Dragons Dowry missing firing sound... possible to fix via modding?

Hey there fellas. Im trying to find a way to fix Dragons Dowry not having a firing (and swap weapon) sound effect. I tried to search in attacks.gamedatabundle and items.gamedatabundle. In gamedatabundle I tried to replace the AudioEventListID with that of a another Arquebus. Sadly either I am stupid (which IS a possibility because my experience is quite limited) or it just did not work

Does anyone else here have a clue? Its really immersion breaking and I sadly can not unhear it anymore. Makes me not want to continue

Edited by Matahari

Huh you are right about it lacking sound effects and is seemingly (from a quick glance on my part) the only Arquebus with a GUID to an audio event list.

The following should work for adding typical Arquebus sounds effects to the weapon:

{
    "GameDataObjects": [
    	{
            "$type": "Game.GameData.WeaponGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Arquebus_U_Dragons_Dowry",
            "ID": "1261d34f-af56-42c4-983e-bee8f11c28b5",
            "Components": [{
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.WeaponComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "AudioEventListID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]
}

Interestingly searching for GUID the event list "16dcb3b6-6d7f-455d-b1ca-ec1594389032" in audio.gamedatabundle points to list that seems to be something related the Blazing Fury ability, but since this list lacks all the typical Arquebus audio events this leads to no audio playing. 

• Like 1

Hey thank you so much for the response!  Do I have to edit/insert this in the items.gamedatabundle? Sorry if that question is dumb - I am really inexperienced
My theory is that they maybe had a different sound planned for it any forgot to add it.

Replacing the AudiEventListID form "16dcb3b6-6d7f-455d-b1ca-ec1594389032" to "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" sadly did not have any effect.

I also put the file in a folder (gunfixsound) put that folder in "overwrite", checked if the "mod" is active in the game. Still no cigar. Even starting a new game and spawning that damn gun. No sound. Its like the game refused to play it for some reason. Every other gun has not issues. Is there something going weird with my game?

Edited by Matahari
  • Hmmm 1

That is strange... I assume that Deadfire stores a snapshot of some data related to acquired weapons/items/companions/etc in the save of the character, which would be my guess for why the changes might not apply to the weapon if it already in your inventory. Maybe changing the event list to use the standard arquebus sounds might work?

Try placing the "dragons dowry fix" folder in the attached zip into the override folder (if there is no folder called "override" create it).

Hope this works!

dowry_sound_fix.zip

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kvellen said:

That is strange... I assume that Deadfire stores a snapshot of some data related to acquired weapons/items/companions/etc in the save of the character, which would be my guess for why the changes might not apply to the weapon if it already in your inventory. Maybe changing the event list to use the standard arquebus sounds might work?

Try placing the "dragons dowry fix" folder in the attached zip into the override folder (if there is no folder called "override" create it).

Hope this works!

dowry_sound_fix.zip 893 B · 2 downloads

Your fix did it! Thank you so much. Was really about to throw the towel on that one!
 I already tried it before with new saves to no avail. Probably just did something wrong on my end before! Adding the soundeffect to blazing fury does also fix the gun not having a sound effect for being swapped to in the inventory. No idea why but hey I'm glad its there now.

Do you want to upload the mod on the workshop? I would definitely award you lots of points 😄  

• Like 1