Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

I think it turned to Autumn, color wise? More night scenics. imo game looks best at sunrise/sunset/night
Hogwarts-00014a.jpg

Hogwarts-00015a.jpg

Gotta pay the respects!
Hogwarts-00017a.jpg

Yes I love cats, but this is just nightmare fuel. ๐Ÿ˜›
Hogwarts-00018a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

Hogwarts-00019.jpg

...Deek is an argument for why some NPC's shouldn't be given idle lines. He stands in your "personal rooms" 100% because you have to talk to him if you want to change the room's mood lighting, and he spouts a few things depending what you're doing the most of. If you're in there for a minute, no biggie. If you're in there for an hour....
...at least I finally got my Beast taming/collecting ability. Time to collect more.

• Confused 1
โ€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.โ€ โ€“ Alan Watts

17 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

Hogwarts-00019.jpg

...Deek is an argument for why some NPC's shouldn't be given idle lines. He stands in your "personal rooms" 100% because you have to talk to him if you want to change the room's mood lighting, and he spouts a few things depending what you're doing the most of. If you're in there for a minute, no biggie. If you're in there for an hour....
...at least I finally got my Beast taming/collecting ability. Time to collect more.

You can't imagine how inconvenient travel was before I invented floo powder.:shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธRFK Jr 2024๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Bokishi said:

@LadyCrimsonIs the second screenshot without fog as well? I see some in the distance. Looks good!

Yes. I think at a certain super-far distance the color tone changes making it look like fog, like in this screen. Or it's the clouds. Or it's the r.DepthOfField.FarBlur that I set to 1 instead of 0. No idea. :lol: Mostly I try to angle or zoom/in-out the camera so the too-sharp/clear isn't in the shot much.
I also tried to get rid of the general vignette/edge blurring by putting r.Tonemapper.Quality=1ย  under [SystemSettings] - it seems to "mostly" work but it's hard to tell at times. At least the private room isn't all fuzzy with the Moonlight light.
No fog doesn't seem to apply to the Beast vivarium tho. Separated from main game.

I haven't done much deco in the private areas. For one thing I haven't found very many deco items to use, and I was waiting until I had all the rooms. I think there's more than what I currently have.

Hogwarts-00021.jpg

19 hours ago, Keyrock said:

You can't imagine how inconvenient travel was before I invented floo powder.:shifty:

:shifty::lol:

https://www.nexusmods.com/hogwartslegacy/mods/95?tab=description

I haven't tried it. The creator is taking requests/thinking about others to remove a few other notables. So many requests. lol.

"It seems all roads lead to Hogsmede!"

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

:shifty::lol:

https://www.nexusmods.com/hogwartslegacy/mods/95?tab=description

I haven't tried it. The creator is taking requests/thinking about others to remove a few other notables. So many requests. lol.

"It seems all roads lead to Hogsmede!"

Youย can't imagine how inconvenient travel was before Iย invented flooย powder might become the new I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.ย :teehee:

I'll give the mod a try, hopefully they make a mod to silence Deek too. It's too bad he's not voiced by Wil Wheaton, then the mod could be called "Shut Up Wesley".

Edited by Keyrock

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

:lol:
Hogwarts-00022.jpg

I could make a joke re: capturing a unicorn but I shall refrain.
Hogwarts-00023.jpg

Haven't found/caught a "cat" yet but this will do.
Hogwarts-00024.jpg

Random NPC activity scenery.
Hogwarts-00025.jpg

I can now fly best-boi. The pre-order dark version is almost too dark for my liking.
Hogwarts-00026.jpg

Although to be honest, the broom still feels easier to use/land and sight-see with. As Bokishi already pointed out, can't use Ansel with either, tho. Boo.
Hogwarts-00028.jpg

Finally got some cat-beasts. I am going to dedicate one vivarium to them and fill it with only cats. Then I will put out the yarn ball toy and watch them all chase and play. It was so cute with just three, I bet max will be even better! I spent too long watching/running around trying to get pictures (not easy, they're too fast).
Hogwarts-00027.jpg

YFJ4oMu.jpg

Album cover "Greatest hits of His Mailed Fist"

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Somewhere around the time the forum went crazy I completed my second Cyberpunk 2077 playthrough. Some of the better shots from throughout that campaign that I don't think I've shared yet.

Kerry quest spoilers

Spoiler

Backscratchies!
photomode_30092022_003051.png

I was tempted to skip it, but ended up doing that mission anyway, because completionism is a disease...
2022-12-22_0351_1.png

If you know, you know...
2022-12-22_2151_3.png

Hangin' with the homies2022-12-22_2229_1.png

I think taking a screenshot at this point is mandatory...
2022-12-23_0036_3.png

And so it ends...

Spoiler

photomode_23122022_010138.png

2022-12-23_0112_6.png

Or does it?
photomode_23122022_012845.png

ย 

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Been playing another game quite a bit recently, much to my surprise after my experience with it not that many months ago...

Totally not a dinky bar...
ScreenShot-2023-01-19_01-36-12-5AE.jpg

Cloud city!
ScreenShot-2023-01-21_03-14-01-A5A.jpg

Somewhere else... ;)
ScreenShot-2023-01-25_14-13-30-384.jpg

Hoth?
ScreenShot-2023-01-25_20-53-26-A1B.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-01-26_01-35-46-3AB.jpg

Game's still a mess, but I've actually been able to get things done, and well, it sure is pretty ;)

More eyecandy (and that's enough spamming for the dayย :biggrin:)

Spoiler

I join the "Ooops, still had FPS counter on when I took this screenshot"-club...
ScreenShot-2023-01-26_20-35-08-2C5.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-01-29_02-19-31-82A.jpg

City lights
ScreenShot-2023-01-29_20-41-15-07D.jpg

ScreenShot-2023-01-29_23-23-09-A6F.jpg

Yeah, >200 degrees Celsius, I think I know why the trees are, err, ex-trees...
ScreenShot-2023-01-30_01-25-51-263.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Without Ansel in combat, one can disable most (or all) UI elements and then record dozens of very short videos and hope you get lucky, but mostly, you do not. From that tho, there aren't that many combat animation variations anyway. But it'd be nice if you could see another angle other than mostly your chr's backside. Oh well!ย  ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

Hogwarts-Vid-14a.jpg

Hogwarts-Vid-10a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

I try each when I get a new one, but so far I've mostly worn the red plaid fedora for ages because reasons ... so thus, there are not enough hats. :shifty:
NotEnoughHats1.jpg

ย 

...I don't have them all yet I'm sure.
...the jackets/robes are even more numerous.

• Haha 1

With a new version of the Ascendio FPS Improving mod, I was able to bump up to a higher quality upscaler setting, hence the FPS counter being back in the screenies, since I'm testing it out thoroughly. So far I've never seen it dip below 60 FPS during gameplay at the new settings. It will dip below 60 during cutscenes occasionally, but I don't care about that. I also tried a different Reshade mod:

Av23Anr.jpg

This one removes most of the fog and makes everything really sharp and more "real" looking. However "real" isn't really what I'm going for in my whimsical fairy tale adventure, plus I'm one of the few weirdos that likes the fog. I'd like to see it maybe thinned out a tad, but not removed almost entirely, so I went back to the Reshade mod I was using before with the high saturation and extra bloom.

v0rh9MU.jpg

nqeiy2K.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

I might've kept the fog if it didn't affect indoors as well as outside and maybe had a larger radius around the chr. that was very low or fog free or something like that so it would remain more distant. The foggy moor look was nice to have in certain places, but the eyestrain was bad for me everywhere else. ๐Ÿ˜•
I tried an ini tweak that supposedly would turn the density of the fog super low, but I didn't notice a difference at all visually from vanilla. Using staring at Hogwart's/its lake a measure, it changed not one iota, so I put it back to no fog.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I made a baby!
Hogwarts-00029.jpg

...not much purpose to it except cuteness. They don't grow into adults, but give same resources, take up a slot in the vivarium, and you can remove/sell them. Trying to breed the "Shiny" versions but they're random spawns, don't have all. Baby hippograff's are not cute. >.>

Edit: the 12 or 16 (I forget, again) limit per vivarium is annoying. They should've allowed 24 at least.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1

Despite Ansel, this is one of those games where while I'm playing on the big screen, everything looks fantastic. So I take a picture. But when I look at them later, they seem so pedestrian/dull (or are spoilers etc).ย  ๐Ÿ˜„ย  Anyway...

I just liked this outfit/hat. Altho I've changed the coat again already.
Hogwarts-00032.jpg

Someone was a little obsessive about teacups?
Hogwarts-00031.jpg

What cha readin', Deek?
Hogwarts-00030.jpg

• Like 1

The screenies look good but they definitely don't do the game justice. Granted, this is true of most games, but more so with Hogwarts Legacy than on average. One of my favorite effects is when you go from a dark area, for example a cave, to the sunny outdoors. As you approach the cave entrance there is a moment when the light is blinding, then it fades as you step outside and things come into view. There is no way to truly capture that in a screenie.

Edited by Keyrock