Picture of Your Games the 15th

HoonDing

To open or not to open?... 🥫🪱    🤔

w9w6uFp.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some Elex 2 screenies from my mountain climb expedition:

jaynvcm.jpeg

Gruesome.

bJbOVPF.jpeg

I've been concentrating on personality skills and stuff like chemistry, animal trophies, and mining to accelerate my AP gain and $ gain (sacrifice the early game for a stronger late game), so I'm still not very strong in combat, even at lev 20. I'm survivable enough that I can explore without too much fear, though.

Bonus FH5 screenie:

tiRqxGm.jpeg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

diablo3-goldgoldgold.jpg

Edit: what happens with a certain Gem equipped while killing repeating waves. The center gets filled too but my "gold pickup radius" snags it.
Also

diablo3-notthecow.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

DLC/Director's Cut or whatever it is, purchased. Let's see if (on PC) I can get farther than the starter area, this time. I might've forgotten how to play, the controls feel all wonky. Still visually/atmospherically impressive tho.

DS-PC-00007a.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I played for about an hour and a half (40% of that time was cutscenes or inventory/order menus or admiring scenery). I saved the game manually twice, but this is how many it creates in total:

DS-PC-toomanysaves.jpg

There is "AutoSave", "Checkpoint Save" and "Manual Save" - you have a certain number allowed of each type/and in total, and then it cycles through again, meaning earlier saves are written over etc. Every single time you access a terminal (which you will do a lot) or any other thing it autosaves. meaning that cycle-over point is rapidly reached.
You cannot delete saves from within the game nor turn auto-saving off.
On console I could go into "save game management" system setting and delete individual ones from there. On the PC I have to dig through a mixed web of multiple-named save folders in the AppData folder trying to figure out by timestamp which saves I want delete. Utterly horrendous. 

Edit: I remember console players complaining about how many MB they rapidly ate up.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Figure enough time has passed, so we're due some more FF XIV screenshots. Fair warning, there may be major spoilers in these, so anyone's not finished the MSQ yet or intends to actually play the game might want to heed the spoiler tags. I'll add whether I consider them light or heavy spoilers where appropriate and I've been careful to pick things that generally need more context, but still, beware!

Me and the homies setting out on a new adventure.
2021-12-04_03-03-49-019_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Spoiler

Mom gave us a flower...
2021-12-05_02-34-33-211_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Potluck dinner with the homies
2021-12-05_02-40-22-784_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Spoiler

Ooops...
2021-12-07_23-30-09-818_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Odd doggo, seems friendly though, odd.
2021-12-07_04-10-16-388_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Spoiler

Kick in the feels incoming...2021-12-08_20-55-46-570_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Daddy got me a dress :w00t:
2021-12-08_23-24-10-887_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Serious face, awkward conversation in 3...2...
2021-12-09_00-45-09-253_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Mom...?
2021-12-09_17-05-43-352_Neneko_Vanilla%2

"No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise! Henceforth, he shall walk!"
2021-12-09_17-14-17-720_Neneko_Vanilla%2

2021-12-09_17-15-37-965_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Revisiting old friends (Heavensward spoiler)

Spoiler

2021-12-09_20-16-18-475_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Second Endwalker Trial major spoilers. I'll say though, this trial made me bother with hard content again after a very negative experience during Shadowbringers. I just *had* to complete this on Extreme mode.

Spoiler

May the crystal keep you and guide you...
2021-12-10_01-15-50-228_Neneko_Vanilla%2

This whole Trial was goosebump inducing...
2021-12-10_01-17-00-148_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Mom? Noooooo...
2021-12-10_02-28-19-360_Neneko_Vanilla%2

6.0 finale spoilers (no story stuff, but the area itself could be considered spoiler)

Spoiler

The Warrior of Light at the end of the universe
2021-12-10_23-36-12-933_Neneko_Vanilla%2

2021-12-10_23-38-54-599_Neneko_Vanilla%2

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

1VRgrRZ.jpg

Oh yes.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Bokishi said:

woot now imgur allowing 16K (with a bit of compression), I remember when this resolution used to crash browsers

Do you have any post-processing or added lighting effects stuff going on there, or is that plain old ray tracing? Game looks nothing like that for me.

Not that I'm about to shell out 800 bucks for a 3070 when next gen is coming out in a bit over half a year but... damn.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

16 hours ago, 213374U said:

Do you have any post-processing or added lighting effects stuff going on there, or is that plain old ray tracing? Game looks nothing like that for me.

Not that I'm about to shell out 800 bucks for a 3070 when next gen is coming out in a bit over half a year but... damn.

No I'm just adjusting contrast and exposure in the game's photo mode. I'm not even running raytracing in those shots, since anything past 4K the RT tanks the game bad (in this gen at least)

I'm liking imgur so far, but it's limitation is that screenshots must be under 5mb to get the full resolution, otherwise it shrinks the shots down to just 5K.

PEL1MFV.jpg

Edited by Bokishi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 213374U said:

I had some issues with blurryness, turning off Chromatic Abberration on top of the already disabled Film Grain (who keeps that on anyway? ;)) made the game look a million times better.

• Thanks 2

yeah, my Elden Ring screenies look nowhere near as good 🥲 but I'll post them anyway!

8aHXG_dTEq05s-Pd7GCRlK51Bqzh-f5nj3R7392t
qhUmT_pokdSSnJsGfUKvDVT-8ZDVWuy8PVIi0sbZ
Wq42QEdJ-UCMCAZaj4btKWnyyLOWSMI9ntR4hNXO
FrSr6qmNFMenz-c9sXMkqnX-EonQ4iPk47mUih-S

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

With the help of a bunch of friends got to a new area in Elden Ring, and honestly, just riding around gathering stuff that just lies around makes the character so much more powerful, not sure why they locked this loot behind a story wall
WR_S-hNCtCp4otC2dNuloeEQh8iuMEz1JSLcaW4f
wpA8mpqeJxHaX4GRmPu8zVxCouZVu9fgiDMayMbW

One of the friends is pictured here, but behind her is the real reason why I'm here: that samurai armor
LqCMe_E9-cbet5-iW08YARW8bGOXBJUQGPwtjjtV

Yoink!
GTZZB2eHoq6zJM22U_G-hii8BcNxJDFM5N2i4nCg

And the other friend, hopefully we'll have many great adventures together
l14riL3EQb-VgaLMc1W6BzgvIF6NH-qDBaT5KZve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Even in a sorta post-apocalypse where most stay underground, there are rubber duckies in random surface ponds, because of course there are.

DS-PC-00012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2