Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

I rather enjoy these puzzle rooms:

gCIXxxv.jpg

I would not be opposed to tossing WB some money for a DLC with more puzzle rooms, provided the price is fair for the amount of puzzles included.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 minute ago, Keyrock said:

I rather enjoy these puzzle rooms:

Yeah, that was a decent one. The design of some of the puzzles in the game, even some of the treasure vaults, seem nicely designed where the objective or general tactic was easy or immediate to see but sometimes took me several tries to get the right pattern/exact routine or figure out the right "tools" or whatever so it still gives a sense of satisfaction.

I wish tho that the player-character didn't give verbal cues or "hey that must be where the quest-person wanted me to go!" constantly - not just re: puzzles but thru the entire game. In the long run that aspect was a negative for me.  I would've preferred a silent protagonist in this case. 😛 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This is the best Merlin Trial I've done so far:

HhvhW2G.jpg

The receptacle is at the top of that hill in the middle of the picture, the boulder in the ravine below, but that grade is way too steep to go up directly. So I took the long way around.

PgemsXK.jpg

Then it was a matter of finding the right spot to drop the boulder from. This trial would have been hell with Depulso because you have to go a looooong way around, so I used Wingardium Levioso.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I may suddenly be at least a little re-interested.   :shifty:

Hogwarts-00039.jpg

Hogwarts-00040.jpg

Hogwarts-00041.jpg

...you can't actually have more than one. To get the first screenie I dismissed one, and ran alongside him while he was walking away to teleport. Using this mod alone, not all will cast spells. Sadly the headmaster was one of those, what a stuffy dunderhead. Prof. Sharp however, cast spells and cursed. That's the only two I've tried so far. They both said a few lines as we wandered, probably lines they'd say if you encountered them in Hogwart's, nothing special. I'd guess some would be total silence tho.
...do not have one out during their actual quests, dismiss them first. This mod doesn't duplicate the NPC's, it teleports them to you.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've started a new game of Kingdom Come. I played it when it came out originally and enjoyed it, but now I have the DLC. I just finished Theresa's story, and boy is she a more interesting character than Henry. It's actually a bit hard to go back to playing Henry the Dolt after Theresa and her very well done prologue. By the end of her short story, she was a master locksmith, she saved a bunch of people, she had first aid skills, and took down a bunch of Cumans with her sharpshooting skills. Oh and she had a wonderful dog. I mean, Henry is fine, but he doesn't really match up.

edit: doh, meant to put this in a different thread. I have no screenshots for you people. :p

xpyzpuegqii01.jpg?auto=webp&s=9dbffce65a

Edited by Hurlshort
  • Haha 1

@LadyCrimsonI believe I completed the Merlin Trial you had trouble with:

UopaWLJ.jpg

QKXPf6K.jpg

FGrATj8.jpg

I had no problem with it. I used Depulso to jump the ramp with the boulder. The key is getting the boulder set up in the right spot in front of the ramp. You can body block the boulder to stop it from rolling, run ahead of it after you push it with Depulso to stop it in the right spot. I wound up stopping the boulder a bit too far from the ramp, so I did a second Depulso after the initial push to make sure the boulder cleared the gap.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got the phoenix (there's only 1 in the game):

goseeXm.jpg

I wasn't expecting a 4th vivarium, but I'll take it.

pSn7PPP.jpg

Now I just need a unicorn and a graphorn to complete the collection.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

4th vivarium

It doesn't quite end there. 😛 It's a bit of a gripe of mine, as a building-sim fan, that every time the room expands, it removes all wall deco (you do get the moonstone back I think), or suddenly anything you put on the floor may be in a weird looking spot, so there is no point in personal decorating until the end of the game. The design of it all is very nice looking tho, they did a good job with that.

35 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

It's a bit of a gripe of mine, as a building-sim fan, that every time the room expands, it removes all wall deco (you do get the moonstone back I think)

I'm not worried about the moonstone. I don't know why they even bothered making it a resource when it's so ludicrously ubiquitous. I've never come close to running out of it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh yeah, by mid-game that's not really an issue. It's just if you spent a lot of your moonstone when you get the first main RoR rooms, it might feel more significant. Had 300-500, spent a few hundred, that kind of thing. 999 is the max you can hold anyway. It's more just that some likely wasted a ton of time deco'ing before getting vivariums etc. Annoying.

Edited by LadyCrimson

One of my attempts to make a "oh this looks cool" show up in a screenshot. :lol:
Hogwarts-00043.jpg

Oh, so that's what they look like (since you're usually so far away from them)
-godmode cheat used so I didn't have to attack - Ansel works when enemies attack, just not when your chr. is doing any attack/animation
Hogwarts-00044.jpg

Screenshot Citizen ;)

One from the FPS event earlier this year (Siege of Orison)
ScreenShot-2023-01-24_21-36-28-208.jpg

Pretty sunrises and sunsets
ScreenShot-2023-02-01_03-44-46-787.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-02-02_00-17-26-0E7.jpg

Hoth Microtech looking pretty.
ScreenShot-2023-02-05_00-06-55-2C3.jpg

The ship in the above screenshots (the "Constellation Andromeda") was supposed to be the largest player ownable ship at the time of the Kickstarter, things got a bit out of hand. For example, this is my character standing next to the front landing gear of an Origin 890 Jump space-yacht, which is classed as a capital-size ship...
ScreenShot-2023-02-06_03-11-02-063.jpg

Below is the one other capital ship available in game right now, the Reclaimer. I do hope the buildings around it maybe give some perspective as to the size. This one I actually got to fly as on the PTU (test server) they tend to hand out ships to try new game loops, since salvaging is new, and this is a capital-size salvaging ship everyone got one to derp around with.

I decided to just fly it to a planetary outpost and land it on the largest landing pad available (which only the landing gear fits on. Barely. It overhangs the pad by almost the size of the pad on both ends...). Then I found out there are actually only a few places in the system this thing can actually officially land and be stored/serviced. Welp.

This ship looks small in space, and then you put it down like this. Star Citizen does manage to drive home that sense of scale.
ScreenShot-2023-02-15_02-43-20-FEF.jpg

Talking about landing, perfect touchdown with the Connie.
ScreenShot-2023-02-21_02-38-37-6C1.jpg

And dang, there's a queue to get in again... (this is actually a bug as these NPCs were body-blocking me from getting in)
ScreenShot-2023-03-01_00-24-36-667.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's nice to use Ansel in combat. Combat animations are still not very still-screen photogenic, however.
unrelated ... wish they would allow you to look up and down while flying. Not sure why they limited that one.

Hogwarts-00045.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

There. 
I still have a few missing (non-revello) pages and conjurations, but not many.

Hogwarts-00047.jpg

After 8 tries finally got that last broom side quest, and you know what that means - I finally have this complete outfit!  :luck:
Hogwarts-00046.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2