentration and spending it with many spells? I've heard something about Cipher/Ranger with coldbow and ascendant.

Edited by LeoAugustina

On 5/13/2022 at 5:00 AM, LeoAugustina said:

Hello i'm here again. Finished with Rogue/Ranger, that was cool but I miss my cipher. Is there a caster build using bow/guns to increase concentration and spending it with many spells? I've heard something about Cipher/Ranger with coldbow and ascendant.

Yes, ascendant/ghostheart or ascendant/arcane archer with Frostseeker are both very fun and strong combos. Very effective to use either as archer/cipher, dpending on what you need.